Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Apexi Neo not showing RPMs issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-10, 04:28 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Apexi Neo not showing RPMs issue

Hi,

I had to unhook my Apexi Neo because I have it hooked up in my ashtray in order to replace my A/C control bulbs.

When I re-hooked it up, it took 3 tries to start the car because it somehow was set to Karman instead of Hotwire. Once I set it to Hotwire, it fired right up.

But now the problem is that the RPM's do not show on my NEO. It stays at 0RPM but everything else is reading signals fine. I've checked fuses and the RPM wire per Apexi NEO tech support and still no resolution.

Does anyone here experienced the same issue or can anyone offer some insight? Will this be harmful to my car?

TIA
Old 10-06-10, 07:00 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Right down all your tuning numbers. Then go to the main menu and restore the factory settings then re input your tuning numbers. It should take care of the problem! Your car is in no real risk from the RPM's not showing up.
Old 10-06-10, 07:16 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Right down all your tuning numbers. Then go to the main menu and restore the factory settings then re input your tuning numbers. It should take care of the problem! Your car is in no real risk from the RPM's not showing up.
Thx for trying to help. But I've re-initialized it to no avail if that's what your talking about. In monitor mode, it reads throttle,battery,etc but no RPM.
Old 10-06-10, 07:17 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dsouth
Thx for trying to help. But I've re-initialized it to no avail if that's what your talking about. In monitor mode, it reads throttle,battery,etc but no RPM.
Yeah thats what i was trying to say. So the volts and throttle percentages read but theres nothing for the rpm?
Old 10-06-10, 08:10 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Yeah thats what i was trying to say. So the volts and throttle percentages read but theres nothing for the rpm?
Yeah, prompt response from Apexi tech support but they couldn't offer any more help other than sending it in for them to look at it.
Old 10-07-10, 07:15 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

dsouth, best bet is just to bring your car in for some dyno runs. While your there simply ask the tuner to look into why the rpm's aren't showing...chances are he could get to the bottom of it within 2 minutes; probably something really simple. This would also be a good opportunity to clean your MAF sensor and clean your air intake filter before the dyno. It may wind up costing you $100 bucks but if it bothers you that much I would just go this route. If you hit one wrong button in setup/initialize section it could be bad news for your engine...I wouldn't take that chance IMHO. GL!
Old 10-07-10, 07:40 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
dsouth, best bet is just to bring your car in for some dyno runs. While your there simply ask the tuner to look into why the rpm's aren't showing...chances are he could get to the bottom of it within 2 minutes; probably something really simple. This would also be a good opportunity to clean your MAF sensor and clean your air intake filter before the dyno. It may wind up costing you $100 bucks but if it bothers you that much I would just go this route. If you hit one wrong button in setup/initialize section it could be bad news for your engine...I wouldn't take that chance IMHO. GL!
Yeah Roc thanks for the advice since we pretty much have the same set-up minus LSD. I'm eventually going to get it dyno tuned.
I think I found the culprit. I found my RPM wire(green btw) had been cut by
the opening and closing of my ashtray(that's where I have it installed).

I will re-solder the wire and that should fix my problem. Thx for the help guys.