Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2007 Lexus IS250 AWD O2 Codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-11, 01:29 PM
Onie09
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Lexus IS250 AWD O2 Codes

Hey everyone I recently got my car back from PPE in Arizona it's a 2007 IS250 AWD and they custom made some Headers (cat less) for me and ran custom dual pipes all the way out the back. It sounds great and I have pictures they look amazing as soon as I get near a computer i'll post them up. My only problem is I've got a couple codes now, P0031 and P0051, which are right and left bank O2 codes. Paul at PPE put in the O2 conditioners so I wouldn't get any codes and I sent him a letter similar to this one. He says they are for the heater circuits and that I should check the fuse first then the resistance. I am getting ready to consult the manual but figured I'd ask you guys also. Does anyone know which fuse it would be or have any other suggestions. I appreciate all the info I can get.
Thank you all and happy holidays to everyone,
Onie
Old 12-04-11, 08:20 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Try to reset the ecu first. To see if it comes back rite away.
Old 12-04-11, 10:15 PM
Onie09
Driver School Candidate

I have reset it a few times by pulling the negative post of the battery off and it does come back immediately. When I hook the battery back up and try to start it this is what happens every time: first I put my foot on the brake pedal and push the start button, it starts up and then dies after a second or two of running, I put my foot on the brake pedal again and push the button once more, the car starts perfectly fine runs great, it starts loading the navigation goes through it's checks no problems, then before it even has time to finish loading the navigation it kicks on the warning light then CEL then Check VSC. I never have any problems starting it again until I pull the battery, I have taken it to multiple places to scan it and it always says P0031&P0051. At an idle the car runs great and smooth, when I put it in drive and am stopped it idles roughly and when I take off it misses a little at first then once I get off the gas pedal a bit it smooths out. Any suggestions? I have searched for these codes and tried to find what fuse may be linked to the O2 heater circuit but haven't had any luck so far. I appreciate any info or questions.
Thanks
Old 12-04-11, 10:21 PM
Onie09
Driver School Candidate

also it won't let me clear the codes with a handheld scanner
Old 12-04-11, 10:39 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Did you pull the fuse like in the link. That how you reset the ecu along with taking the ground off the battery?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...reset-ecu.html
Old 12-04-11, 11:04 PM
Onie09
Driver School Candidate

No I didnt I never heard anything about that thank you for the link I will try in the am
Old 12-04-11, 11:35 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

If that doesn't work chances are both primary o2 may need to be replaced.
Old 12-05-11, 11:22 AM
Onie09
Driver School Candidate

I am going to try it now but I don't have O2's anymore I have O2 condtioners from PPE since I had them do my exhaust
Old 12-05-11, 12:02 PM
Onie09
Driver School Candidate

I reset the ecu like it showed in the link and it's doing the same thing, started up died, started again and before it even had time to load the navsystem it kicked on the warnings and lights. Any more suggestions again the codes are P0031 & P0051
Old 12-05-11, 12:47 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should still have 02 sensors in their normal locations. The conditioner intercepts those signals and spits out acceptable values so the car thinks the catalytic converters are there and working.

Are you certain the conditioners are connected properly? I had some codes and severe bogging and smoke because I had an incorrect wire tap when I first did mine. Since the correction, have had no problems whatsoever and also passed inspection just the other day.
Old 12-05-11, 06:20 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

Maybe ask PPE to swap out the conditioner or try the mechanical solutions.

I had a sim too at first but it eventually broke. With some trial and error I was able to use extension to get rid of the codes. Also you will need to put some miles on the car so that it can adjust. Get a code reader that can clear codes. For headers, there were times when the code came on after a long time. Others have seen codes instantly and these were more difficult to diagnose and fix.

Good luck.
Old 12-06-11, 02:43 PM
Onie09
Driver School Candidate

Yea PPE installed the conditioners I am confident in their installation it is after all there product. And I live in Colorado PPE is in Arizona so the computer had 500+ miles to think about it. I called the dealer they think it's the maf anybody have any thoughts on that? Also I was reading a thread about a tsb out for the 06 ecu unit, saying somehow fuel was getting into the oil due to an ecu problem,the fix was to have the ecu flashed and oil changed. I'm trying to find the thread again not having too much luck but any thoughts on that? I may be crazy but after reading the post I sniffed the dipstick and could've sworn I smelled fuel.
Thanks for the info
Old 12-06-11, 05:18 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it could be the maf...but usually you get some code related directly to the maf itself. It'll be out of range or something. Try cleaning it with some maf cleaner and reset your ecu again.

If that doesnt work, you may have to bite the bullet and let the dealership look at it.
Old 12-07-11, 12:26 PM
Onie09
Driver School Candidate

Yea I'm thinking I'll have to go to the stealership, only thing holding me back is my job lol and the fact that i live in gand junction colorado and the nearest dealer is in denver 300 miles away. although I am still hoping the maf fixes it. I guess we'll find out on Friday. Thank you all for the information it's much appreciated
Old 01-06-12, 04:23 PM
PghLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Onie09
I guess we'll find out on Friday. Thank you all for the information it's much appreciated
So what happened?
What did you do to resolve your problem?

Quick Reply: 2007 Lexus IS250 AWD O2 Codes