Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tanabe Medalion Axle Back Installed (Pics and opinion included!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-13, 05:23 AM
Soap
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

It's just a matter of time before I pull the trigger on this exhaust. It's exactly what I am looking for. Just waiting for a great deal to come along on pricing and shipping I suppose. Good stuff guys. Will be sure to order that gasket from Sewell as well.
Old 01-19-13, 11:37 AM
Skyfox16
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I picked mine up from amazon for $500 with free shipping. It was listed as used - slightly damaged box. The box was a little beat up but a brand new exhaust was inside all wrapped up. I think the next lowest price I saw was around $650. Still loving the sound of this exhaust.
Old 01-19-13, 04:23 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyfox16
I picked mine up from amazon for $500 with free shipping. It was listed as used - slightly damaged box. The box was a little beat up but a brand new exhaust was inside all wrapped up. I think the next lowest price I saw was around $650. Still loving the sound of this exhaust.
That was a sweet deal!
Old 01-29-13, 04:25 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Quick question for the "detailing" experts. What is best for keeping the tips clean and polished? I've had the exhaust for over a year now and notice that it comes less and less clean when I was the car. I know that there are companies with their own polish (Borla sells theirs), but was curious as to what the majority of CL members use to clean and polish their tips.
Old 01-29-13, 04:42 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slammer1
Quick question for the "detailing" experts. What is best for keeping the tips clean and polished? I've had the exhaust for over a year now and notice that it comes less and less clean when I was the car. I know that there are companies with their own polish (Borla sells theirs), but was curious as to what the majority of CL members use to clean and polish their tips.
check autopia.org or autogeek.net forumS
it really depends on how much work you want to put in
i'm lazy, so i just use p21s polishing soap...good enough for quick easy job lol
Old 01-29-13, 04:52 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I would recommend Chemical Guys Metal Shine + Protection. It is inexpensive and very effective (as you can see in the photos). I apply it by hand with a MF towel and always get great results - no matter how bad the tips were to start with.

^Note this is a M2 exhaust, not the Tanabe, but you get the idea.

^Non lexus, but just demonstrating the ability of the polish. This is what was left on the exhaust AFTER it had already been washed. The polish was able to remove the contamination. The owner told me he never even knew they were chrome

**moderators: please note, these photos are in no way an advertisement for detailing, they were simply borrowed from my website so they include a watermark with my website. These were posted with the intent of answering a question and demonstrating the ability of a product only and not for business purposes. Thanks**
Old 01-29-13, 05:26 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Well damn! That looks like it's certainly worth trying. Available retail or is it an online item? I've never heard of it. Thanks for the quick reply and the demo pics, btw.
Old 01-29-13, 08:32 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Well damn! That looks like it's certainly worth trying. Available retail or is it an online item? I've never heard of it. Thanks for the quick reply and the demo pics, btw.
Depends on where you are... Chemical Guys is based in California. They are a renowned professional detailing product manufacturer and are very popular among pros and enthusiasts alike. They've got a ton of great things.

I personally get my supplies through an online site - www.DetailedImage.com - who also happen to be a vender here on the forum.
Old 02-13-13, 02:51 PM
kennyv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the look and sound of my Tanabe....considering a mid pipe in the future
Old 02-13-13, 05:46 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kennyv
I love the look and sound of my Tanabe....considering a mid pipe in the future
Do it! Really brings the Tanabe to life. My only complaint with the Tanabe and the factory mid pipe was that I had to really be in the throttle to hear the note that I wanted. With the Invidia mid, you hear it just about all of the time.
Old 07-10-15, 11:09 PM
is250fsprt
Pole Position

Just put an order in for my Tanabe Medalion Axle back. Can't wait for it to come in. Will I have any leaks if I reuse all of my gaskets?
Old 07-11-15, 12:01 AM
JustBrosy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by is250fsprt
Just put an order in for my Tanabe Medalion Axle back. Can't wait for it to come in. Will I have any leaks if I reuse all of my gaskets?
No you should be allright unless the gaskets are blown
Old 07-11-15, 12:54 PM
is250fsprt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JustBrosy
No you should be allright unless the gaskets are blown
Cool. I'll make sure to check before I install the new exhaust. For anyone looking to buy this exhaust I found another website today that's cheaper than amazon. Had to cancel my order with Amazon since I found a better price elsewhere. Have anyone order from this company?
http://raceconsultingagency.com/stor...?itemid=128996

Last edited by is250fsprt; 07-11-15 at 12:59 PM.