Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE V8 Headers GS, LS, SC

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-11, 11:46 PM
airbender
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is extremely dissapointing for me to hear especially since i was so excited to put these on and was confident in a quality product but now i regret not taking my time with these and looking them over before install this sucks not knowing.
Old 01-30-11, 12:04 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Coco-bun

seems rare these days to find a seller like this.
definitely keep us updated. i've been wanting to replace those POS OEM headers.
Installed them this weekend! haha. The replacement ones i got seemed fine. I couldn't find any leaks on them. Fitment was decent too.
Old 01-30-11, 12:05 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by airbender
This is extremely dissapointing for me to hear especially since i was so excited to put these on and was confident in a quality product but now i regret not taking my time with these and looking them over before install this sucks not knowing.
You should be fine unless you're car is making exhaust leak noises?
Old 01-30-11, 12:17 AM
whitegs430
Driver

Ya if you had a hole and was running the car you would hear it.
Old 01-30-11, 01:09 AM
airbender
Rookie

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Installed them this weekend! haha. The replacement ones i got seemed fine. I couldn't find any leaks on them. Fitment was decent too.
what u think about the performance
Old 01-30-11, 08:06 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by airbender
what u think about the performance
You know, i've only been on it a few times and it seems a little faster. Not really as big of gains as i was hoping though. But after you're posts didn't it take a few days for you're car to adjust to the headers, then you really started to feel the gains?
Old 01-30-11, 08:24 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I've logged in over 150 miles on the headers so far. Feels the same as the first day. I do appreciate the midrange power more, especially at highway cruising speed. My car doesn't need to downshift into 4th gear just to pass someone else.

Doesn't really feel like 20whp/20ftlb (butt dyno of course) because that figure came from the LS430. The 3UZ-FE is bigger, and has more restrictive headers. Headers will do more for those cars than our 4.0L. It only feels a bit faster up top than when I had just the K&N intake (running stock right now). For the price we paid, it's not that bad considering K&N and SRT intakes cost around $300 and only makes power up top. Now if I paid someone $500+ for install in addition to the cost of the headers, then I would probably be disappointed..

TL you should get your car tuned soon. Curious to see how many more horses you can pull out of your car.
Old 01-30-11, 08:32 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
I've logged in over 150 miles on the headers so far. Feels the same as the first day. I do appreciate the midrange power more, especially at highway cruising speed. My car doesn't need to downshift into 4th gear just to pass someone else.

Doesn't really feel like 20whp/20ftlb (butt dyno of course) because that figure came from the LS430. The 3UZ-FE is bigger, and has more restrictive headers. Headers will do more for those cars than our 4.0L. It only feels a bit faster up top than when I had just the K&N intake (running stock right now). For the price we paid, it's not that bad considering K&N and SRT intakes cost around $300 and only makes power up top. Now if I paid someone $500+ for install in addition to the cost of the headers, then I would probably be disappointed..

TL you should get your car tuned soon. Curious to see how many more horses you can pull out of your car.
My car also feels alot different with the new tranny and motor mounts. The old motor mounts were cracked ALL the way around on both of them! A few times when i really got on it the car pulled like crazy. It does sound different as well, but nothing HUGE just a little louder/ deeper.

I'm curious as well! I'm running off a tune from somebody elses car with the same mods so there could be room for even more improvement as well now with the headers installed. I just need to find a local dyno shop in the SoCal area. I really am curious to see how much power i'm making, now that pretty much everything power wise has been done to my car. Intake, Headers, Resonator delete, Magnaflow Mufflers, Apexi Neo tune.
Old 01-31-11, 02:31 AM
Nyteryder
Driver

I got mine in the mail about a week ago. Unfortunatly i was hoping to have these around the end of Dec while i was in the country for a couple of weeks. I currently work in Afghan as a contractor i wont be back in the states for a while and i have decided to do some differnt things with the car. If anyone didnt get a chance to get in on the group buy and want my brand new ppe headers for the gs400 i will be putting it up for sale for a really good deal today in the for sale section. Send me a PM if interested.
Old 01-31-11, 08:20 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nyteryder
I got mine in the mail about a week ago. Unfortunatly i was hoping to have these around the end of Dec while i was in the country for a couple of weeks. I currently work in Afghan as a contractor i wont be back in the states for a while and i have decided to do some differnt things with the car. If anyone didnt get a chance to get in on the group buy and want my brand new ppe headers for the gs400 i will be putting it up for sale for a really good deal today in the for sale section. Send me a PM if interested.
Sorry to hear that!
Old 02-01-11, 12:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

i still need to look over mind to see if i have any "cracks" in them....im so lazy lol
Old 02-01-11, 09:01 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sakataj
i still need to look over mind to see if i have any "cracks" in them....im so lazy lol
If you're to lazy to do that, installing them is guna kill you!
Old 02-01-11, 09:41 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TLcoats
If you're to lazy to do that, installing them is guna kill you!
yeah.....thats why IM not installing them, a local member is although i will be happy to help him. i have said it before and im saying it again,typically i do all my own stuff except my motor work but lately i dont feel like doing anything so i havent been. im exhausted im working almost 16 hours a day 5 days a week
Old 02-02-11, 09:12 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
yeah.....thats why IM not installing them, a local member is although i will be happy to help him. i have said it before and im saying it again,typically i do all my own stuff except my motor work but lately i dont feel like doing anything so i havent been. im exhausted im working almost 16 hours a day 5 days a week
Heard that... I got my engine mounts done the other day at the Toyota dealership. BTW, Sak, you done engine mounts yet? I know ya got about the same mileage i do. Made a world of difference
Old 02-02-11, 09:56 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by JiBBeL
Heard that... I got my engine mounts done the other day at the Toyota dealership. BTW, Sak, you done engine mounts yet? I know ya got about the same mileage i do. Made a world of difference
not yet, i just bought my tranny mount and will be buying my engine mounts shortly. they will be done when i do the headers though. what the dealer charge you?

Quick Reply: PPE V8 Headers GS, LS, SC