Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

M2 Axle-back

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-13, 02:30 PM
slownlow07
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys / gals,

Here's my contribution to the m2 exhaust thread. I have the m2 exhaust paired up with a megan midpipe, stock intake. My exhaust does drone between 2 - 3k but over that its very settle like stock. For those of you who want something quiet, I would not recommend the midpipe but exhaust only. Lets just say my parents and my girlfriend do not like it so yours, more than likely, won't like it either.

Price: The prices have gone up on these m2 exhaust so I bought mine for a little over $300 shipped. Can't really beat that for what you get. Unless you can get a good deal on something used.
Fitment: Right side was just right. My left side hung a lot lower. I banged on the hanger to go up some more so it does look more flush but taps against the metal frame under the car, which is very annoying. I fixed this issue more by zip typing the hanger higher and put some rubber pieces so it doesn't clunk. I feel like my left side does stick out more than the right but just something I have to live with.
Performance: Doesn't really feel like there is much gain but it does feel more beastly when you WOT.

Below are videos I made for you guys. Hope you enjoy!

- Cold Start
- Inside Drone Part 1
- Inside Drone Part 2
- Warmed up revs.
Old 11-14-13, 03:13 PM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you have to burn in the packing in the muffler before you get to how it really sounds. after a few weeks of driving it should be there. Gonna be a little louder a little more noticable
Old 11-14-13, 03:39 PM
joshua28
Pit Crew

it might take a month or two for the break in period to get through...then it will sound more deep and refined. my cold start sounds different from yours, but i've been using mines for 3 months.
Old 11-14-13, 05:10 PM
slownlow07
Driver

I've had mine on since September. My mid pipe has been on for over a year.
Old 01-29-14, 01:30 PM
sebas
Driver School Candidate

anybody knows if XE20 and M2 exhaust are the same? similar?? Thanks for your answers
Old 02-26-14, 07:53 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have just installed the M2 on the IS350. The fitment is very good. However, I think overall, it cannot compare with the F Sport exhaust that I have on the IS250.

M2 vs. F Sport
Fitment: 8 vs. 9 . Both have good fitment but M2 left side hang lower.
Sound: 5 vs.10. M2 is way too quiet compared to F Sport. M2 is like stock on steroid while F Sport is like M2 on steroid. F Sport has deeper, richer and more refined sound throughout all RPM while I can hear M2 sound at 2500-3500 RPM. Sound quality wise, F Sport is just far far better.
Look, Shininess & quality of the steel: 6 vs. 10. The M2 looks cheap, looking at the tips, i can see the cut and the steel is not shinny while F Sport looks shinny and polished.

Overall, I think M2 is a great bargain upgrade when you are on budget and certainly it is still better than the stock. However, if you have more $$, go for the F Sport. I see why F Sport can cost a lot more now.
Old 03-01-14, 04:30 PM
aburnett2
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My exhaust setup M2 & Invidia Mid-pipe

Old 03-13-14, 02:56 PM
aspeckt
Lead Lap

is AKS Racing legit?

i just ordered the M2 from them and it said my item shipped and that I should have it today... I dont have it.

i called FedEx and they said the shipper (AKS Racing) created a label, but never shipped my item.

on AKS Racing site under my profile, it says my exhaust was shipped on 7MAR and I should receive it today 13MAR. nothing.

So i called AKS Racing and their number on their site is disconnected? .....explain
Old 03-14-14, 01:40 AM
MrKayVu
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aspeckt
is AKS Racing legit?

i just ordered the M2 from them and it said my item shipped and that I should have it today... I dont have it.

i called FedEx and they said the shipper (AKS Racing) created a label, but never shipped my item.

on AKS Racing site under my profile, it says my exhaust was shipped on 7MAR and I should receive it today 13MAR. nothing.

So i called AKS Racing and their number on their site is disconnected? .....explain
That's interesting... I was considering ordering from them too, but seeing what is happening to you... I'm reconsidering. Please let us know if you received anything from them soon.
Old 03-17-14, 07:07 AM
NYKnick101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aspeckt
is AKS Racing legit?

Originally Posted by MrKayVu
That's interesting... I was considering ordering from them too, but seeing what is happening to you... I'm reconsidering. Please let us know if you received anything from them soon.
OH MAN I WISH YOU POSTED BEFORE YOU PURCHASED FROM THEM. NEVER ORDER FROM AKSRACING!

I tried to order my exhaust from them and I had the same issues. I had SUCH A HARD TIME with them when I tried to order my M2 exhaust because they had the lowest price. They DO NOT have any instock but it says they do. When I finally got in touch with them, they gave me an excuse that it was lost in the mail. When I got in touch with the shipper they said it was never received. The guys there told me that my package was stolen and started giving me the run around.

I said FINE, just send out another one and you deal with your issues since they are out in CA. Gave me another shipping number, then got the same run around from someone else that package was stolen with the exact same run around as the first guy. I paid through paypal so I put in a claim to get my money back and I got a Nasty email from one of the guys cursing at me because paypal freezes their account until they refund my money. I wouldn't be surprised if they give YOU the same run around. They were really unprofessional, and would recommend to NEVER order from there!
Old 04-03-14, 09:02 AM
vincerulz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/XE20-2-5L-3-5...1a920e&vxp=mtr

is this same as M2 exhaust ???
Old 04-05-14, 10:50 PM
DonLex123
Rookie

Originally Posted by vincerulz
I don't think it is...M2 part number is CBS-LI06 and that one's CBE-MU-IS250. This one's an M2 (it's made by Manzo usa....or supposed to be) I ordered yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M2-Performance-Stainless-Axle-Back-Exhaust-System-2006-2011-Lexus-IS250-IS350-/190925984766?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c741353fe&vxp=mtr

Last edited by DonLex123; 04-05-14 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-06-14, 06:28 AM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see the M2 listed for AWD or did I overlook it?
Old 04-07-14, 01:47 AM
DonLex123
Rookie

Nope, unfortunately I don't see it listed for AWD either.
Old 04-07-14, 05:27 AM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joshua28
it might take a month or two for the break in period to get through...then it will sound more deep and refined. my cold start sounds different from yours, but i've been using mines for 3 months.

I see you have the M2 listed in your sig and are AWD. Mind sharing the part #/link you went with, thank you..

Quick Reply: M2 Axle-back