Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Is a 2JZ-GTE swap truly worth it? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-10, 08:59 PM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by japspec
YES sure is.
how about the AC lines? is it routed exactly the same as the GS300? just connect the ports onto the GTE ac compressor and a total bolt on?
Old 10-27-10, 09:50 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tuninghaus
how about the AC lines? is it routed exactly the same as the GS300? just connect the ports onto the GTE ac compressor and a total bolt on?
The gs400 is MUCH more difficult to swap a 2jz gte into. You need to make custom AC lines, Custom harness, custom engine mounts and so on... It be better to get a gs300 then do a swap. Trust me, i've been comptemplating this swap for months now..
Old 10-28-10, 01:08 AM
tuninghaus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TLcoats
The gs400 is MUCH more difficult to swap a 2jz gte into. You need to make custom AC lines, Custom harness, custom engine mounts and so on... It be better to get a gs300 then do a swap. Trust me, i've been comptemplating this swap for months now..
wow really??? daing so the truth is out!!

now i know which one to get... lol i was hoping the GS400 would be the same... so i can enjoy the V8 torque and power while i saved up for the GTE build! but damn it hahaha

thanks for the heads up!!
Old 10-28-10, 06:25 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You will need a 300 A/C lines, You can just use the harness that comes with the swap and move some pics around on the body plugs.
You just use regular mount nothing custom here, the mount location on the 300 and 400 are the same, same sub frame.

Check out this thread my friend all the answer are there.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-thread-6.html
Old 10-28-10, 12:01 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Yo stop talking about stuff you know nothing about the ac line and powersteering line are the only things that are custom, there isnt custom mounts or custom harness. I have a 2jzgte vvti swap in my 98 gs400 so dont spread false info.
Old 10-28-10, 12:03 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tuninghaus
wow really??? daing so the truth is out!!

now i know which one to get... lol i was hoping the GS400 would be the same... so i can enjoy the V8 torque and power while i saved up for the GTE build! but damn it hahaha

thanks for the heads up!!
Dont listen to that damn fool.
Old 10-28-10, 12:17 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

^+1 People have been spreading alot of wrong infos on this Forum.
Old 10-28-10, 02:30 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Yo stop talking about stuff you know nothing about the ac line and powersteering line are the only things that are custom, there isnt custom mounts or custom harness. I have a 2jzgte vvti swap in my 98 gs400 so dont spread false info.
Dont listen to that damn fool.
Originally Posted by quickGS300
^+1 People have been spreading alot of wrong infos on this Forum.
Your negative attitude isn't needed man, so stop making yourself look like an idiot by proving an 18 year old kid wrong. Wow your cool! I was under the impression that the motor mounts, ac lines, power steering lines and ecu harness had to be fabricated if it was 01+ car. This forum is for knowledge and guidance not for you to put people down. Maybe another person who ACTUALLY knows what they're talking about can chime in on this because 01+ cars basically need a whole new wiring harness to be made and i'm almost positive that you need to fab new engine mounts. But hey you're the expert man... BTW did you do the swap yourself?

Last edited by TLcoats; 10-28-10 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-28-10, 03:05 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Your negative attitude isn't needed man, so stop making yourself look like an idiot by proving an 18 year old kid wrong. Wow your cool! I was under the impression that the motor mounts, ac lines, power steering lines and ecu harness had to be fabricated if it was 01+ car. This forum is for knowledge and guidance not for you to put people down. Maybe another person who ACTUALLY knows what they're talking about can chime in on this because 01+ cars basically need a whole new wiring harness to be made and i'm almost positive that you need to fab new engine mounts. But hey you're the expert man... BTW did you do the swap yourself?

Dr tweak can do your Harness, or you can just the pins over at the body plugs so everything works on the dash.
I had pull the motor out of my SC4 and dropped an na-T setup in it, i used some TT motor mount because they are more solid than the SC ones, the motor mount will work since the GS came with I6 and V8 it's the same subframe the mount bolt up in the cradle at the same location.
You can Pm Kipod and he will give you the list of what you need and you go from there.
The wiring is really not that bad you can do it.
Oh and you have a 99 GS400 so just talk to Kipod bro he will tell you what you need.
Old 10-28-10, 05:53 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

The gs400 was only made from 98-99 so where did you get 2001 from, Oh and if its an 01 gs then only thing different is wiring. But a gs400 wasnt made in 01 so yes a gs400 from 98-99 wont be hard. not trying to be a idiot so i apologize and my swap was done by my boy shop and i was overseeing the process.
Old 10-28-10, 05:59 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

to the OP , I would say to the 2jzgte vvti aristo swap. Totally worth it.
Old 10-28-10, 06:01 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agree. I love mine!
Old 10-28-10, 06:09 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

The gs400 was only made from 98-99 so where did you get 2001 from, Oh and if its an 01 gs then only thing different is wiring. But a gs400 wasnt made in 01 so yes a gs400 from 98-99 wont be hard. not trying to be a idiot so i apologize and my swap was done by my boy shop and i was overseeing the process.
Thanks man. I appreciate the apology, didnt mean to go off just had a bad day today. I men't on 01+ up gs300 or gs430 the wiring harness needs to be pretty much custom made unless you go to dr. tweak. But then again, i haven't done the swap myself so you guys have more experience. I'm just gathering all the info i can so one day i can do a swap. But it's good too know now that it won't be as difficult as i thought on my 400.
Old 10-28-10, 06:33 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks man. I appreciate the apology, didnt mean to go off just had a bad day today. I men't on 01+ up gs300 or gs430 the wiring harness needs to be pretty much custom made unless you go to dr. tweak. But then again, i haven't done the swap myself so you guys have more experience. I'm just gathering all the info i can so one day i can do a swap. But it's good too know now that it won't be as difficult as i thought on my 400.
It wont be and if you need any questions answered everybody here will be glad to help especially slvrgs300 and ropadopa and jefftsai they have alot of knowledge on the swap.
Old 10-29-10, 10:06 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

The gs400 was only made from 98-99 so where did you get 2001 from, Oh and if its an 01 gs then only thing different is wiring. But a gs400 wasnt made in 01 so yes a gs400 from 98-99 wont be hard.
not that it changes much to this statement BUT the gs400 was made from 1999-2000

all in all,TL it can be done for not much more work than going from the gs300 to the swap.just from reading this thread, a few jap has commented in and kipods build (since they both have swapped from a gs400 to a I6) it doesnt seem like its all that hard

have you looked over kipods build thread TL?

JAPSPEC, i have always wanted to ask you, is that the sessions aristo in your pics or is that actually your car?

Quick Reply: Is a 2JZ-GTE swap truly worth it? Your thoughts are appreciated.