Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1UZ Twin Turbo V160 6 spd is done!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-10, 07:05 PM
1fastlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow really beautiful set ups u guys have , its nice seeing more seriously boosted 2gs models ....... what clutch are you running , i must have missed it ?
Old 07-30-10, 07:39 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Ross Pistons, Crower rods, ARP hardware, ported and polished heads and intake, Acufab 85mm throttle body
Did you notice much change from the 85mm TB vs. Stock? If so how much did the TB run you? Got an extra one? lol I'm willing to give it some pressure out here in the islands!

BTW I'm gonna do some runs against my friends GT-R this weekend if he's up to it. Should be fun!
Attached Thumbnails 1UZ Twin Turbo V160 6 spd is done!!!-imag0852.jpg  

Last edited by HI98GS; 07-30-10 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-30-10, 08:14 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HI98GS
Did you notice much change from the 85mm TB vs. Stock? If so how much did the TB run you? Got an extra one? lol I'm willing to give it some pressure out here in the islands!

BTW I'm gonna do some runs against my friends GT-R this weekend if he's up to it. Should be fun!
You're gonna need some serious muscle to outrun your friend... What have you got under your hood?

Ryan
Old 07-30-10, 09:28 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ryan, check his thread on this performance forum...its a sticky up top

Thomas
Old 07-31-10, 01:33 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Ryan, check his thread on this performance forum...its a sticky up top

Thomas
Thomas, thanks for the lead on Ricky's thread...Very impressive!! I just read through the whole thread. Some very similar mods to mine. I would like to see Ricky work on increasing his boost, but besides that, very, very sweet!! Another TT UZ I was unaware of... You GS guys are serious!! I like it!! Still, if Ricky is gonna run his friend with the GTR, he may need to correct his fuel issue (if he has not), and up his boost. His car is no slouch though, and it should give a good showing as it is...

BTW, best thing about his whole thread...He lives in Hawaii!! I am a local boy myself, that left 20 years ago and moved to Florida. I still visit Hawaii, but it has been a few years now. I plan to make a return trip next year, and to buy a vacation home there within the next 5 years. At some point, I plan to move back to Hawaii. I miss it lots. DO people still drive up to the top of Tantalus and park and make out? That and Diamond Head were two of my favorite places to park with babes and enjoy the scenery, ocean and other things.... My ethnicity is Hapa...

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 07-31-10 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-31-10, 01:51 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Thomas, thanks for the lead on Ricky's thread...Very impressive!! I just read through the whole thread. Some very similar mods to mine. I would like to see Ricky work on increasing his boost, but besides that, very, very sweet!! Another TT UZ I was unaware of... You GS guys are serious!! I like it!! Still, if Ricky is gonna run his friend with the GTR, he may need to correct his fuel issue (if he has not), and up his boost. His car is no slouch though, and it should give a good showing as it is...

BTW, best thing about his whole thread...He lives in Hawaii!! I am a local boy myself, that left 20 years ago and moved to Florida. I still visit Hawaii, but it has been a few years now. I plan to make a return trip next year, and to buy a vacation home there within the next 5 years. At some point, I plan to move back to Hawaii. I miss it lots. DO people still drive up to the top of Tantalus and park and make out? That and Diamond Head were two of my favorite places to park with babes and enjoy the scenery, ocean and other things.... My ethnicity is Hapa...

Ryan
Ryan,
Not much has changed here in Hawaii. The scenery is still incredible at Tantalus! Espescially at sunrise. You do need to be careful though, as you probably already knew.

Yes I did fix the fuel issue. Actually we were playing on the freeway and from a roll, I get a little jump on him. I got torque, so I expected that. I wonʻt go full out on turns though. I know the limit of my car and turns are not where Iʻm gonna do well. I already know that the GTR has me beat hands down there. I was fun watching him fade a little into the rear view mirror. Definitely will be fun if we had more room to really open it up.

I will turn up the boost when I get a chance to get back to the dyno. Everything else that was a problem is fixed. At least I think it is until the gremlins show up at the dyno session if they dare

Definitely drop me a line when you are on your way to HI. Maybe I might have you bring something back from Florida. And bring Jeff (TTurbopimp) along, he said he wanted to come to HI as well. hmmmm Stroker kit? haha

Sorry Jeff, not hijacking the thread!!

Last edited by HI98GS; 07-31-10 at 02:01 AM.
Old 07-31-10, 02:24 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Ryan,
Not much has changed here in Hawaii. The scenery is still incredible at Tantalus! Espescially at sunrise. You do need to be careful though, as you probably already knew.

Yes I did fix the fuel issue. Actually we were playing on the freeway and from a roll, I get a little jump on him. I got torque, so I expected that. I wonʻt go full out on turns though. I know the limit of my car and turns are not where Iʻm gonna do well. I already know that the GTR has me beat hands down there. I was fun watching him fade a little into the rear view mirror. Definitely will be fun if we had more room to really open it up.

