Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My 2jzgte swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-11, 12:18 AM
arpham
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on the build? I'd love to see some more pics
Old 08-28-11, 06:27 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi SMB, What size is the Air Flow Meter housing (pipe). It looks like you have the factory piece, I had to get one fabricated and I've read that if it's off a little is can throw off the a/f mixture. I just want to be sure I'm running the correct size pipe.
Old 09-11-11, 04:13 AM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arpham
Any update on the build? I'd love to see some more pics
Thanks bro, i'll try to snap some soon. were actually trying to plan out a really cool photo shoot but i may post up some teasers in the mean time.

As far as updates yes! lol
I actually just received my Daizen bushings from TM Engineering. Im not looking forward to it but i will be installing then soon. Along with that I have new OEM toyota outer tie rods and lower ball joints.
I also did a mini kind of retro fit on my headlights, well kinda lol. As my car is originally non-hid, I switched out the bolws for the hid bowls. This supposedly allows the hid to reflect better but i dont really see a significant difference lol. but they do look a tad different so i was up for it. I also blacked out the inner surrounds.
Im also on the hunt for some new wheels!!!!!!!
Got a few more things up in the air but i wont say until theyre definite, stay tuned! thanks!!!
Old 09-11-11, 04:14 AM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

Originally Posted by adamgamz
Hi SMB, What size is the Air Flow Meter housing (pipe). It looks like you have the factory piece, I had to get one fabricated and I've read that if it's off a little is can throw off the a/f mixture. I just want to be sure I'm running the correct size pipe.
not 100% off the top of my head but i wana say its 3"
correct me if im wrong fellas...
Old 12-03-11, 04:38 PM
diesmart
Driver School Candidate

Just wanted to say thanks for all the info on your swap, i am currently trying to help my buddy do this on his car, we got the motor in and are starting the reconstruction and intercooler here shortly. i have been doing a lot of reading on the wiring of this swap but have only been able to find bits and pieces of what may or may not be neccisary. The ECU we got with the swap seems to be plug and play so i would imagine that the wiring for the ECU should be more or less the same i was wondering if you had any pictures or any detailed info as to what you had to do, I am an electronics Tech in the Navy so wirinf is my thing but i am a little gun shy when it comes to the ECU and the more info teh better thanks
Old 12-04-11, 01:43 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by diesmart
Just wanted to say thanks for all the info on your swap, i am currently trying to help my buddy do this on his car, we got the motor in and are starting the reconstruction and intercooler here shortly. i have been doing a lot of reading on the wiring of this swap but have only been able to find bits and pieces of what may or may not be neccisary. The ECU we got with the swap seems to be plug and play so i would imagine that the wiring for the ECU should be more or less the same i was wondering if you had any pictures or any detailed info as to what you had to do, I am an electronics Tech in the Navy so wirinf is my thing but i am a little gun shy when it comes to the ECU and the more info teh better thanks
Any chance your talking about John's car? I checked it out last thursday at the shop if it's the same car, wiring for that swap is super easy no worries there.
Old 12-04-11, 11:16 AM
diesmart
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Any chance your talking about John's car? I checked it out last thursday at the shop if it's the same car, wiring for that swap is super easy no worries there.
Nope, we are in VA only thing we have left to tackle is the wiring..
Old 10-11-12, 07:10 AM
nasc300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SBM2jLEX

Originally Posted by SBM2jLEX

7. If your using the gs radiator you must find a longer upper radiator hose. the lower one is fine and will line up.

Where can I get the longer upper radiator hose? I'm overseas and wont be able to get it here. Do you have a part number? Seeing how common the swap is, someone must know. thx
Old 12-11-12, 06:05 PM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

i honestly dont know what car that radiator hose was intended for. i went to the autoparts store and asked to look at there radiator hose selection and i picked one out that was the shape and basic size i needed( long straight with a 90). i had to do some slight trimming but it came out great.
Old 12-11-12, 06:09 PM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

And as far as the wiring itself, the ecu does plug right up, but the wiring will need to be repinned. Unfortunately I dont have the exact info on the pins to relocate
Old 12-16-12, 08:01 PM
glock2JZ
Driver School Candidate

Great build. I would like to see if there are any updates.
Old 12-26-12, 02:36 PM
vbieds
Driver

SBM, thanks for all the tips you have shared. Im up for the swap in spring, hopefully. I dont think the swap i have priiced comes with the driveshaft.Complete Engine and Trans, MAF,

Ignitor, Non Imobilizer ECU. any ideas where you got yours?
Old 12-26-12, 03:12 PM
suspect23
Driver School Candidate

Sick and definitely love your build.
Old 12-26-12, 03:28 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It does indeed look good sitting in there. What did you do with the other engine? I might have missed somewhere while reading it.