Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My custom S/C ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-09, 03:04 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Didn't read thru the whole post. But if you want to run with no intercooler, you can get away with water injection. Water alone will cool down the charge temps significantly. Or even better, mixing 50/50 with methano and water. In that case the water will cool the charge temp while the methanol increases the total octane of the fuel mixture as well as cooling the air charge further.
Old 08-22-09, 09:07 AM
evil00017
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Are you oppoed to the Procharger S/C and Do you have a way or can you you do the intercooler and piping to and from the intercooler?
I am not opposed to prochargers at all, if anything that would be my supercharger of choice because I believe all of them have self contained oil so you dont have to plumb in oil lines like most of the vortechs. I havent thought it out a 100% but yes there is a way to plumb a intercooler that was kinda the last step in the road for me because people have plumbed the intercooler before so I know it can be done.

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Didn't read thru the whole post. But if you want to run with no intercooler, you can get away with water injection. Water alone will cool down the charge temps significantly. Or even better, mixing 50/50 with methano and water. In that case the water will cool the charge temp while the methanol increases the total octane of the fuel mixture as well as cooling the air charge further.
Water/meth injection is something I have thought about before not for this application though. The thing about water meth injection on a s/c or turbo setup is the first time you forget to fill up the water/meth reservoir on your kit is the last time you drive on that motor. I like the idea of water meth but I dont like relying on it on a day to day bases. However if I did make a non intercooled s/c and it did start detonating a bit I probably would throw a water/meth kit on for the time being while I made a intercooler.

I originally thought about water meth with a nitrous kit. They are both depletable sources so if you got a big enough reservoir you could design it so you are out of nitrous before you are out of water/meth so than you never get a big bang. I was thinking you could probably run a 200 shot with water meth. The problem I see with this is the tranny obviously and the rods on the 400 suck. But with a valve upgrade and a trq converter how much hp do you think the stock tranny can hold?
Old 08-22-09, 10:53 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Most of the better methanol injection kits have flow meter and level meters. It will light up a really bright warning LED light if the flow is obstructed or the water level is low. Also, generally the water tank will last quite a long while. It is just spraying a small fine mist of water, it doesnt really use much. Also keep in mind that it will only spray when you're at full boost. I set mine to start spraying at 15psi boost all the way up to 35psi full boost. I use the windshield washer tank for my water/meth and it's just over a gallon of capacity. It lasts me around a month or so in between refills.

Stock trans with the V8 torque and VB, assuming a trans cooler of course....I would say around 400-450rwhp or so. Really it depends on how you drive or abuse the car.
Old 08-22-09, 11:35 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
Most of the better methanol injection kits have flow meter and level meters. It will light up a really bright warning LED light if the flow is obstructed or the water level is low. Also, generally the water tank will last quite a long while. It is just spraying a small fine mist of water, it doesnt really use much. Also keep in mind that it will only spray when you're at full boost. I set mine to start spraying at 15psi boost all the way up to 35psi full boost. I use the windshield washer tank for my water/meth and it's just over a gallon of capacity. It lasts me around a month or so in between refills.

Stock trans with the V8 torque and VB, assuming a trans cooler of course....I would say around 400-450rwhp or so. Really it depends on how you drive or abuse the car.

how much does methanol cost?? just the liquids.
Old 08-22-09, 11:49 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by vwynn
how much does methanol cost?? just the liquids.
Depending on where you get it. It will vary around $3-5/gal. But, you mix it with 50/50 water so you end up getting 2 gal of mix for that price.
Old 08-23-09, 07:25 PM
hacker_720
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

If someone can get the dimensions that are needed for the bracket, I can probably get one made cheep.
Old 08-26-09, 11:29 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It looks like my supercharger has an extra injector that gets connect to the fuel rail. So, it's some form of extra spray into the intake. Maybe it's meant to prevent detonation ..eh? I'm a noob.
Old 08-27-09, 05:06 PM
riceviper
Rookie

Honestly the way to achieve the HP with out the intercooler is E85. You'll deffently need to upgrade your fuel system, but you will make a ton of power. I would guess with the RMM system that you could run probably 12 lbs of boost and probably 7 degrees more timing if you were runnin E85. IF you would like me to go into futher detail I would be more than happy too, and as far as that goes has anyone with a GS gone E85 yet, I've help build some NASTY street cars that run E85.
Old 08-27-09, 05:51 PM
evil00017
Pole Position

Actually I know alot about e85 and love the idea of e85 and believe me it has been in the back of my mind. A buddy of mine who has a evo just bought everything he needs for e85, just needs to slap it on and get it tuned. With cams turboback and hardpiping and e85+tune its supposedly 400whp.

I was thinking a rmm kit running e85 with meth/water could probably push alot of boost reliably. To the point where you would definantly need forged internals and a new tranny.

A buddy of mine offered to sell me a basic wet nitrous kit for really cheap. I was thinking about slapping that on and runing water/meth because of CA crappy 91oct. Have you ever heard of a NA car runing e85 with a nitrous setup? I know e85 really shines with boosted applications but what kind of gains can you get from NA? Id imagine you would definantly feel something going from 91-105ish.

Yes JeffTsai is running e85 and 30+psi wow but from what I can gather from his post on here hes runing meth to. That fuel setup/methwater on a s/c gs4 with the appropriate pulley would probably be beastly.
Old 08-28-09, 05:48 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

^ UMMMMM.....DEFINITELY beastly! lol
Old 08-28-09, 08:54 AM
riceviper
Rookie

Originally Posted by evil00017
Actually I know alot about e85 and love the idea of e85 and believe me it has been in the back of my mind. A buddy of mine who has a evo just bought everything he needs for e85, just needs to slap it on and get it tuned. With cams turboback and hardpiping and e85+tune its supposedly 400whp.

I was thinking a rmm kit running e85 with meth/water could probably push alot of boost reliably. To the point where you would definantly need forged internals and a new tranny.

A buddy of mine offered to sell me a basic wet nitrous kit for really cheap. I was thinking about slapping that on and runing water/meth because of CA crappy 91oct. Have you ever heard of a NA car runing e85 with a nitrous setup? I know e85 really shines with boosted applications but what kind of gains can you get from NA? Id imagine you would definantly feel something going from 91-105ish.

Yes JeffTsai is running e85 and 30+psi wow but from what I can gather from his post on here hes runing meth to. That fuel setup/methwater on a s/c gs4 with the appropriate pulley would probably be beastly.

If I had the funds avaible I would build a e85 car right now. Though with e85 you wouldnt need meth injection because you would get the cooling effect from the ethonal. I'll give you a great example here locally a friend of mine has a fox body mustang. It is a small block 351 bored and stroked to 400, carburated no intercooler 101mm turbo and this thig is retarded fast. He drives this to work everyday, and towes a golf cart to the track on a trailer behind this car. It also averaged 18mpg. Enough said watch the video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0g1d...eature=related