I will turn up the boost when I get a chance to get back to the dyno. Everything else that was a problem is fixed. At least I think it is until the gremlins show up at the dyno session if they dare

Definitely drop me a line when you are on your way to HI. Maybe I might have you bring something back from Florida. And bring Jeff (TTurbopimp) along, he said he wanted to come to HI as well. hmmmm Stroker kit? haha

Sorry Jeff, not hijacking the thread!!
Ricky, yep, I am up early today...5 am Saturday morning here. I know what you mean...Always gotta watch out for the bad apples out there...I hear there have even been several issues at Sacred Falls, and on Kauai on the Na Pali trail...Too bad, as Hawaii is truly paradise.

Most excellent to hear that the GTR was looking at your tail pipes on the straights...Yeah, a lot of suspension and chassis work would have to be done to try and keep up with it in the curves...I am glad you got your fuel issues fixed. Those damned gremlins do have a way of popping up at the most inopportune times....

I wish you could have kept the Autronic SM4 in place, but I do understand why you did not. I don't have that problem as I decided not to run the vvti due to the additional complications it adds. I did upgrade my SM4 to the V1.09 chip and software so I could add the traction control feature and save by not having to purchase a RaceLogic. It is speed sensor based, so it should work very similar to the RaceLogic. The V1.09 upgrade added many enhancements and features to the SM4, but since I do not have vvti, I have not researched whether it addresses the vvti set up on the Lexus engine. Regardless, whatever ECU we choose to use, the most critical thing is the tuner...If the tuner knows their stuff, and correctly and safely tunes the car, then it runs like a champ, and we tend to steer away from disaster. I do know that it is critical for the tuner to be very familiar with the software of the ECU he is tuning, or the tune is never what it can really become. Good luck with your next tuning and dyno session.

I miss the mountain apples, lilikoi and guavas growing wild in Hawaii. Also the Bento boxes, and the Ramen Stands, best noodles around...Also, I heard Char Hung Sut is still making Dim Sum and baked Manapua...I miss the Lau Lau, Kaluah Pig, Opihi, Aku Bone, Lomi Lomi Salmon, Poke, Opihi, Chicken Kat Su, Kim Chee Fried Rice, etc. I used to go out dancing at Spats at the Hemmeter Center, and close it down on Friday and Saturday nights, then meet up at Zippies for their fried chicken, or chili...And I still remember going to Rainbow Drive Inn after surfing all day for the Chicken cutlet, and extra gravy on the rice and macaroni salad.... I don't eat like that anymore...I eat much healthier now, but not all of those dishes I mentioned above are unhealthy...Just gotta eat in moderation...

Oh well, Gonna go work on my Twin Turbo SC400 in a little while...I plan on taking it for its first test drive this weekend with the Stage II upgrades...Wish me well...

Aloha,

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 07-31-10 at 02:37 AM.
Old 07-31-10, 03:43 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

threadjacked!!!

PS. my wife and in laws are all from HI. wife graduated from Hawaii Kai.

We still need videos of runs TTurboPIMP....really we do. these 2 are getting bored going off topic ^^
Old 07-31-10, 05:56 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn, ive been jacked!!

I dont mind at all, ya'll are making me sit here and visualize the paradise.

We got a real good weather weekend here, so I should be able to get a few vids up by tom.

Ricky, we put that throttle body on with the initial build, so I really didnt have a before and after comparison to work with. They are fairly inexpensive though (in the bigger scheme of things). I believe mine was actually made for a Mustang, then we used an adapter palte to mount it up. I will take a close up pic for you and post it up later today. Im going to try to clean up my engine bay a little today anyhow.

To answer an earlier question, Quartermaster clutch
Old 07-31-10, 09:58 AM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

OK. Since at there is a possibility of video from Jeff, I will try to see if I can get video as well. Ryan, you up to taking video? Well either way, let us all be safe!

Jeff, appreciate the info. Ryan, I'll go eat a malasada in your honor today!! lol
Old 07-31-10, 10:30 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

I <3 L&L

Be safe with those vids guys
Old 08-06-10, 04:19 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

DAMN i want a GS now along with the sc after seeing this
Old 08-06-10, 06:48 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

OK. Since at there is a possibility of video from Jeff, I will try to see if I can get video as well. Ryan, you up to taking video? Well either way, let us all be safe!

Jeff, appreciate the info. Ryan, I'll go eat a malasada in your honor today!! lol
I sould be making a video this weekend. I am off today, and will be working on my car. I finally got in a couple of missing parts I needed before I drive the car on the road. I am completing the stereo and lower dash install today.

HI98GS, how was that malasada? if you had it with either cold milk, or hot coffee, it had to be ono...

Ryan
Old 08-09-10, 06:30 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats man, I love my 6 speed GS300 too. It looks like you used a B+M shifter with a really long shift ****? Your lock out looks to be under the center console.

The stock / Aftermarket V160 shifters are too short unless you raise the transmission, I didn't want to do that so I wound up making 1 shifter out of two stockers, love the feel of it now. As Ropadopa said, welcome to the 6 speed club, there is only a handful of us. I'm going to get the panel / boot reworked in the future, the shifter is finally perfect though.

Rick Bowers at Speedtech made the shifter for me if you need one.

Last edited by adamgamz; 08-09-10 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-09-10, 07:07 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

I can't wait to see the vid as well. Your GS is awesome.

Quick Reply: 1UZ Twin Turbo V160 6 spd is done!!!