Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
Old 12-16-14, 12:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides

Print Wikipost

F-Sport Exhaust Review

Old 10-02-14, 10:36 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$350^ damn you can sell that easily for 600-700 bucks haha but yeah F sport is too quiet imho. I had the HKS hi power before and it had drone on highway but sounded great. I now replaced the resonator with an aftermarket one and it really opened it up and i get compliments on how it sounds every week! I will upload a sound clip when i get a chance.
Old 10-02-14, 09:45 PM
Rsuave24
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ms2619
$350^ damn you can sell that easily for 600-700 bucks haha but yeah F sport is too quiet imho. I had the HKS hi power before and it had drone on highway but sounded great. I now replaced the resonator with an aftermarket one and it really opened it up and i get compliments on how it sounds every week! I will upload a sound clip when i get a chance.
The hi power was my first choice had I bought a one new..but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on this one.. plus with the money I saved.. I could get a nice invidia midpipe!!
Old 02-18-16, 07:21 AM
aring87
Driver School Candidate

Default f sport exhaust question

Hey guys I have a 2012 IS350 AWD and just installed the f sport exhaust with the intake. I love the new sound it makes, but after reading up on posts people are saying that the sound will get quieter after about 500-800 miles, which I do not want. For the poeple that have this set up my first question is, how much quieter will it get? Will I actually notice it or is it very minimal? Also if it is noticebly quieter is there a way to get it back to the sound when I first installed it? a resonater delete? or maybe adding PPE headers? I would add a mid pipe, but they don't make thoes for AWD cars. I don't want it too loud just would like to get it back to as close as possible to the sound it was when I first installed it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 02-18-16, 01:28 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aring87
Hey guys I have a 2012 IS350 AWD and just installed the f sport exhaust with the intake. I love the new sound it makes, but after reading up on posts people are saying that the sound will get quieter after about 500-800 miles, which I do not want. For the poeple that have this set up my first question is, how much quieter will it get? Will I actually notice it or is it very minimal? Also if it is noticebly quieter is there a way to get it back to the sound when I first installed it? a resonater delete? or maybe adding PPE headers? I would add a mid pipe, but they don't make thoes for AWD cars. I don't want it too loud just would like to get it back to as close as possible to the sound it was when I first installed it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
IT gets quieter because it breaks in, no way to makethe actual exhaust louder, you can opt out for Greddy evo 3, hks, or ark. All of which are louder.
Old 02-19-16, 10:21 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

does it actually get quieter or do you just become more adjusted to it? if it does in fact break in does anyone know what would cause it to do so
Old 02-19-16, 10:33 AM
Icy350
Lead Lap

it does get quieter, as with any exhaust system.

You know how leather breaks in and gets more comfortable with use? Same laws applies to metals that are heated and cooled repetitively.
Old 04-20-16, 09:31 PM
cmui
Driver School Candidate

Does the f-sport exhaust quite down over time?
Old 05-02-16, 12:44 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my experience it has.
Old 05-06-16, 03:31 PM
funny
Driver School Candidate

Have F-Sport Exhaust. Great Balance of external view and more tasty sound.
Old 05-17-16, 10:55 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone experienced any backfire from the exhaust? It happened yesterday on my way home from work. Just wondering...
Old 06-25-16, 10:24 AM
Pinkkslip
Driver School Candidate

I'm looking for an f sport exhaust for my 2Is 08 is350 😁 Sell me one
Old 10-16-16, 02:50 PM
JV6
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made a short video last day for anyone who is interested in the sound of the F Sport Exhaust. Hope it helps for anyone that is in the market for one

Old 10-17-16, 07:03 AM
strikeraj
Driver

Originally Posted by UniSlayEX
Has anyone experienced any backfire from the exhaust? It happened yesterday on my way home from work. Just wondering...
Yes I have the same thing.
Old 10-23-16, 05:59 PM
Koolsport
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JV6
I made a short video last day for anyone who is interested in the sound of the F Sport Exhaust. Hope it helps for anyone that is in the market for one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJwE1JUBJJk
Sounds good, but I would be afraid of committing suicide if I cold start my car and let it run for over 2 minutes while revving it in an enclosed garage!........lol!
Old 11-02-16, 02:33 PM
ISRider350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pdpgps
Cons:
After driving mixed city roads and the highway, I actually think I will be reverting back to stock. This thing is loud, even with all of the windows closed. The loudest is from 1500-2500rpm. It's a loud throaty sound but its really distracting to the passenger and consequently any conversations. I would not recommend for the working professional who has to drive clients or their bosses around (this is an individual preference of course on the threshold you are willing to tolerate)
I would've installed the Tanabe Medallion. It's more quiet. LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F-Sport Exhaust Review