Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-09, 07:46 AM
panda250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool turbo

i need a turbo for my is250, its got to be nice. i really want my car to sound and drive good so no srt turbo bull ****. i'm looking to replace many pairs in my engine so i'm looking for a whole kit.
Old 05-11-09, 08:05 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're looking to replace what?!? Pairs?!? I'm guessing you haven't even searched have you? There's no such thing as turbo for the IS250. And the only SC kit for the ISx50 is no longer in production. There is a company in Jamaica or something like that, that is supposedly making an SC kit for the IS250 but no guarantees.

To make this short, GL cause you're going to do full custom EVERYTHING, and you will need to rebuild the entire motor to handle boost. And before anyone else says anything, just trade in your car for an IS350.
Old 05-11-09, 08:12 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

^ i think he meant "parts", not "pairs".

and to the OP: what iSuxeL has said is pretty much true.
Old 05-11-09, 08:45 AM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

Old 05-11-09, 08:57 AM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
You're looking to replace what?!? Pairs?!? I'm guessing you haven't even searched have you? There's no such thing as turbo for the IS250. And the only SC kit for the ISx50 is no longer in production. There is a company in Jamaica or something like that, that is supposedly making an SC kit for the IS250 but no guarantees.

To make this short, GL cause you're going to do full custom EVERYTHING, and you will need to rebuild the entire motor to handle boost. And before anyone else says anything, just trade in your car for an IS350.

Now I need to kill my friend because he told me that my car should be ez to get some engine boost.

Thanks for the info.
Blogging teaches me something new everyday.

Old 05-11-09, 03:02 PM
AS~IS
Lead Lap

Yeah, there is a company in South Africa that makes a S/C kit, but the numbers are iffy, and it'll cost a pretty penny.

If you want turbos, you might want to wait a little b/c there are rumors that Artisan is adding it on the IS-C (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...is-coming.html).
Old 05-11-09, 04:29 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by AS~IS
If you want turbos, you might want to wait a little b/c there are rumors that Artisan is adding it on the IS-C (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...is-coming.html).
and like i posted in the other thread (that you also chimed in on).

Originally Posted by projectdna
looks like a one-off to me: nothing bolt-on, lots of custom work.

interesting concept, but the lack of details/information makes it nothing more than a rumor at this time.
quoting the article:

It's unclear at the time which of the IS family's line of engines this particular model will get, but we're holding out for a screaming V8 — otherwise that rollbar isn't going to get much work.
so the twin turbo set-up might not even be for the is250/350. honestly, i wouldn't get your hopes up on this.
Old 05-11-09, 04:49 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

Originally Posted by AS~IS
Yeah, there is a company in South Africa that makes a S/C kit, but the numbers are iffy, and it'll cost a pretty penny.

Here's the 411 on the S. Africa kit.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/chi...u-ready-2.html
Old 05-11-09, 05:12 PM
AS~IS
Lead Lap

@DNA: Yeah, I know... Just throwing options out so the asker can get the latest info.

@Gaugster: Yep, good stuff... Saw it over back at my.is!
Old 05-11-09, 05:12 PM
TrueStreet
Driver

I've seen high compression motors get boosted and not have problems. Like the 400hp 2ZZGE that is running on all stock internals, it just has a stand alone ECU and bigger injectors. I believe it was Hass pro turbo or something that did the build. If you want to turbo your engine you just have to have someone who knows what he's doing.
Old 05-11-09, 05:17 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by josephdoc
Now I need to kill my friend because he told me that my car should be ez to get some engine boost.

Thanks for the info.
Blogging teaches me something new everyday.

I'm confused on your comment

Besides you have a IS350, as there is more options for our cars than the IS250
Old 05-11-09, 05:31 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueStreet
I've seen high compression motors get boosted and not have problems. Like the 400hp 2ZZGE that is running on all stock internals, it just has a stand alone ECU and bigger injectors. I believe it was Hass pro turbo or something that did the build. If you want to turbo your engine you just have to have someone who knows what he's doing.
No way. He's running meth (or race gas) or stuffed a thick headgasket in that thing to lower the compression. No 2ZZ is making 400 hp on completely stock internals and pump gas.
Old 05-11-09, 05:37 PM
is250rida
Driver

I've been emailing back and forth with turbochargers.com and they said they can do a custom install for about $10k, which would include the turbo system and fuel system. They said it would add another 120-150 whp.

I emailed them asking about the ecu and other concerns i had. They said the stock internals should hold up. But if i wanted to forge them it'd be another $7500.

I'll need to do more research before i commit to something like this. Honestly it sounds too good to be true, but then again they did twin turbo the is-f... keep you all updated.
Old 05-11-09, 05:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by is250rida
I've been emailing back and forth with turbochargers.com and they said they can do a custom install for about $10k, which would include the turbo system and fuel system. They said it would add another 120-150 whp.

I emailed them asking about the ecu and other concerns i had. They said the stock internals should hold up. But if i wanted to forge them it'd be another $7500.

I'll need to do more research before i commit to something like this. Honestly it sounds too good to be true, but then again they did twin turbo the is-f... keep you all updated.
$10k installed and running methanol injection? That's the only way you'll see that much power increase on a 4GR-FE.
Old 05-12-09, 02:02 AM
TrueStreet
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No way. He's running meth (or race gas) or stuffed a thick headgasket in that thing to lower the compression. No 2ZZ is making 400 hp on completely stock internals and pump gas.
I forgot about monkey wrench racing. Here is their dyno on a stock engine turboed to 412hp

You can call them a liar or whatever, I'm just showing you what the 2ZZGE can do with it's higher compression and low to medium boost. Yea if you want to make lots more power you'll have to lower the compression to open up some room in the chambers, lol. But if you're looking for just some great power, great tune on a well made motor like the GR family will go a long way with low boost.

I'll try to find Hass Pro Turbo's stuff cuz it's been a long time since I've seen the MR-S with the 2ZZGE turbo installed.

Edit: Browsing through their stuff found another one this one is weaker, but still stock motor with 11psi

Edit: did a bit of searching and couldn't find his dyno charts or anything, only that his name is Jay Hass. His main site now is just taken care of by turbokits.com or something, he used to have his own site but i guess just deals with them now. Anyways. This is his MR-S with a stock 2ZZGE swapped in and then using his turbo kit and tuning to make it an 11 second car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNweI...eature=related

I remember it being around 400hp. And last I remember his internals were untouched thus the whole "stock" engine. I just remember he had to up the injector size for obvious reasons, but he said it was an exercise to show people how well the head on the 2ZZGE is. I mean after all the head is Yamaha Design they are just gods at getting that CFM!

And for those who don't know all toyota motors with a G head has had the head designed by Yamaha, so like 3SGE, 4AGE, 2JZGE, etc and including the G head in the IS-F. All motors with the F head are done by toyota.

Last edited by TrueStreet; 05-12-09 at 02:29 AM. Reason: found some more stuff for the Hass Pro Turbo MR-S

Quick Reply: turbo