Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharged GS430

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 03:51 PM
erikbang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
apexi neo and maybe slightly bigger injectors? Going 4-6psi I would assume would not need that much fuel adjustment that these 2 things would not remedy.

I am wondering like other posters have ask why did you put the charger on the driverside instead of passengerside? Seems like it wouldve saved you the headache of relocating the ecu. Plus after the stock air box is out you have tons of room for the charger. That's how I was going to do it on my 400 but money has been tight so I never got the charger. Only the neo, and upgraded tc, but I might be able to follow in your foot steps if the body shop doesn't go over budget. Lol
Hey UV

I kind of touched on it in my review but not a good explanation of why i used that side. Just to make things harder...j/k really if I remember right the bracket had an interference issue with the power steering pump or something of that nature. I'm sure one could re engineer the bracket to work on that side but I think that lms and the millen kit are both on that side. I think there was a not as good of belt coverage with those kits...someone who has one would give better reasons. Hope that helps.
Old 10-21-09, 06:00 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

do you have the ac driving the sc pulley? You can have boomslang make a wiring adapter to put the ecu inside the car, you might have to work on the grounds for it though, but not a big deal. Get yourself a walbro 255 lph intank pump and some 310cc injectors. That will be plenty for 4-6 psi.
Old 10-21-09, 08:25 PM
erikbang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by speedaddic
do you have the ac driving the sc pulley? You can have boomslang make a wiring adapter to put the ecu inside the car, you might have to work on the grounds for it though, but not a big deal. Get yourself a walbro 255 lph intank pump and some 310cc injectors. That will be plenty for 4-6 psi.
I'm lost in translation about the sc driving the pulley...there is an idler pulley between the ac and the sc...was that what you wondering if there was a direct contact? Please explain? BTW what size are the stock injectors?
Old 10-21-09, 08:36 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

you answered my question...you're using the ac pulley

The stock is somewhere around 240cc from what i've read. I'm going with 440cc injectors and return fuel setup. I'm also doing the FI/C 8 from AEM

Last edited by speedaddic; 10-22-09 at 04:56 AM. Reason: injector size
Old 10-22-09, 09:46 AM
3UZFTE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stock is somewhere around 240cc from what i've read. I'm going with 440cc injectors and return fuel setup. I'm also doing the FI/C 8 from AEM
Just curious might you know what the 310cc injectors come from? I am pretty sure the 440cc come from the 7M-GTE? With the 310cc, do you not need the return, but with the 440s you do? Stock in tank pump isn't enough to keep up with the new fuel injector change? Just curious about the AC pulley, does it cause it to lose some contact when AC is engaged? What would you suggest? Would love some foresight from a guy who already has a blown GS.
Old 10-22-09, 01:08 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

while your in there OP....car will def benefit from some S&S headers! way to go though
Old 10-23-09, 02:33 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If he's using the A/C to run the S/C wouldn't he need a A/C pulley tha accomodates 2 belts? Or is one belt running the whole system??

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 10-24-09 at 03:22 AM.
Old 10-23-09, 05:10 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

yes, he would need an A/C pulley that can accomadate 2 belts, one for the serpentine and one for the supercharger.
Old 10-23-09, 10:05 AM
DumpedGS
Driver

i think most of my questions have been answered in this thread...i am really thinking of piecing together a kit like this over the winter. i would think the stock ecu would have timing control covered. and bigger injectors plus an SAFC would have fuel covered.

my main gripe is having the supercharger on the driver side. is there a mounting plate from lextreme that allows passenger side mounting?

oh and this "should" fit on a 400 also, correct?
Old 10-23-09, 10:52 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

hmm...after looking at this, are you using a much larger serpentine belt or do you have a dual belt pulley on the ac?
Old 10-24-09, 04:17 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

After looking closer at his set up & the lextreme site,he's running one belt. What I can see the belt is going around the idler pulley,S/C,ac and crank.
Old 10-24-09, 09:55 AM
erikbang
Driver School Candidate

hmm...after looking at this, are you using a much larger serpentine belt or do you have a dual belt pulley on the ac?
It is one larger belt...I have the gates belt box in the garage, I can post it for you. Also I talked with Jens at the fuel injector clinic and spoke to him about sending out the stock injectors and having them bored out to whatever size we would need, within reason. I'm planning on sending him a set here in a couple weeks.

I don't think there is an adaptor plate for the passenger side but I do know that this plate was designed for the 400 series my fitment was experimental.

belt # K061177

Last edited by erikbang; 10-24-09 at 11:31 AM. Reason: adding belt #
Old 11-01-09, 09:34 AM
schase
Pole Position

good stuff plz post sum more pics and video's
Old 11-19-09, 11:18 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

I was talking to Boost logic and they mentioned your setup should have less slipping than a regular RMM setup off the power steering pulley. Let's get an update!
Old 11-20-09, 12:57 AM
erikbang
Driver School Candidate

No news is good news right...been a bit pre occupied

So update:

Took the car out for a drive a few times and this is what I've got, about 1-2lbs with 3.9" pulley. Car pulls good for such low boost, I do have 315cc injectors on the way and no I still haven't got my wide band. The power delivery feels very good...like the torque is flat as a table, honestly I was surprised at how much difference such little boost did. Again I was not expecting it to net any results with that low of boost pressure...I need an lsd! I haven't made it to a dyno yet but when I do get all the details sorted I will post with results.

As for belt slippage...I can't feel anything with regard to power falling off under boost. There is a lot of belt coverage on the pulley so I wouldn't think it would be an issue. I think a 3.75" would be a perfect size and I don't expect it to slip but who knows.

I am having one problem...under cold start up I'm getting a knock code of p0325, bank 1, pulling a ton of timing. First thought was lean condition but under closed loop, but while it's under idle? I know wide band...I also was thinking that because the ati p1sc is gear driven, loud and rattles, it could be causing translational knock. Nothing under driving. Far fetched I know but after the car warms up to operating temp, you turn it off, then restart 1 min later it runs phenomenal! I'm very happy and its not done yet. I can't wait to get the wideband and fuel to see how it runs and then go for the 4-6lbs. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

I will post a few new pics of the intake I came up with for the charger. It was kind of space constrained but it turned out good.

Last edited by erikbang; 11-20-09 at 01:04 AM. Reason: ...

Quick Reply: Supercharged GS430