Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

M2 Axle-back

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-11, 06:30 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A_Grasso
I'm actually thinking of taking off my HKS exhaust since it scrapes on my driveway everyday and buying the m2. Do you guys know how it would sound with the invidia mid pipe? I'm hoping the m2 won't scrape on my driveway so I can lower my car finally!
i got a pretty deep incline at the bottom of my driveway and i dont come close to scraping with my m2. i wont be lowered till monday but from what it looks like it will still clear once its lowered. the set up is pretty close to stock . i am only using eibach springs so that a pretty tame drop. i dont know what will happen with a 2 or 3 inch drop. i hope you enjoy it bro
Old 05-12-11, 06:40 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pli
You gotta understand that m2 is not a replica. its just another brand that most people are not known to and it happens to be sold on ebay. If tanabe was not known and was sold on ebay vs. m2 being the popular brand, couldnt we also say that tanabe may have knocked off m2 and tanabe is an ebay brand? also, its not like m2 is calling this a tanabe style or T-style exhaust. so again, i dont see replica in this.

as for patents, even if this was a replica, tanabe cant do anything about it because its just not (keyword) identical or an exact copy. just like the jdm wheels vs. rota. rota doesnt make exact copies of the jdm brands. its similar. and thats exactly why even if the jdm wheels have a patent, they cant sue them. correct me if im wrong on this.

and yeah, this exhaust may be cheaper than most competitors. it makes sense for a lexus company to mark up their fsport exhaust because they are stealerships and they like to put a huge price tag on their products. and sure, tanabe can sell their exhaust for ~700, because its jdm, craftsmanship may have taken more effort and it requires shipping over here. m2 seems reasonable for it being a 300 dollar msrp axleback exhaust. it just so happens that this specific seller is selling it at a really good price, way below msrp. idk for sure but craftsmanship may not have been done as well as tanabe but quality sure as heck looks good on the m2. they may have just acquired resources at a lower price or even lower their price vs. their competitors so they can get more buyers to buy their exhaust over others. these are all possibilities. but again, like you said, some people care about the image of the product. to each their own. im all for quality and price.

lastly, a lot of people may say, oh, you get what you pay for. but hey! this m2 exhaust seems solid. we get more than we pay for. aside from that, its about about companies making that extra buck. if youve ever worked with distributors, they require you to have a price floor. you can't sell below this price. so they keep their image along with the final seller making a better profit. but when there is so many final seller-competitors out there, you might just have to sell at the price floor price just to get people to buy your product over the other guys same product. its how the economy works. you gotta play dirty to win over the consumers sometimes.
man helluva post me and you should call m2 and ask them for royalties cause i am sure we have influenced a few people to stop being so about image and jdm.... in these days and times you gotta get the best bang for your buck. and who gives a damn if it doesnt have a fsport badge on it. thats a bit over board if you are worried about badges and stuff like that.

hey pli i say lets be president and vice president of the super saving club for lexus. we can get paid to do reviews on products and do comparisons and make money lol.... but it can be done

Originally Posted by sensaznis
Do you still like the M2 after having it in for a couple of months now? Any check engine light or anything pop on? I know people are saying it sounds nice but did it actually give you some HP as well? I'm thinking of getting one myself. Thanks.
no lights bro its a axle back not a catback or full exhaust. but i have no regrets on buying this
m2 hell my friend that has a is350 with a tanabe is selling his cause he likes my m2 better. gonna sell it for 450 and get the m2 for 200. cant beat that.

Originally Posted by peterhx123
I got mine yesterday and let me tell you something.. It is amazing, the fit was perfect on my IS350, and sounds deep and aggressive but its not too loud for a daily driver. I installed as well K&N Intake, I would totally recommend this set up. Ill try posting a video on the weekend.
told you ... that you would love it bro. glad you took the plunge.
i did the airbox mod the other day and i love the way it sounds now. and once you drive at regular speeds you can barely tell its there. just the way a exhaust on a lexus should be. post up that vid bro. i am gonna make a new vid this weekend . i got a better camera and the sound is 10x better then the last video i made
Originally Posted by pli
its an axleback. theres no o2 sensors for it.. nor do axlebacks generally give you significant, even if any, HP.
spot on lol
Old 05-12-11, 06:56 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stasis3131
i got a pretty deep incline at the bottom of my driveway and i dont come close to scraping with my m2. i wont be lowered till monday but from what it looks like it will still clear once its lowered. the set up is pretty close to stock . i am only using eibach springs so that a pretty tame drop. i dont know what will happen with a 2 or 3 inch drop. i hope you enjoy it bro
Nice thanks! Maybe I'll post a pic so you understand what I deal with everyday lol
Old 05-12-11, 07:07 PM
hoser813
Driver

