Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Engine Vibration at Idle Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-19, 01:10 PM
shawnstark
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to reply to this post. I own a 2007 Lexus GS 350 awd. This car was driving so smooth until 7 months ago. The car started vibrating just a tad. It felt like the car had the shakes. Dealer suggested I do a tune up. I had tune up done and the vibration was till there. It will only vibrate when I come to a complete halt at a stop sign or red light. When this happen I would put the car in neutral and it will stop. I went to the dealer ship and described problem again and they mentioned that it might be my engine and it would need to be replaced. I mentioned the engine mounts and he said that the mounts don't go bad on my style car. I asked for a quote any way and the total was 2500. I said I will just deal with the shakes until I get a new car. I tried seafoam in the gas and considered replacing my axels until I came across this post in the forum. Long story short I figured this will be the cheapest route to go. I purchase 2 engine mounts from E Bay for 180 in total and I purchased a tranny mount from Lexus. My friend is a local mechanic here and we went to work at around 6pm. The driver side mount we got out but it was difficult to put back. The passenger side was fairly easy to take out and place back. We took the tranny out and placed the new one in. The brackets were the hardest to take out for the driver side. Once the new mounts were in when I tell you that the car drives so smooth. No vibrations at all and it feels like I just drove off the dealership show room. I thank you for this post because this gave me hope that it was the mounts and it was.
Old 05-06-19, 10:41 AM
insyder
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by az-dave
...Just hope anyone else with the problem can search and hopefully stumble across this thread....
Chiming in here in case az-dave still comes here. This totally helps as I'm looking at this issue right now. Thanks!!!
Old 01-15-21, 12:42 AM
Stunt101
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnstark

Just wanted to reply to this post. I own a 2007 Lexus GS 350 awd. This car was driving so smooth until 7 months ago. The car started vibrating just a tad. It felt like the car had the shakes. Dealer suggested I do a tune up. I had tune up done and the vibration was till there. It will only vibrate when I come to a complete halt at a stop sign or red light. When this happen I would put the car in neutral and it will stop. I went to the dealer ship and described problem again and they mentioned that it might be my engine and it would need to be replaced. I mentioned the engine mounts and he said that the mounts don't go bad on my style car. I asked for a quote any way and the total was 2500. I said I will just deal with the shakes until I get a new car. I tried seafoam in the gas and considered replacing my axels until I came across this post in the forum. Long story short I figured this will be the cheapest route to go. I purchase 2 engine mounts from E Bay for 180 in total and I purchased a tranny mount from Lexus. My friend is a local mechanic here and we went to work at around 6pm. The driver side mount we got out but it was difficult to put back. The passenger side was fairly easy to take out and place back. We took the tranny out and placed the new one in. The brackets were the hardest to take out for the driver side. Once the new mounts were in when I tell you that the car drives so smooth. No vibrations at all and it feels like I just drove off the dealership show room. I thank you for this post because this gave me hope that it was the mounts and it was.
Question
How long did it take to complete and what all did you have to remove to get to the driver and passenger side?