Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Solution:F-Sport High-flow Air Filter w/high-flow lower intake box only

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-11, 06:46 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Arrow Solution:F-Sport High-flow Air Filter w/high-flow lower intake box only

Well everyone, after I just installed my USED F-Sport intake I figured I'd check out Sewellparts and see how much the filter cleaner costs. To my surprise, I also found that you can purchase the F-Sport intake without having to buy the polished pipe.

For those like myself who want the best of both worlds, while saving money at the same time, this is the way to go. You can buy the F-Sport High-flow Air Filter w/high-flow lower intake box only and then go and buy the JOE-Z intake pipe in black (for the stealthy look) or the new special edition blue (what I wish I bought) and spend a total of approximately $265.00

Here is a link to the filter and lower box only: http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2011/1793.html

If you are registered on their site as a ClubLexus member the price is only $128.56

***Wish I did a little more searching before pulling the trigger
Old 06-16-11, 03:25 AM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

do you know if it's required to have those metal pipes for the intake? or if the stock tubing is enough/fits for the lower fsport box?
Old 06-16-11, 05:10 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by InspireME
do you know if it's required to have those metal pipes for the intake? or if the stock tubing is enough/fits for the lower fsport box?
One has nothing to do with the other.

The metal pipe adds a few hp.

The lower airbox just adds noise (that you can get free just cutting the same extra hole in your stock lower box)

Both bolt to either end of the stock upper air box.
Old 06-16-11, 05:22 PM
diablo1714
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does the stock lower box also hold the filter?
Old 06-16-11, 05:25 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo1714
does the stock lower box also hold the filter?
Yes, the filter sits inside the box.
Old 06-17-11, 04:09 AM
diablo1714
Driver

Here's the two lower boxes.
Attached Thumbnails Solution:F-Sport High-flow Air Filter w/high-flow lower intake box only-f-sport-vs-stock-intake.jpg  
Old 06-17-11, 07:41 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Looks the same aside from a square cut out of the side of the fsport box? Is the F-sport bigger?
Old 06-17-11, 08:30 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Looks the same aside from a square cut out of the side of the fsport box? Is the F-sport bigger?
They are the same.

The F-sport box has a second hole, it has the ridges inside the box removed, and it has an F-sport logo. The first two make it louder, and you can do em yourself for free to the stock box.
Old 10-28-11, 02:35 AM
mlooook
Rookie

i m 2007 lexus gs430 owner, is that lower box fit my car????

the f sport intake kit for GS came without that lower box why?????
Old 10-28-11, 10:27 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by mlooook
i m 2007 lexus gs430 owner, is that lower box fit my car????

the f sport intake kit for GS came without that lower box why?????

Mainly because it does not fit.... The lower box ONLY works in the IS applications...

~ Joe Z
Old 04-07-12, 08:47 PM
M32H32IS
Rookie

Isn't the hole bad, since it allows hot air in?
Old 04-14-12, 05:47 PM
RBnSD
Rookie

Originally Posted by mjh09e
Well everyone, after I just installed my USED F-Sport intake I figured I'd check out Sewellparts and see how much the filter cleaner costs. To my surprise, I also found that you can purchase the F-Sport intake without having to buy the polished pipe.

For those like myself who want the best of both worlds, while saving money at the same time, this is the way to go. You can buy the F-Sport High-flow Air Filter w/high-flow lower intake box only and then go and buy the JOE-Z intake pipe in black (for the stealthy look) or the new special edition blue (what I wish I bought) and spend a total of approximately $265.00

Here is a link to the filter and lower box only: http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2011/1793.html

If you are registered on their site as a ClubLexus member the price is only $128.56

That link doesn't work anymore :/
Its for the entire intake kit. I tried leaving a message but Sewell hasn't gotten back to me, hope they still sell it this way.
Old 04-14-12, 06:14 PM
nitrotang
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RBnSD
That link doesn't work anymore :/
Its for the entire intake kit. I tried leaving a message but Sewell hasn't gotten back to me, hope they still sell it this way.
The link still works for me. Make sure you select the air filter and intake box only option above the price area. It's pretty small, so you might've missed it.
Old 04-15-12, 05:34 AM
Beshears
Driver School Candidate

Default Emmissions Sticker

Originally Posted by mjh09e

Do you have any idea where I can purchase the 50 state emissions sticker for my F sport intake?
Old 04-15-12, 09:15 PM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Beshears
Do you have any idea where I can purchase the 50 state emissions sticker for my F sport intake?
Sewell

Quick Reply: Solution:F-Sport High-flow Air Filter w/high-flow lower intake box only