Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-12, 03:11 PM
LucciLou
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gauges?

im not boosting not yet at least...what other gauge should i get besides air/fuel? i dont need bat volt, oil pres, or engine heat or whatever the three that we already got on the cluster....so what else thats important that i should get in this situation?
Old 02-29-12, 03:54 PM
ajh1717
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing else is important. At this stage, everything is for looks so do whatever you want honestly.
Old 03-01-12, 07:19 AM
LucciLou
Driver

Question Well....

Originally Posted by ajh1717
Nothing else is important. At this stage, everything is for looks so do whatever you want honestly.
what else would be wise to keep track of? like vacuum ratio or water temp?
Old 03-01-12, 11:43 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

when you say Air/fuel i hope you mean Wideband. like a digital wideband like Aem UEGO, Innovative, FJO etc.

if youre shopping for gauges make sure they have a peak and warning feature otherwise theyre going to be pretty much useless. theres no way you can monitor gauges and drive at the same time. and please dont be one other dueche bags that put gauges in the glove compartment.

if you really want gauges i would say Boost gauge is a nice to have. not really needed but nice to know what PSI youre getting. but many boost controllers (Blitz, HKS, Greedy) have a built in boost gauge. so you may not need a separate gauge.

Wideband is really all you need. save your money
Old 03-05-12, 01:45 PM
LucciLou
Driver

Question Soooo

Originally Posted by baadhabit
when you say Air/fuel i hope you mean Wideband. like a digital wideband like Aem UEGO, Innovative, FJO etc.

if youre shopping for gauges make sure they have a peak and warning feature otherwise theyre going to be pretty much useless. theres no way you can monitor gauges and drive at the same time. and please dont be one other dueche bags that put gauges in the glove compartment.

if you really want gauges i would say Boost gauge is a nice to have. not really needed but nice to know what PSI youre getting. but many boost controllers (Blitz, HKS, Greedy) have a built in boost gauge. so you may not need a separate gauge.

Wideband is really all you need. save your money
thx badhabit that was wise....uhhmmm i just want 2 gauges right now just to monitor whats important and what gauges i dont have already in the cluster....so ya air/fuel but make sure its a digital wideband with warning features....but what other one should i get thats important to have that i dont already have? i dont know what to get to be honest LoL thats why im asking....
Old 03-05-12, 02:31 PM
ajh1717
Driver School Candidate

There is nothing else that is really important. You aren't tracking the car, and you aren't boosted. Everything is for show. Might as well get a voltage and something else to fill the spots.
Old 03-06-12, 12:19 AM
LucciLou
Driver

Question Well....

Originally Posted by ajh1717
There is nothing else that is really important. You aren't tracking the car, and you aren't boosted. Everything is for show. Might as well get a voltage and something else to fill the spots.
why should i get voltage? what about exhaust temp? how is vacuum ratio different from air/fuel ratio and why not a vac gauge?