Just bought one... hopefully Im as satisfied as everyone else, but even if Im not I'm only out $200 lol
Old 05-12-11, 07:23 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hoser813
Just bought one... hopefully Im as satisfied as everyone else, but even if Im not I'm only out $200 lol
got another one taking the m2 plunge
post up once you get it bro... i want to keep this thread going with happy customers to prove there are low cost alternatives out there to exhaust that are just as nice as the top brands. no use going super baller on a daily driver exhaust and the m2 is great to me when you compare investment to the enjoyment factor
Old 05-12-11, 07:26 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

this is what I have to go through everyday... on STOCK height
Attached Thumbnails M2 Axle-back-1305252004524.jpg  
Old 05-12-11, 07:28 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

Nice thanks! Maybe I'll post a pic so you understand what I deal with everyday lol
yeah post that up and judging from the pic you got on your page of the back of your car. you should gain about a 1inch to 1.5 inches of exhaust clearance from the ground with the m2. the cans are more flush and tucked up a bit compared to the hks. i am sure you will atleast get that inch just eyeing your pics. but that inch is like a foot when its needed to get up a drive way lol
Old 05-12-11, 07:29 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

yeah lol. Im getting coils in a few months and was wondering how much id be able to drop my car without ripping an exhaust, if any, off
Old 05-12-11, 07:36 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

oh my damn lol... thats pretty damn steep bro. i really wasnt expecting that. i am kinda at a loss for words. the m2 my help a bit but thats a gangster incline. you might want to invest in on of these. i had to get one to get my f430 in and out of the driveway at my old house before i moved to houston.
Attached Thumbnails M2 Axle-back-driveway-ramp.jpg  
Old 05-12-11, 07:44 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

^what exactly is that, where'd you get it, and how much?
Old 05-12-11, 08:10 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

^what exactly is that, where'd you get it, and how much?
its a incline or channel gap killer... its stops the car from going into the lowest point of the driveway kinda raises it up about 2-4 inches depending on your driveway and if you use the raisers that come with it. i showed pic of it to my home owners assc. and they were ok with me putting it in. you can anchor it with a concrete nail gun run home depot. they shot nails with a .22 caliber round. i anchored it so it wouldnt grow feet and run away lol. i believe it was 245 shipped to my door. i gotta find out which company i got it from. it was listed on a corvette forum. i will get you the info. but this helped me by leaps and bounds. my car was looking like yours coming into the driveway
Old 05-12-11, 08:14 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

^ yeah it would really help! thanks for your help!
Old 05-12-11, 11:21 PM
MiiK350
Lexus Test Driver

Dude. WTF?!?!
Old 05-12-11, 11:41 PM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MiiK350
Dude. WTF?!?!
Haha the secrets out bro. This is why I never lowered my car
Old 05-13-11, 05:20 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Thinking about picking one of these up. I'm not really "in love" with any of the exhausts I have heard for the IS250. So I'm not sure I want to shell out the money for a high dollar one. Thinking of getting one and painting it black or something. Does anyone know if the S2K tips will fit well on this M2 exhaust?

I'm new to the IS250, does this fit on the 2011 as well?

The build quality looks decent. Not a work of art like others explain J's Exhaust, T1R, etc. I've never had a knock off part before. I must admit I use to not even look at a car twice if it had Megan, OBX, etc. Kind of snotty I know.

Yet after spending $1,200 on the Password JDM full Kevlar Intake, $2,100 on a T1R Ti exhaust, $1,600 on a J's racing exhaust.....they still are not the perfect work of art that others post about after they shell out 2k. Maybe I am just ****. Some of the welds are amazing, weight savings are great, sounds are nice. Yet it always seems that the chase is more exciting that the capture. Once you have it on your car, your like hmm, was it work the 2k.

Of course it's fun when you have the kids come up and say "omg is that the new Ti exhaust....that must have cost you like $6,000 dude, damn are you a CEO." ha but other than that who cares!

Quick Reply: M2 Axle-back