Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-11, 12:06 PM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We also opened a shop in converse, tx. msg me if you need any work done!!!!
Old 08-26-11, 08:23 PM
242aristo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you use the gs300 harness and ecu or the aristo harness and ecu?
Old 08-29-11, 07:37 AM
lexusdog
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 242aristo
Did you use the gs300 harness and ecu or the aristo harness and ecu?
He used the aristo ecu and wiring. Check the pictures on the first page.
Old 09-11-11, 03:50 AM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

^^^ thank you sir
Old 09-11-11, 03:52 AM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

replied to all my pm's. thanks for all the props and input guys! i will be adding some fresh wheels in the near future. i jus recently received my daizen bushing set for the front end so that will be going on soon. btw the daizen srb arb awesome!
Old 09-21-11, 08:22 PM
tn96dc
Pole Position

updates
Old 10-18-11, 01:54 PM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

Been out to some local meets with the lex and meet some cool peeps. thanks for the compliments! havn't done too much to the lex recently, however it is converted to true twins now. couldnt be happier, i must say i do like it better than the sequential set up. pulls better. my new oem balljoints and tie rods just came in so i'll probably be putting those on along with my daizen control arm kit soon. i'll let you guys know if that will finally get rid of my slight 65+mph vibration.
Old 10-18-11, 01:55 PM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

The lex along with my new project will be at CCM in san antonio, tx on 11/12/11. Come check it out. Hoping to have some things re-done by then
Old 02-08-12, 11:38 PM
2jslick
Driver School Candidate

whats up everybody im new to this forum but i have visited these threads hundreds of times. actually some of u guys here helped me out for than u know although i spent countless hours searching in th end i did find all the answers i was looking for and succesfully installed my 2jzgte vvti in my 01 gs3.... however i have a prob with the tranny. ect power light is blinking once every two seconds vcs lights are on and the tranny shifts kinda funny first is very long second is normal but third gear kicks in and it right away goes into fourth gear. i've checked all the fluid levels and they are fine... can anyone help me? or point in the right direction? i appreciate it. thanks in advance
Old 02-09-12, 06:55 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 2jslick
whats up everybody im new to this forum but i have visited these threads hundreds of times. actually some of u guys here helped me out for than u know although i spent countless hours searching in th end i did find all the answers i was looking for and succesfully installed my 2jzgte vvti in my 01 gs3.... however i have a prob with the tranny. ect power light is blinking once every two seconds vcs lights are on and the tranny shifts kinda funny first is very long second is normal but third gear kicks in and it right away goes into fourth gear. i've checked all the fluid levels and they are fine... can anyone help me? or point in the right direction? i appreciate it. thanks in advance
As far as the blinking lights, you can try the EC+T1 reset in the Diag box by the ecu, do a search for resetting VSC lights.

Otherwise did you just add fluid to the trans or have you done a fluid flush?
Old 02-09-12, 05:42 PM
2jslick
Driver School Candidate

Thank u 99 gs3 for ur feed back so the car has not moved since I did the swap. My friend is a jdm importer so the motor came from his shop and he actually drove the aristo in japan before he broke it down to ship to the u.s. he said car Was running good out there. I still changed out the obvious spark plugs fluids and all that except for tranny fluid I just added to it since the oil looked Clean and new it was low but that didn't fix the problems also forgot to mention one of the o2 sensors is missing on my down pipe could that be the reason for the sluggish operation? I've dealt with american cars a lot and the o2 sensor that is not connected does not affect the cars operation but I don't know about toyota.... once again thanks any feed back appreciated
Old 02-11-12, 12:19 AM
2jslick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
As far as the blinking lights, you can try the EC+T1 reset in the Diag box by the ecu, do a search for resetting VSC lights.

Otherwise did you just add fluid to the trans or have you done a fluid flush?
So I jumped ec+t1 and I was actually able to pull an engine code thanks to another thread I searched for on the forum anyway the code it gave me is code 42 do u or anybody on here know what code 42 on aristo is?
Old 02-11-12, 08:35 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Old 02-11-12, 08:37 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

You ask about missing a o2 sensor. The GTE only has two, one is pre-cat and one post-cat. You need the pre-cat one, but you can do without the post-cat sensor with no problems..
Old 02-11-12, 05:46 PM
2jslick
Driver School Candidate

hey 99 gs3 thanks a lot man.... i been posting on other threads trying to find answers but so far ur the first to help me out so i appreciate that... ok one more question. so code 42 is the speed sensor now how do i fix it? i've read that theres a wire behind my dash cluster i have to splice or sauder but im not sure. can u point me in the right direction as to how to fix the vss? its the only thing wrong with my car...

Quick Reply: JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300