Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RMM Supercharger... Who has the kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-13, 10:43 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts

^^ its mainly the cost, considering the age of the car not that many ppl will be willing to fork out 7K for a charger + install when their car is worth 5-10.

if it was a brand new 2013 gs charger kit that would be a different story.
Old 02-19-13, 11:35 PM
acl99
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the average power output on a stock motor with this kit?
Old 02-20-13, 03:25 PM
BlownGS400
Driver School Candidate

It adds about 100 crank hp with an off-the-shelf kit.
Old 02-22-13, 02:30 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlownGS400
I really need to do a formal introduction at some point. My car was built by Passen Motorsports in Columbus, OH back when they were still in buisness. It has some really nice custom bent headers, a smaller pulley, PI torque converter, a Kaaz 2-way, Teins, AP Racing 6 Piston BBK, ect...

The hose runs under the blower and faces forward with a K&N cone filter out front. This car is a party!
i changed mine and put the battery in the trunk then put a larger filter were the battery was much easier to clean the filter when needed now the way they had it was a pain in the *** to get too
Old 02-22-13, 02:34 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BlownGS400
Here is another picture.

http://db.tt/p9CDLdUD

I spoke with Vortech about a rebuild when the time comes. Mine has a little over 50K miles on it. They were very reasonable on price. I was quoted $700 for the rebuild and full polish of the exterior of the three pieces.
they miss quoted you i am sure rmm has a custom 90 welded on the case they do not carry this when i did mine i had to get a full replacement then mess with a 90 to get it to fit right and for the exchange ended up costing me 1800.00
Old 02-23-13, 05:34 PM
BlownGS400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tom steele
they miss quoted you i am sure rmm has a custom 90 welded on the case they do not carry this when i did mine i had to get a full replacement then mess with a 90 to get it to fit right and for the exchange ended up costing me 1800.00
Why did you have to get a new supercharger housing? As far as I understood, the rebuild is more for the bearing replacement.
Old 03-11-13, 04:27 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tom steele
Ditto that...I just sent mine (previously lalex1's) out for rebuild and I was quoted 1k including a polish. Then I needed the housing and a few other things and came out around $1800 too.
Old 03-11-13, 04:46 PM
bigL
Pole Position

So as many of you all know I bought Lalex1's RMM kit awhile back and am planning on installing it in the next couple weeks. I just need to get a few items rounded up for it. Rather than start a new thread there seems to be wealth of knowledge here,so if you dont mind I'll ask away.
1.Does anyone know the correct belt size for the blower? any preferred brand?
2.Any preference or suggestions on oil coolers?
3.What are the recommended spark plugs for this set up?
4.Anyone have a preference on air filters or replacement? Did I see where someone mounted a filter directly on there s/c or am I confusing this with a TT set up perhaps?
5.Where are your boost gauges mounted. I dont really wont a pod at this point.
6.Lastly for Tom Steele, I had to have my housing replaced too so my 90 is still on my old housing and Im currently trying to figure out what to do about it. Howd you resolve yours?

Thanks for any help and sorry to get off topic but I could really use a little advice. Just a heads up my GS4 was in a bad wreck a few years back and its been a work in progress for the last couple years but weve been going through it all and have been doing it up right and soon itll be show quality and ill be posting some nice custom stuff up. Thanks again

Last edited by bigL; 03-11-13 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-12-13, 05:01 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bigL
So as many of you all know I bought Lalex1's RMM kit awhile back and am planning on installing it in the next couple weeks. I just need to get a few items rounded up for it. Rather than start a new thread there seems to be wealth of knowledge here,so if you dont mind I'll ask away.
1.Does anyone know the correct belt size for the blower? any preferred brand?
2.Any preference or suggestions on oil coolers?
3.What are the recommended spark plugs for this set up?
4.Anyone have a preference on air filters or replacement? Did I see where someone mounted a filter directly on there s/c or am I confusing this with a TT set up perhaps?
5.Where are your boost gauges mounted. I dont really wont a pod at this point.
6.Lastly for Tom Steele, I had to have my housing replaced too so my 90 is still on my old housing and Im currently trying to figure out what to do about it. Howd you resolve yours?

Thanks for any help and sorry to get off topic but I could really use a little advice. Just a heads up my GS4 was in a bad wreck a few years back and its been a work in progress for the last couple years but weve been going through it all and have been doing it up right and soon itll be show quality and ill be posting some nice custom stuff up. Thanks again
I'll try to help from what I know.

1) No sure
2) I believe B&M makes good oil coolers; I have a tranny cooler by them and they are built very well.
3) Many use the*NGK BKR7-EIX for supercharged applications but I have heard we dont need colder spark plugs if we're running 380whp and under; still not sure what I'm going to do here.
4) I am running an Amsoil high efficiency universal dryflow filter; I love it. Great design, flows great and no oil required.
5) Still battling this one. I too dont really want to do the pillars but my ashtray is already used up by my Apexi Neo. I'd like to have the guages in a semi visible place though; not like in the glove box or center console. I don't care for this look. The only thing I can think of is utilize the cupholder area..i may do this.

Good luck man!
Old 03-13-13, 11:03 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Ditto that...I just sent mine (previously lalex1's) out for rebuild and I was quoted 1k including a polish. Then I needed the housing and a few other things and came out around $1800 too.
I am curious.. why do you need a new housing>?
Do they crack or have some type of meal fatigue? I would assume that bearing and seals go bad, but the housing?

Just curious?
Old 03-13-13, 01:05 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
I'll try to help from what I know.

1) No sure
2) I believe B&M makes good oil coolers; I have a tranny cooler by them and they are built very well.
3) Many use the*NGK BKR7-EIX for supercharged applications but I have heard we dont need colder spark plugs if we're running 380whp and under; still not sure what I'm going to do here.
4) I am running an Amsoil high efficiency universal dryflow filter; I love it. Great design, flows great and no oil required.
5) Still battling this one. I too dont really want to do the pillars but my ashtray is already used up by my Apexi Neo. I'd like to have the guages in a semi visible place though; not like in the glove box or center console. I don't care for this look. The only thing I can think of is utilize the cupholder area..i may do this.

Good luck man!
Thanks pal. Got everything figured out but the gauges. GL with your install and I'll keep you all posted on mine. Thx
Old 03-13-13, 01:08 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSJake
I am curious.. why do you need a new housing>?
Do they crack or have some type of meal fatigue? I would assume that bearing and seals go bad, but the housing?

Just curious?
I cant remember the exact reason they gave but I think it had something to do with the holes that bolt it on being stripped out or having excessive play. I cant really remember and it was probably just an "up sell" but I aired on the side of caution since it was already there and tore down.
Old 08-21-13, 01:14 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Can I be added to this exclusive list plz?
Attached Thumbnails RMM Supercharger... Who has the kit?-supercharger.jpg  
Old 08-21-13, 08:17 PM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice man! I would love to see a video of revving with the SC now installed or maybe a little driving too. Good stuff here!
Old 08-21-13, 11:39 PM
erknjerk78
Driver

Looks great bro! What's the part number for your filter? Did you ever figure out your issue with gauges? Btw, y'all can add me to the list also.

Quick Reply: RMM Supercharger... Who has the kit?