Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Just Got My Joe Z "Special Edition" Intake!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-11, 07:57 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not into polished under the hood when everything else black. A nice black pipe would look good and flow with the rest of the bay!

Na if I won't cuta hole in the OEM box, I don't think I would use a marker on the pipe. Even though Joe Z does have the blue pipe as pictured above!
Old 09-21-11, 10:10 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

After having my Joe Z for a couple weeks now almost...I like it a lot better then the F-Sport. I always thought the F-Sport growl from the hole without an exhaust on the car to mask it wasn't for me...but I like the very subtle sound the Joe Z gives. Contrary to what everyone else says, there is a little more noise around 4,000 rpm...it's very clean sounding. I will eventually get the carb sticker and just put it on the airbox, which you can order from Sewell as well as some drop in filter, either the F-Sport or wait for aFe. But for a third of the price for the same design, same gains and I would say better look...this is the way to go.
Old 09-21-11, 03:28 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by pjjames1
After having my Joe Z for a couple weeks now almost...I like it a lot better then the F-Sport. I always thought the F-Sport growl from the hole without an exhaust on the car to mask it wasn't for me...but I like the very subtle sound the Joe Z gives. Contrary to what everyone else says, there is a little more noise around 4,000 rpm...it's very clean sounding. I will eventually get the carb sticker and just put it on the airbox, which you can order from Sewell as well as some drop in filter, either the F-Sport or wait for aFe. But for a third of the price for the same design, same gains and I would say better look...this is the way to go.
Another one for the plus side, is you get an "Original" design as well...

~ Joe Z
Old 09-21-11, 05:43 PM
Snubbles
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the clarification guys.
Old 09-23-11, 08:41 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Any of you IS250 guys have any installed pictures of the Blue and Black intakes?

BTW: How was the shipping price from L Tuned? I know it depends where your located compared to them, but just to get an idea.
Old 09-23-11, 11:36 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

I will post a pic in a while of it on my car...mines a 350 though. Shipping to me from Socal to Norcal was $10.00...not too bad.
Old 09-23-11, 12:24 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

There any coupon discount codes? And anyone willing to help a fellow CL'er out to install if I decide to go the Joe-Z route instead of F-sport?
Old 09-23-11, 04:00 PM
APynckel
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
Any of you IS250 guys have any installed pictures of the Blue and Black intakes?

BTW: How was the shipping price from L Tuned? I know it depends where your located compared to them, but just to get an idea.
There ya go

And my shipping was $10.50
Old 09-23-11, 07:51 PM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Looks good. So how do you like it. Add any more sound, throttle response?

Not bad on shipping. I'm guessing it would be a little more than $10.50 to get to me. Actually kind of thinking about the blue pipe now. Not to flashy!
Old 10-06-11, 09:15 PM
ajlexus11
Driver School Candidate

Very stupid question but will this http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3296 fit on my 2011...i mean there shouldnt be that much difference between fitment right,....and whats the deal with the filter? i cant use the stock lexus filter? thought it was better
Old 10-07-11, 05:42 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ajlexus11
Very stupid question but will this http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3296 fit on my 2011...i mean there shouldnt be that much difference between fitment right,....and whats the deal with the filter? i cant use the stock lexus filter? thought it was better
Yeah, looks like they just haven't updated the web page to mention 2011... and you can reuse the stock filter if you want, this doesn't change your airbox at all.

There's really no "better" regarding filters apart from if you expect to keep the car more than 60,000 miles it'll be cheaper to buy a reusable one like the F-sport filter than to keep buying OEM ones every 30k miles... even the stock one, and certainly any aftermarket ones, already flow more air than you'll need.
Old 10-08-11, 06:16 PM
hnb
Rookie

Default JoeZ

Love your USB intake pipe. I do have a couple of questions about the differences between your pipe and the OEM F-Sport pipe.

Is your pipe the same diameter of the OEM one? Looking at the factory kit and the instructions on Sewell, it seems like the OEM is 3-1/4" diameter. The coupler hose to the throttle body looks to be a reducer type since they use a #48 (3") clamp for the throttle body side and a #52 (3-1/4") clamp on the pipe side. Does the throttle body have a 3" OD? From the instructions, the "hump" coupler his a 3.25"/3.15" coupler so I assume the inlet box has a 3" OD outlet.

I know a "hump" hose acts like a expansion joint so any vibration from the engine doesn't get directed straight to the intake box. Have you had any problems with pipe movement or vibration from the engine to the air box or do the supplied hoses have enough give?

What I'm trying to figure out is whether to buy a your tube in USB and use after-marker shiny black silicone hoses or your black pipe and use blue hoses. Any info on the differences between your hoses and the OEM hoses would be appreciated.
Old 10-10-11, 01:02 AM
leek
Driver

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda

Just Got My Joe Z "Special Edition" Intake!-v44ix.jpg

Shipping for me was $12.51 to NC.
Old 10-10-11, 08:10 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ajlexus11
Correct..!!

Fits ALL 2006 to 2012: IS250's, IS350's, IS-AWD's and IS-C's

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-10-11 at 08:21 AM.
Old 10-10-11, 08:19 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Thank You

1) Our pipe has a 3" Internal Diameter

2) The TB Inlet and Airbox outlet also have a 3" ID.

3) I can not comment on any of the F-Sport parts or why they use what they use in this application.

4) In the instructions we provide, it states to leave space on both ends of the black sleeves. This will allow approx 1/4" inch gap on each end with the pipe floating in between the 2 sleeves.. No vibrations will occur when installed correctly.

5) Our Black Silicone fiber reinforced sleeves have a 3" ID as well & are 2-ply turbo charger grade.

The "Joe Z Intake Pipe" was released in 2006... The F-Sport line was released in 2008

Thank You

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by hnb
Love your USB intake pipe. I do have a couple of questions about the differences between your pipe and the OEM F-Sport pipe.

Is your pipe the same diameter of the OEM one? Looking at the factory kit and the instructions on Sewell, it seems like the OEM is 3-1/4" diameter. The coupler hose to the throttle body looks to be a reducer type since they use a #48 (3") clamp for the throttle body side and a #52 (3-1/4") clamp on the pipe side. Does the throttle body have a 3" OD? From the instructions, the "hump" coupler his a 3.25"/3.15" coupler so I assume the inlet box has a 3" OD outlet.

I know a "hump" hose acts like a expansion joint so any vibration from the engine doesn't get directed straight to the intake box. Have you had any problems with pipe movement or vibration from the engine to the air box or do the supplied hoses have enough give?

What I'm trying to figure out is whether to buy a your tube in USB and use after-marker shiny black silicone hoses or your black pipe and use blue hoses. Any info on the differences between your hoses and the OEM hoses would be appreciated.

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-10-11 at 08:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Just Got My Joe Z "Special Edition" Intake!