Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: SRT intake owners: would you buy again?
Yes
56.25%
Probably yes
14.58%
Probably no
10.42%
No
18.75%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

SRT intake owners: would you buy again?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-03, 02:44 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has any SRT intake owners here upgrade their old ECU to the Race ECU? Was there improvement? What is the upgrade cost now anyway? Worth it?

Thanks.
Old 01-29-03, 08:52 PM
lexlyf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: If you personally ask me for my opinion...

Originally posted by s4play
I would say definitely NO!

The intake/chip combo I purchased for my car caused me all sorts of headaches with the car stalling and idling problems. Before you guys tell me I installed in wrong, no way! I'm an electrical engineer by trade and soldering wires is too easy. The ECU was a simple splice and solder job.

The problems didn't creep up till months after I put the unit in and SRT was totally unresponsive in offering help.

I asked to get my money back but they cited their policies.

Lexus voided my warranty of course and I had to take legal action against McGrath Lexus of Chicago. It got pretty ugly and eventually they won their suit for me to pay for all damages saying they did the repairs even though the car was not running correct. This was all about 2 years ago and eventually I had to pay for the stock intake parts to get the car back to stock condition. Way too much headaches for a stupid intake and chip!

rk
You are a really funny person. Why didn't you post the "entire" story regarding your claim?

I remember being quite responsive to your situation by replying to you within the same hour. You had a telephone conversation with Mo himself and I distinctly remember a request for you to forward information to SRT regarding the Dealer's findings with your vehicle. What ever happened with that?

That was about 4-6 months ago from today and no word, facts, e-mail or phone call from you has occured since then.
Old 01-29-03, 10:48 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

This old thread keeps getting bumped up by people voting on it (should be dead with new threads started for additional topics).

S4Play, please contact Lexlyf personally via PM with any response or follow-up.

Qbranch - there are a couple of good threads on the race ECU that can be located via search.

Personally I've had no problems with my SRT intake or their service.