Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

F Sport Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-11, 05:26 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport Intake

I wanna get some opinions on the F Sport intake because one of the sales guy at a lexus dealer told me that the F Sport intake have too much restriction and is not worth buying.
Old 06-22-11, 05:31 PM
somatic
Rookie

..its better than stock, but you could improvise the design with a joe z intake pipe and hi flow filter for a lot less, + the increase is minimal. Its really just louder, which I *personally* like lol
Old 06-22-11, 05:32 PM
kinglexus99
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just had my installed by a dealer yesterday and I freaking love it! Makes the car sound more ballsy without being overkill. Plus it gives you an extra 3-5 hp (from what I've seen tested).

I got my for $325 an paid $96 for the dealer to install (some ppl say its easy enough to do yourself but I'm not a car techy type of guy so I felt better leaving it to the pros).

Def worth the money in my opinion.
Old 06-22-11, 05:40 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

for F-Sport Intake
Old 06-22-11, 07:48 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

+1. Go for it!
Old 06-23-11, 06:05 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

"too much restriction"

Uh... what?

I'd LOVE to hear his technical explanation of that since all it is is a copy of the stock lower airbox with an extra hole in it... and a metal tube replacing a rubber tube...

Anyway, back in reality... no intake will add a significant amount of power to the car, because the stock intake already provides more air than the motor is capable of using.

A Joe Z pipe (for $125) will provide about a 5 hp gain, and that's the most you're getting from any intake.

The F-sport is largely a copy of that design, with the addition of the lower box with an extra hole to make it noisier, and a re-usable filter thrown in.

The cheapest option for max gain is the Joe Z pipe.

The cheapest option for more noise is to just cut an identical hole in your stock lower box.

The cheapest option that's legal in over-regulated-a-fornia is the F-sport intake since it has a CARB sticker.

The F-sport is a fine intake (and yes, if you get one, install it yourself... 30-60 minutes if you can read english and operate a screwdriver)...IMHO it's generally a bit expensive for what you get, but it certainly doesn't add any restriction to the car.
Old 06-23-11, 10:27 AM
vincerulz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine 2 weeks ago and I love it =)
Quick and easy installation with my friend.. took us 30mins
Old 06-23-11, 10:45 AM
sensaznis
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2006 IS250 AWD and the F-Sport intake was the first mod I did. It's been in for about 8 months now and I absolutely love it. The sound that it produces makes it sound mean as hell but only when you really lay on the gas and sounds stock when you drive it normal. I def felt a small difference in the HP gain but that's just me being that HP gain on any mod is constantly debated on this forum. F-Sport is the only way to go if you don't want to be hassled by your local Lexus dealer when you bring it in for service. Well worth the money.
Old 06-23-11, 10:55 AM
Silkky
Lead Lap

Went with F-Sport only because of the CARB sticker. Not sure about the smog laws in GA but here in CA, it's pretty strict.
Old 06-23-11, 01:47 PM
kumquatism
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the F-sport also because it's easy (CARB legal), just in case I do run into any trouble down the road.
Old 06-23-11, 03:26 PM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

You won't regret getting the F-sport intake. It makes a nice throaty sound around 3400 rpms. Nice and quiet when just cruising around and sound when you press on it. Which part of GA do you live? If you're local, I'll let you hear it to see if it's what you're looking for.
Old 06-23-11, 04:39 PM
VPIS350
Driver

Go with F sport! My first was an INJEN and it messed with the MAF sensor so it threw on lights and the power distribution was out of place. F-sport is more defined and feels smoother. I don't know about other people but my tires tend to slip more than it use to when i had the stock intake. So no restriction.
Old 06-23-11, 06:41 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

lol sounds like everyone likes the f sport intake... well, this is what the sales guy told me and he meant it has more restriction compared to other aftermarket intakes.
Old 06-23-11, 06:41 PM
Denver
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhoNoodles
You won't regret getting the F-sport intake. It makes a nice throaty sound around 3400 rpms. Nice and quiet when just cruising around and sound when you press on it. Which part of GA do you live? If you're local, I'll let you hear it to see if it's what you're looking for.
im in lilburn/norcross (gwinnett)
Old 06-23-11, 06:50 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Denver
im in lilburn/norcross (gwinnett)
If you are in southern Georgia I may be able to meet up with you and let you take a look. I'm in Tallahassee, so that wouldn't be too bad.

Quick Reply: F Sport Intake