Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

How long to get ur JoeZ intake?

Old 04-16-11, 06:20 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long to get ur JoeZ intake?

So i ordered mine through l-tunedparts almost three weeks ago now (polished version) and they just told me it would be at least another two weeks for them to show up. What gives? Is there another vendor to order these through?
Old 04-16-11, 06:35 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

There the only vendor and Joe only deals with them directly. So it wouldn't matter if you bought straight from him you'll still be waiting.
Old 04-16-11, 07:34 PM
machefai
Driver

I've been waiting 2 weeks for the blue version. After a week of silence(no response to email) I called and he said was shipping this past weds. Nothing shipped. Called twice yesterday and left a message and still no call back...not only annoyed I still don't have my part, just really disappointed in the customer service and lack of respect. Just at least drop me an email and let me know what to expect...
Old 04-16-11, 08:10 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

I asked if the blue were available and was told they were in the same boat as the polished. So yeah, 2+ weeks for those too.
Old 04-17-11, 01:22 PM
machefai
Driver

That's the first I heard of a wait! When I spoke to them early last week, he said it would be shipped on weds....if there's any sort of delay, that's cool, but just let you customers know! I STILL haven't gotten a response to my emails or vmails....just unacceptable.
Old 04-18-11, 02:38 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

^^ Yeah, not sure what is going on over there again..

They get an update of inventory every couple of weeks or so...

IS350 Intakes (Blue & Polished) are still in production phase at my manufacturer..

Once I get the pipes, I inspect each one and submit them for color anodizing if needed, to be colored Black & Blue.

So last I checked, they were informed last month that it would be 6-8 weeks before more Blue or Polished IS350 Intakes are fully completed.

They may have a few IS350 Black pipes left in inventory right now..

Looks like they might be confused with a batch of Polished and/or Blue IS-F intakes that are coming out of anodizing this week..

Sorry for the inconvenience and lack of communication on their end..

Best Regards,

Joe Z
Old 04-18-11, 05:49 PM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z

IS350 Intakes (Blue & Polished) are still in production phase at my manufacturer..

Once I get the pipes, I inspect each one and submit them for color anodizing if needed, to be colored Black & Blue.

So last I checked, they were informed last month that it would be 6-8 weeks before more Blue or Polished IS350 Intakes are fully completed.

Looks like they might be confused with a batch of Polished and/or Blue IS-F intakes that are coming out of anodizing this week..

Best Regards,

Joe Z
Yikes! So it's going to be another month still?! I wished they would put some info on their website about the shipping. I was told that there were some black intakes available...

Thanks for the update, Joe Z!
Old 04-19-11, 06:42 AM
machefai
Driver

Originally Posted by Joe Z

Best Regards,

Joe Z

Thanks JoeZ...we know it's not a reflection on you, but I gotta say, these l-tuned guys need to take a customer service 101 class! Still no call back from my voice mail last week or email back from 2 weeks ago! Guess I'll just try them after work again today and see if I can catch someone this time....
Old 04-19-11, 08:27 AM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,

I have given the info for any intakes that were not available at the time of order. We just received more today, but again its the blue and polished that we are still out of stock on.

Joe give me a call if you have a chance so we can talk about the updates your reffering to on qty and stock.

As of right now we are still out of the is350 blue, and isf blue, and polished.

All other intakes were received and will be shipping out today. So any orders for black will have a tracking # in your inbox by 3 pm today.

Ans ouf course if you want to make a color change please call me up and we can get a black one shipped out asap.

Luis S
310-522-2383
Old 04-19-11, 08:36 AM
IS35O
Pole Position

You can order just the F-Sport intake arm from Sewell, which is the same as the joez but .125 inch larger internal diamater, and a much better finish.
Old 04-19-11, 09:59 AM
machefai
Driver

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Hey guys,

I have given the info for any intakes that were not available at the time of order. We just received more today, but again its the blue and polished that we are still out of stock on.

Joe give me a call if you have a chance so we can talk about the updates your reffering to on qty and stock.

As of right now we are still out of the is350 blue, and isf blue, and polished.

All other intakes were received and will be shipping out today. So any orders for black will have a tracking # in your inbox by 3 pm today.

Ans ouf course if you want to make a color change please call me up and we can get a black one shipped out asap.

Luis S
310-522-2383

Luis,

I ordered a blue one on 4/4. After not seeing any movement online, I emailed on 4/8, didn't receive a response. When I called last monday, I was told my intake would be shipped that weds(4/13). When I never received an email confirmation, I called back this past friday and left a message. Still no word back from you at all. I was never informed of any sort of delay or back order issue either via email when I placed my order or when I called.

Since JoeZ just informed me here on the forums that the blue's are indeed back ordered, can you give me a sense as to when I can expect to receive it?
Old 04-19-11, 10:47 AM
anthrax144
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS35O
You can order just the F-Sport intake arm from Sewell, which is the same as the joez but .125 inch larger internal diamater, and a much better finish.
I wish that were true. You have to order the intake pipe and the lower box assembly - $318 with CL discount. No need to spend and additional $130 on a part I don't want (lower box...) If I could get just the intake for $190 I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.
Old 04-19-11, 12:01 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by anthrax144
I wish that were true. You have to order the intake pipe and the lower box assembly - $318 with CL discount. No need to spend and additional $130 on a part I don't want (lower box...) If I could get just the intake for $190 I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.
Uh, yeah, they do sell just the pipe.

http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2008/1853.html

$210 before discount if you need the couplers though so the Joe Z is still cheaper, plus goes toward a community member.
Old 04-19-11, 01:00 PM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean this baby?

Haha sorry to rub it in. I had to wait over a month for mine. Guy was really nice.

Story: They had some guy taking all the orders over at L-Tuned and for some reason, he left of got fired (prolly fired) and this was why I had no response as to where my Joe-Z was that I ordered over a month ago. Never got any emails or nothing. Then I get a random email from someone else telling me that he took over the job for the guy that got fired and he's trying to correct everything and get everything organized. But they really should have a disclaimer on there saying its gunna take a little bit longer than normal. Same thing happened to my HKS air filter which I ordered at the same time. Got it like a week before.

IT'S WORTH THE WAIT PEOPLE! Blue is so purdy >.<
Old 04-19-11, 01:36 PM
machefai
Driver

^^^ lol, so not cool!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How long to get ur JoeZ intake?