Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2001 Gs300 aristo swap info?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-12, 11:47 AM
1SickGS300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Gs300 aristo swap info?

Ok i ve been reading and searching but not really getting any definite answers. The info is all over the place and theres no real answer for most of the question ive seen asked.

Ok I have a 2001 Gs300 obviously. Ive been seeing where some say that this model is either an easy swap or a hard swap. I cant find any real info on this purticular year model. The manufactured date was Feb 2001. So i did look under my hood at the ecu and it has 5 white plugs and a grey plug on my ecu. as for the aristo ecu ive seen only has 5 plugs. know im guessing one of the plugs is the immobilzer? Im not really sure.

So first im trying to determine if my 2001 is the easier swap like the 98-00 model?

How can i truly Tell if it is or not? EX: 5 plugs on this model yes or 6 plugs on this model yes?

Is there a certain year Aristo swap that i should look for for my model?

Hopefully i can gather all the info on this purticular 2001 model here in one spot. Any info would be appreciated only for this Year model since it can go either way. Thanks!
Old 02-22-12, 12:07 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

This should tell you the difference

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...cu-pinout.html
Old 02-23-12, 12:07 PM
1SickGS300
Driver

so im guessing by that post that i have the 98-01 version and i have the easier swap because i have 6 plugs on my ecu? once again everything is kind of vague.
Old 02-23-12, 12:13 PM
OT0814
Lead Lap

The connections are different. for 98-01 they seen to be more longer rectangle. The 02+ seem to all be the similar size. There isn't anything vague about it. See what your connections look like
Old 02-23-12, 06:32 PM
AWDtoyota
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mean to thread jack...

But, what needs to be done to do the swap in a 02-05 gs?

De-pin, and swap plug connectors? I assume it is more involved than that...
Old 02-24-12, 07:51 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...isto-swap.html
Old 02-24-12, 11:09 AM
1SickGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by OT0814
The connections are different. for 98-01 they seen to be more longer rectangle. The 02+ seem to all be the similar size. There isn't anything vague about it. See what your connections look like
It is vague, because nowhere i read actually states that if you have the 98-01.(which i have) Seems to be 5 white plugs and a grey plug than you have the easier model to work with and if you have this easier model to work with...Then this is all that you will need to get the aristo swap in..

No details at all. I dont understand why this site is so jumbled up with the info. Theres plenty of people with this swap and i cant seem to get a direct answer on what is needed for my model year.

For example: If you have this year model (98-01) as long as you have the 5 white plugs and 1 grey plug on your ecu then your swap is the easist. all you will need is a engine/components from this( Year??) aristo and do this (info??) for an easy install .(as long as you are mechanically skilleD) lol..

This would be for a stock aristo auto swap no extra parts. No fancy big horesepower crazy stuff like changing out your tranny cause you want a manuel or changing it out to push 500 hp. Just taking a stock gs300 engine out and swapping in a stock aristo auto in to dd with just a little xtra kick. thats all where can i find this? Cause ive searched and cant seem to find this info
Old 03-19-12, 01:18 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

<'01 GS3 2nd Gen you will have an easy straight forward swap, if you know what you're doing.
>'01 GS3 2nd Gen, you will have to do some rewiring. There is plenty of information to those who seek it.

Basically you need to make sure the wiring is correct, run return fuel lines, mount and run IC & piping, have correct throttle cable or make one that will work, use full GS400 driveshaft or front section of GS400 driveshaft to mate with Aristo transmission, have ECU with the following model # 89661-3A470 (this does not have immobilizer), custom downpipe, either need the JDM MAF or need to do one of the following: piggyback that will simulate a MAF or go standalone, and most importantly...do a good amount of maintenance prior to dropping the motor in!
Old 03-19-12, 03:29 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Heck I'll do those mysterious golden secret 01+ swaps and just eliminate any confusion, I'll provide the vvti motor/trans, new timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, driveshaft, power steering reservoir, a/c charge, making an all stainless steel downpipe with flex section and wideband bung, front mount intercooler with all 3" pipe, walbro 255 and hanger siphon mod, return line run, and even do the crazy insane wiring conversion. And do it all for $10,000 in one weekend, drive in drive out.. Make it $16,000 and one more weekend and I'll add in the mythical unicorn jdm soarer extended r154 trans, custom driveshaft, fiberglassed/painted shifter bezel w/ oem leather boot, and a pedal swap.

Originally Posted by 1SickGS300
It is vague, because nowhere i read actually states that if you have the 98-01.(which i have) Seems to be 5 white plugs and a grey plug than you have the easier model to work with and if you have this easier model to work with...Then this is all that you will need to get the aristo swap in..

No details at all. I dont understand why this site is so jumbled up with the info. Theres plenty of people with this swap and i cant seem to get a direct answer on what is needed for my model year.

For example: If you have this year model (98-01) as long as you have the 5 white plugs and 1 grey plug on your ecu then your swap is the easist. all you will need is a engine/components from this( Year??) aristo and do this (info??) for an easy install .(as long as you are mechanically skilleD) lol..
There have got to be over 100 individual posts here that state the obvious, there are only two ecu types in the GS and the connectors look obviously different, even the ecu box looks different on the outside. And only the 01 model year is even in question. The problem with this site is most of the kids asking have minimal mechanical ability and/or don't have money to just get the motor and do it.. If one really needs it spoon feed to such a minute degree they probably can't handle it anyway and will have to pay someone else to do it, and if the person that is gonna do it for them is asking for all this information to be provided to them in such detail then they probably shouldn't be getting paid to do the swap in the first place..

Here's the deal, if one just buys the engine set and then pulls their engine out, it will be absolutely dead obvious what needs to happen.

01+ or not the GTE swap in these car has got to be one of the easiest swap there is.

To answer your question all you do is look at your ecu and look at an aristo ecu, if they are the same plug it in. If they are not then wire it in.

Originally Posted by 88supramki
use full GS400 driveshaft or front section of GS400 driveshaft to mate with Aristo transmission,
The GS400 driveshaft does not work, you have to have the front half of the aristo shaft. It is the only bolt-in solution. It's cheap and easy enough to have a complete shaft made or have the gs one modified if it was not included with the swap.

Last edited by 99 GS3; 03-20-12 at 01:31 PM.
Old 03-20-12, 07:55 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

^^
Sold! Hahah! I could have sworn the GS4 front section has been known to work, but it's good to know that it won't.
Old 03-20-12, 01:32 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

I could have sworn the GS4 front section has been known to work, but it's good to know that it won't.
I have read a couple posts of speculation and misinformation about the same thing. But unfortunately it's a no-go..

But if anyone truly thinks it bolts right in I have one out in the shed I'd be happy to sell, but no refunds when it don't fit..
Old 03-20-12, 02:24 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

from what I recall, us SC folk can use the SC4 front drive shaft if swapping in an aristo motor set. Then again, I could be completely wrong there too.
Old 03-20-12, 03:41 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

from what I recall, us SC folk can use the SC4 front drive shaft if swapping in an aristo motor set. Then again, I could be completely wrong there too.
Yeah I do believe it is a direct fit for the SC swap.
Old 09-24-16, 11:32 PM
Kzoosho
Driver

Wondering what doesnt work with the gs400 front half? It bolts to trans and all. Is it too long? I know its a long bump, but seems to be the best place to ask