Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-16, 07:23 PM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got yours running again too! What a PITA that throttle system is!
Old 05-25-16, 09:21 PM
Ali2GS300
Rookie

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
The wire at speedo is an SC thing..

Whats the details on your install? You have an 01, was an it an early or late year 01?

-Did your 01 have the Aristo/98-00 GS/Early 01 GS ecu harness or the Newest Style Late 01+ ecu harness?
-Are you using the GS or Aristo Engine ECU?
-Did you get the Aristo MAF with the swap?
-Are you using the GS or Aristo ABS/VSC/TRAC ECU??

Assuming you are using all ARISTO everything, you should check the VSS sensors for resistance.
If the sensors seem ok, and if you in fact had a New Style Late 01+ harness and had to cut/solder/repin/modify the harness wiring then I would check everything that was done there next.

This info is in another thread I posted it in, but I'll just post it here again. There are two VSS sensors on the Aristo trans, no 1 should be the front one, but you might as well pull them both and test them to see if the readings on both are in a similar range.

i was having a similer problem
i posted it on my build thread
The cruise control didn't work. the transmission didn't shift, it was just in first gear and the ECT flashing and the engine light turned on.
i saw this post and went ahead and cleaned the connectors. after i cleaned them the cruise control worked and the transmission started shifteing with no ECT nor check engine light on.shifted 1st , 2nd, and 3rd gear but it did not shift to overdrive.
so is there anything that i should check?
should i replace the speed sensors?
will i find the same sensors on the a650e that was on the car?
will i find them on other cars that have the a340e ? ls400 , sc400

i appreciate any help
Old 08-19-16, 09:01 AM
OOO_ROB
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any1 have problem with heater core lines in the way of the twins.
Old 08-19-16, 10:11 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by OOO_ROB
Everyone does because it hits. you have to carefully bend the inner pipe up and over some to clear it the elbow.
Old 11-23-16, 01:37 AM
BoostedVic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CivicSteve
Have you repined your shifter plug that was my issue at first?
so the orange and black plug are for the trans as far as shifting or shift lock. and since i did a th400 swap, i wont need these plugs anymore correct ?
Old 04-19-17, 08:09 AM
Honda525
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mr.Gs_GTE
I would recommend verifying the pins you had swapped for the shift lock. There could be a chance it wasn't done correctly.
If you replaced the spark plugs, check the numbering for the ignition coils as well and make sure you have the correct connectors plugged into each coils as it can be easy to mix up the ignition coils which can mess with the firing order. Just a thought.
Also try to do a code count and see what code is in the system.
Are you using the gte maf?
Make sure that intake hose for the maf sensor is fitted on the intake properly because if the ecu is not reading the proper air intake volume through the maf sensor the car may not run.
I also noticed the intercooler piping off the throttle body. I would also recommend connecting the intake. It may be readying the air intake at the maf sensor but the air going through the throttle body is not the same as what it is reading at the sensor and this could cause your idle issues.

QUOTE=Toughtruck;9147014]Hey Guys,

After finishing my swap, connecting everything up, new spark plugs, oil/oil filter, transmission fluid, using the aristo fuel pump, car cranked, and ran like a champion. So, I followed a member who recommended swapping the pins on the grey plug on the aristo harness to make the shift lock/release, and the tach to work, which worked, but weird enough it would not fire up, and run any longer . I verified the crank, cam sensors are functioning. Verified there is 12volts to the injectors. Pulled the new plugs, and they were dark black on all 6. I couldn't imagine the timing getting off somehow, but what ideas do you guys have? I'm all out at this point, here's a video of what it is doing now. Any ideas, advice would be appreciated, thanks!

GS300 Aristo Swap Startup issue - YouTube
[/QUOTE]

I finally found someone with my same exact problem! Please tell me you figured this out! I have a 2000 gs300 platinum edition with a 2jzgte vvti swap that I have been slowly building for the last 7 8 months and trying to fix this before I drop it off at the shop in 2 weeks. Would be nice to save a lil cash haha
Old 07-07-17, 11:24 AM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

Originally Posted by OOO_ROB
I had this problem on mine as well. I ended up getting the manifold notched to clear the heater core lines.
Old 07-07-17, 11:45 AM
SBM2jLEX
Driver

Guess I need to find a new image hosting site. Any suggestions?
Old 07-18-17, 03:05 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SBM2jLEX
Lol right? photobucket ruined it man. Why not just add images through the forum directly? Hit the little picture icon and add them from your computer as you go, much easier.
Old 08-21-17, 03:30 PM
joshua777
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in San Diego too and have a 1999 gs300. Been looking at 2JZGTE's to swap. Do you pass smog easily? CA sucks, but it's still going to be my daily, so I want to pass smog.
Old 08-28-17, 07:49 PM
661SicKGs3
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you guys have any questions about the swap, hit me up on iG "da_Silver_Mamba". I have plenty of pics posted of mine
Old 03-05-21, 12:43 PM
Monicaaaa
Driver School Candidate

it came from canada. i pm'd you
Where did you get the kit from? Im looking to do the same thing to my 2000 Gs but Im not sure where to buy the motor and trans. I've checked import services but they either want 10k+ or are sold out.
Old 03-05-21, 12:50 PM
Monicaaaa
Driver School Candidate

Where di you get the motor and trans from?
Old 03-05-21, 05:00 PM
KyleH
Advanced

Received 134 Likes on 104 Posts

The days of GTEs delivered and sold to folks like you and I for less than $5k left at the point Covid arrived about this time last year.
Old 03-09-21, 05:58 PM
661SicKGs3
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I paid $2k for my swap. I'm about 5k into the build so far but I've already had most of the parts stored away.

Quick Reply: JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300