Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE headers + Invidia midpipe + F-Sport Review

Old 04-14-11, 09:55 PM
furryjet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPE headers + Invidia midpipe + F-Sport Review

Hey guys, what's up! I've been on this forum for quite a bit, but this is my first time posting stuff about my car. Just want to give some review about my exhaust setup.

I initially had F-Sport exhaust with F-Sport intake. They are perfect match since they were designed to work with each other in terms of sound. The exhaust gives a deep sporty tone, not too loud but noticeable. Anything before 3500rpm is exhaust, but after that it's mainly the intake. I didn't feel any gains in hp, but the sound is just worth it.

Here's a clip of F-Sport exhaust + intake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV6nAXylRNE

After a while I got the PPE headers as a birthday gift from my friend. It has polished ceramic coating, without cats. My shop welded the extension that came with the headers, but it didn't solve the CEL problem. We end up making our own extension and it worked like a charm. Big thanks to Paul at PPE still, great customer service, answered all the questions when I had CEL. The headers are great quality products, but they are quite raspy. At first I thought it has leak but turns out its just how the headers sound. According to their dyno it adds 16whp max. and I did feel the pull is better during higher speed. Worth the money imo.

Two clips of PPE + F-Sport exhaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knsf4xyvO9U&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAFkONP-MLQ

My current setup is the addition of Invidia midpipe. This setup is just for fun so please don't hate or anything, I'm taking my midpipe off next Tuesday and it was only on the car for about a month or two. I see many clips of it paired with F-Sport exhaust and they sounded sick. I was curious of how it would sound with PPE and F-Sport. Ordered from one of our vendors, CircuitMS. Great pricing and fast shipping, definitely recommended. The finish of Invidia is great as well. It sits lower than the OEM midpipe, not sure if it's because the headers, but my shop had to bend 2 underbraces to get everything back on. The catless setup is insanely loud, and it smells. I have to cover up my ears if I'm not sitting in the car during cold start. My car makes other cars' alarm sound when it's parked indoor with cold start. This combo is very very raspy at low rpm, but as rpm goes higher the tone goes higher as well. As I said it's a really loud setup, and I get embarrassed sometimes for being too loud. But I still love the aggressive tone it gives, will definitely keep it if it's not this loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWm55fq4HRA
Old 04-14-11, 10:33 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

0-60 took 20 seconds.. JK..

The Nvidia + PPE sounds very similar to my setup. Nvidia+F-sport+AFE intake.
Old 04-14-11, 11:58 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds so sick!
Old 04-15-11, 01:19 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

music to my ears f sport a bit louder , cant wait for group buy on the ppe header sometime this month when your car break in a few hundred miles then should be very nice sound .....
Old 04-15-11, 06:44 AM
Jordo609
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by furryjet

After a while I got the PPE headers as a birthday gift from my friend. It has polished ceramic coating, without cats. My shop welded the extension that came with the headers, but it didn't solve the CEL problem. We end up making our own extension and it worked like a charm. Big thanks to Paul at PPE still, great customer service, answered all the questions when I had CEL. The headers are great quality products, but they are quite raspy. At first I thought it has leak but turns out its just how the headers sound. According to their dyno it adds 16whp max. and I did feel the pull is better during higher speed. Worth the money imo.
Car sounds great. This is the setup that I was looking to do and glad you posted the video with the (ppe, midpipe, f-sport). Can you give a quick run down of what you did in "making a custom extension" to get rid of the CEL?
Old 04-15-11, 09:52 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the 2.5 liter just sounds WAY to ricey with the headers and invidia mid.

I've been itching to pull the trigger on the headers for awhile but I dont want my 350 to sound like that. No offense please, I dont mean to be rude.

I was just expecting deeper tones. Hopefully the full liter advantage will equate to deeper exhaust notes.
Old 04-15-11, 10:10 AM
SB350
Instructor

Originally Posted by blitz_714
...when your car break in a few hundred miles then should be very nice sound .....
Agreed.

I did not like the sound of the Invidia midpipe paired with my Fsport exhaust when I first installed it. I thought it was way to loud, raspy, and obnoxious, and I thought about taking it off. But after about a month of the midpipe on my car, I noticed that it sounded a lot smoother than when it was first installed. It's probably a combination of the midpipe breaking in, me getting used to the sound, and also being able to control the sound better with the throttle.
Old 04-15-11, 10:11 AM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Pretty Loud
Old 04-15-11, 11:49 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I think if he had the Tanabe exhaust then totally diff. sound deeper tone ,,,,, i'll put my video as soon as i'll install the ppe header... i'm sure will sound very deep and nice .... eehhhehe....
Old 04-15-11, 04:09 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

those high flow cats that caymon uses would help out too and get rid of the smell.
Old 04-15-11, 04:15 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

^ hey 06isDriver- When will I be able to buy one of your intakes?
Old 04-15-11, 06:23 PM
furryjet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jordo609
Can you give a quick run down of what you did in "making a custom extension" to get rid of the CEL?
Sure, I will take a picture of it next Tuesday when I have the midpipe off, and ask details of it.
Old 04-16-11, 02:45 PM
Jordo487
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by furryjet
Sure, I will take a picture of it next Tuesday when I have the midpipe off, and ask details of it.
That would be great! Thanks man!
Old 04-16-11, 11:51 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blitz_714
I think if he had the Tanabe exhaust then totally diff. sound deeper tone ,,,,, i'll put my video as soon as i'll install the ppe header... i'm sure will sound very deep and nice .... eehhhehe....
Let me know when you do. I have then tanabe axle back along with the Megan midpipe and I'm dieing to know how the headers sound with a similar setup.
Old 04-17-11, 03:49 AM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Damn that sounds nice!

Currently I have a IS350 w/ F sport exhaust, Invidia Midpipe, and Joe-Z intake...

I've really been thinking about getting the PPE headers... Im so stuck on what to do right now...

WHEN'S THE GROUP BUY?!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PPE headers + Invidia midpipe + F-Sport Review