Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-12, 08:06 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Pliccaid
At the back of that black jumper? Yes I did. And my shifter works fine. but I don't have a light up for park and reverse, N is good as well as D, 2 & L.
Was the above description a fix for the rev? Or the shifter and the dash lights?
Check your email.

and you should really start your own build thread, as you've kinda taken over the op's thread..
Old 04-14-12, 11:35 AM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question....what did your Aristo fuel assembly comprise off? Did you add the walbro as a second pump? Whats the difference between the aristo pump and the Supra TT?
Old 04-14-12, 06:03 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2GSC300
Question....what did your Aristo fuel assembly comprise off? Did you add the walbro as a second pump? Whats the difference between the aristo pump and the Supra TT?
1- I don't have an aristo fuel pump assembly so I wouldn't know. But if you had one that is complete with no missing parts I wanna be sure it wouldn't be anything far different from the gs pump assembly.
2- No, I got rid of the oem pump, and added the walbro as it is a performance pump and would supply the enough fuel for the Gt engine. Besides it is capable of suppyling a enough fuel for a good amount of power. The oem pump wasn't quite design for a turbo setup.
3- I've never worked with a supra fuel pump but you do the math, the aristo is a Gte tt vvti, and the supra is a gte tt non vvti and vvit if I'm not mistaken. But again, if there is any difference it shouldn't be far from one another.
Old 04-14-12, 09:36 PM
lexusdog
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Supra TT pump is more reliable. The Walbro pumps tend to be noisy. I always do a supra TT pump in swaps because it is definitely worth it. That is the last part you want to fail in a turbo car
Old 04-15-12, 09:15 AM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Keep in mind the very large diameter of the supra pump, the size is why alot of people do not use them in thier installations.

Adaptings hangers to hold the supra pump is no big deal, but for those reading need to realize that it not a drop in direct swap into the GS, but the DW's and Walbro's are a direct fit.

Also when needing multiple pumps, two supra pumps don't fit through the hole in the gas tank on the GS side by side, so you need to get creative with that.

But yes it's a very reliable quiet pump.
Old 04-15-12, 09:41 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Okay back to the topic!
I got a 21,31 and a 89 code. 21 is the O2 sender, my engine uses one right down by the down pipe and it was cut when I got the motor. I thought I ordered the right sensor from Toyota but I didn't. The sensor I got does not plug in. I hope it's not true but I heard the aristo O2 sensor is not in the US market database and cannot be order. If thats the case how did some of you guys get your sensor cuz I don't wanna believe everybody engine came with a good sensor. Does anybody have one that I could buy?

31 is my Maf air flow sensor which I'm waiting for from the company I got the engine from. Will be here tomorrow. But 89 is also showing up as a supra P1125/P1126/P1127/P1128 code( read a pause ECT- Snow). The vehicle is in limp mode and won't rev above 3k. I've checked all my wiring and the problem isn't there. Are any of these codes triggered my one another if you guys known? As for the rev the only thing I can think of is the maf sensor because the car is running on the gs maf right now that was bad also. I really hope the right maf fixes it. Any thoughts??
Old 04-15-12, 10:59 AM
lexusdog
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Keep in mind the very large diameter of the supra pump, the size is why alot of people do not use them in thier installations.

Adaptings hangers to hold the supra pump is no big deal, but for those reading need to realize that it not a drop in direct swap into the GS, but the DW's and Walbro's are a direct fit.

Also when needing multiple pumps, two supra pumps don't fit through the hole in the gas tank on the GS side by side, so you need to get creative with that.

But yes it's a very reliable quiet pump.
You are correct, it is not a direct replacement pump. But modifying the bracket is fairly easy and you will not have that noisy walbro buzzing in your ear at idle.
Old 04-15-12, 11:19 AM
lexusdog
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Pliccaid
Okay back to the topic!
I got a 21,31 and a 89 code. 21 is the O2 sender, my engine uses one right down by the down pipe and it was cut when I got the motor. I thought I ordered the right sensor from Toyota but I didn't. The sensor I got does not plug in. I hope it's not true but I heard the aristo O2 sensor is not in the US market database and cannot be order. If thats the case how did some of you guys get your sensor cuz I don't wanna believe everybody engine came with a good sensor. Does anybody have one that I could buy?

31 is my Maf air flow sensor which I'm waiting for from the company I got the engine from. Will be here tomorrow. But 89 is also showing up as a supra P1125/P1126/P1127/P1128 code( read a pause ECT- Snow). The vehicle is in limp mode and won't rev above 3k. I've checked all my wiring and the problem isn't there. Are any of these codes triggered my one another if you guys known? As for the rev the only thing I can think of is the maf sensor because the car is running on the gs maf right now that was bad also. I really hope the right maf fixes it. Any thoughts??
I changed the harness side of the plug for my o2 sensor. I think one is a three wire and one is a four wire plug iirc. I called tweak performance and they sent me the harness side plug that I needed with a pigtail and all I had to do is cut the old one off and solder on the new one. Give them a call or send them a PM with a picture of both plugs and they should be able to help you out. His screen name on the forums is dr tweaked.

Last edited by lexusdog; 04-15-12 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-15-12, 11:45 AM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexusdog
I changed the harness side of the plug for my o2 sensor. I think one is a three wire and one is a four wire plug iirc. I called tweak performance and they sent me the harness side plug that I needed with a pigtail and all I had to do is cut the old one off and solder on the new one. Give them a call or send them a PM with a picture of both plugs and they should be able to help you out. His screen name on the forums is dr tweaked.
Alright, thanks bro!
Old 04-15-12, 01:10 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Thx for the reply guys. The reason I asked the question about the Aristo pump system (JZS161) is that I heard you have to add a return and do some modifing around the pump, which may or may not be the cause of inaccurate fuel gauge readings.
Old 05-15-12, 10:51 PM
GS300LUV
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Updates?

So where are you at with this? Did you get it fixed?
Old 06-01-12, 09:33 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS300LUV
So where are you at with this? Did you get it fixed?
My bad bro, just noticed this. Yeah I figured it out. It was the throttle body. The car runs great right now.
Old 06-02-12, 01:24 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

^^^ Hadn't heard from you in a few weeks, I was wondering how you been with this.

Glad to see you got it working right!
Old 06-02-12, 02:56 PM
Mr.Gs_GTE
Pole Position

Yeah man, all is good right now. Got that ish figured out. I wanna believe te throttle motor was shorted somehow. I replaced the throttle body and it fixed. my e shift don't work. I got the up shift and down shift wires hooked up but when I go to manual mode of does not work. I'm not worried about that right now cuz other than that the car runs great. I'm currently working on a single conversion on my S147 gs. Within the next few weeks I'll be starting up a build thread on the 2jzgte vvti in an 03 gs. And oh yea, I got the aristo trac ecu I got from u hooked up but my abs light is still on. The light was on before I did the swap so there's probably something else wrong somewhere else. But again, one of the o2 sensors was bad and the cel and abs as well as trac off was on before the swap. I thought it was on because of the cel on the gs engine. But it's not a big deal right now. You with me?
Old 06-02-12, 04:48 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

If the abs light was on before the swap you got other issues than the abs ecu.. Likely a abs sensor at the wheels, need to check into that and make sure all the sensors are within spec and none of the wires are broke.

I'm not real sure on the e-shift buttons, as the GTE swap I've done didn't have eshift in the cars to start with, and mine is a manual trans, so I have not had a chance to work on that aspect yet, I hope to get a closer look at one in the future..

Again, glad to see you got it driving well!

Quick Reply: JDM 2jzgte vvti swap GS300