Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Invidia midpipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-14, 11:00 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBawss
Sorry need a little hand here. I just bought mine last week. Tried to do it myself but I figured I'm gonna need a lift so I asked one of our local shops and they said they don't want to take out the o2 sensor with the special tool for it, rather they want to unplug it from the inside. It's gonna cost me like $300 for labor. Is there any certain way to take off the o2 without doing all that work?. They don't wanna take it out from the bottom coz they're afraid that they might damage the sensor or the wiring.
I would go to the auto store and just buy the tool my self. the pic is below. I get why, its to avoid spinning the wires and having them split but its unnecessary since the o2 sensor really only has about 4 thread turns and can come out with out doing that. They can just use a regular 17 wrench

Old 11-26-14, 11:45 PM
BigBawss
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
I would go to the auto store and just buy the tool my self. the pic is below. I get why, its to avoid spinning the wires and having them split but its unnecessary since the o2 sensor really only has about 4 thread turns and can come out with out doing that. They can just use a regular 17 wrench

I just bought one from the store. I'm planning to do it this coming weekends hopefully everything goes well. any tips that I should know of when unpluggin the o2 sensor? thanks btw
Old 11-28-14, 02:17 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just bought one from the store. I'm planning to do it this coming weekends hopefully everything goes well. any tips that I should know of when unpluggin the o2 sensor? thanks btw
when your screwing it back in, spin it in the same direction you took it out so that when you put it back, the wires straighten out. other than that,it should be as easy as unscrewing any bolt
Old 11-28-14, 11:04 PM
jasonr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey bro i used the same one and it messed but the bolt and wires.

Try to use this one or bring it to a shop and ask them to loose it.
Make sure you lift your car high enough so you have enough leverage. less leverage might damage the corners on O2 bolt. Mine spun few times. Don't buy from O-reilly. Their tool ( big one) will definitely damage your O2 bolt. This one has less play and wires are safe.
Attached Thumbnails Invidia midpipe-tool.jpg  
Old 11-29-14, 07:48 PM
BigBawss
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jasonr
Hey bro i used the same one and it messed but the bolt and wires.

Try to use this one or bring it to a shop and ask them to loose it.
Make sure you lift your car high enough so you have enough leverage. less leverage might damage the corners on O2 bolt. Mine spun few times. Don't buy from O-reilly. Their tool ( big one) will definitely damage your O2 bolt. This one has less play and wires are safe.
lol that was a huge help bro luckily I haven't started yet coz I bought the one from O-reilly. Can you tell me where you got yours?
Old 11-29-14, 07:51 PM
BigBawss
Driver School Candidate

And also, Did you guys cut the heat shield that protects the o2 sensor when trying to take it off?