Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

PPE just messed me over LMAOO

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-10, 08:12 PM
uaaction
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPE just messed me over LMAOO

hey all

As u know i got the ppe headers and was very excited since i am the first in NYC to have them..

So the day started very nice i woke up at 10am.........
left to my friend to weld the pieces for the o2 sensor so by 12 i was home and taking off stuff to work on the headers......
By 2pm i took off everything that needed to be taken off and just needed the header nuts take off so my friend comes with a deep sockets...
We do it in 30min both sides so where like ok wow so now i unplug the sensor and pulled out the header i go to take off the passenger side and the took a wrench to the sensor and boom came off like a cookie....
so ok we move on to the driver side and omfg it was a ***** it took us 30min to unscrew it idk how but the whole o2 sensor is stripped idk how the **** it happen...
So where like omfg we are stuck so i made a few calls by 6pm i had a brand new o2 sensor so ok we started to bolt on the driver side screwed in the nuts and put the steering shaft in so it was 8pm...
cuz we took so many times a break cuz it was not working out it soo ****en tight ok anyways we got everything on the driver side done so we move on to the passenger side and where like WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are u kidding me.....
PPE messed up my shipment and send me 2 driver side headers we both look at each other and just started laughing i could not say anything i was sooo ****en pissed off and sooo tired from the whole day under the ****en car.....
so now i have two ****en headers that go into the driver side i sent an email to paul and i guess i have to wait till tomorrow for him to get back to me.....
if not i will call them up and hopefully they will one day ship it cuz i ****en need the car its my daily and i work so FML!!!
i really dont know what else to say every time i think about it i keep laughing so i just wanted to keep u guys updated on what happen today

i cant believe i did not catch it when i was taking it out of the box and so did u guys when i posted up on the forum i guess it was that rush of happiness that just went all away now

i will see tomorrow about ppe and what they can offer me

Serg

Last edited by uaaction; 08-31-10 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-31-10, 08:22 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You stripped the hell out of that O2! haha sorry to hear about the mess up, I know it was unintentional and Paul will take care of you ASAP.
Old 08-31-10, 08:41 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

The only thing I understood from up there was that you got two driver sides. I got a headache reading everything else. I'm sure PPE will take care of it.
Old 08-31-10, 08:46 PM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ hahahaha you too peter? my head was also spinning. anyways gl with install.
Old 08-31-10, 08:50 PM
blake0387
Driver

That entire post is a single sentence.

Anyways, hope they get it sorted out for you.
Old 08-31-10, 09:12 PM
uaaction
Lead Lap

the o2 sensor will not come out so we did it by force so it stripped idk how and the sock header was all messed up where the o2 sensor was

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
You stripped the hell out of that O2! haha sorry to hear about the mess up, I know it was unintentional and Paul will take care of you ASAP.
Old 08-31-10, 09:17 PM
uaaction
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nmpeter
The only thing I understood from up there was that you got two driver sides. I got a headache reading everything else. I'm sure PPE will take care of it.
LMAOO sorry i am soo tired lol

Originally Posted by Wierdazndu
^^^ hahahaha you too peter? my head was also spinning. anyways gl with install.
sorry bro hahaha

Originally Posted by blake0387
That entire post is a single sentence.

Anyways, hope they get it sorted out for you.
i fixed it for u i was in a rush typing it..
thanks
Old 08-31-10, 10:40 PM
MothIS
Lead Lap

Haha, u made me laugh. I should be glad I have the driver and passenger side from them : )
Old 08-31-10, 10:45 PM
MothIS
Lead Lap

I guess I'm missing the manual from the look of the pic, should the header come with a gasket ?
Old 09-01-10, 12:55 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Nice read..I know if I was in your situation I would of been laughing my *** off and being pissed off at the same time.
Old 09-01-10, 01:02 AM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow that sucks, what a simple screw up on their part. Hopefully you get a passenger side header ASAP. The question is, does another member have two passenger side headers? lol
Old 09-01-10, 06:45 AM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Dame that sux I checked my the first day I got it so I'm good on mine
Old 09-01-10, 09:09 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by uaaction
the o2 sensor will not come out so we did it by force so it stripped idk how and the sock header was all messed up where the o2 sensor was
Next time use PB Blaster or WD-40 to break it loose LOL
Old 09-01-10, 09:32 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

that will help but prob wont get it out. heat and a O2 SOCKET will help, hint hint Serge. told u man, if u needed help i was a call away lol.

if u want to reuse the stock header, get a o2 bung welded and thread in the new one. thats what i had to do for the LS.
Old 09-01-10, 09:44 AM
ONEdirty23
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gc86
Wow that sucks, what a simple screw up on their part. Hopefully you get a passenger side header ASAP. The question is, does another member have two passenger side headers? lol
That would be me lol. Honestly never checked for a righty and lefty. Normally check this when I buy shoes, but never dawned on me to check on the headers. I checked for scratches/scrapes through the plastic, but never got a chance to unwrap and compare the two lol. Simple fix tho, just unfortunate that Serge went through the whole install to get stuck with this mixup. Well guess no install today

Serge, I sent you PM with shipment info.

Quick Reply: PPE just messed me over LMAOO