Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My car is on strike

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-09, 07:32 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car is on strike

Okay I got my turbo installed and now I'm having so many problems .When I start my car it wont idle and I have to rev the gas to keep it running or it would die on me. I had to replace my maf sensor and I bought a throttle from a member on the forum and still no luck .Deception stopped by my house and helped me re- wire my fic and I'm using his basemap because the shop did it *** backwards causing the the car to not even start. Last night I checked my plugs and they were the wrong plugs so I put in some supra tt plugs gapped at 0.28. The car still wont idle it dies unless I hold the gas and it struggles from 1000-4000 rpm and after 4k rpm it breaks up and i found out I have a coolant leak coming from the rear of the motor by my flexpipe and trans pan HELP ME I'm sick of this ****!!!!!! I'm running a t61 turbo, aem fic, 2.5mm hg ,walbro pump stock injectors,I have 550 rc's but I'm using stock ones for tuning and uego wideband and a 50 mm wastegate.
Old 04-03-09, 08:59 AM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

The FIC strikes again!!! lol but seriously...a word to those who are planning on turbocharging in the future...this makes what, 5 or 6 ppl now who all are having FIC problems? So whether or not you COULD make it work...save the headaches and dont even view the FIC as an option...you will be far better off...trust me
Old 04-03-09, 09:49 AM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fordsvtmfl
The FIC strikes again!!! lol but seriously...a word to those who are planning on turbocharging in the future...this makes what, 5 or 6 ppl now who all are having FIC problems? So whether or not you COULD make it work...save the headaches and dont even view the FIC as an option...you will be far better off...trust me
Take no offense to what I'm saying but you should not talk as if your the king of standalones and I can remember all the threads that you made asking for help when you had problems with your set up and as far as my problem I'm sure it is not fic related because I've removed the fic and I'm still having this problem.So dont be a idiot you know just as well as me that there are pitfalls when you boost your car, I'm seeking some guidance and knowledge which is more useful than psuedo opinions and worthless thoughts , just remember that the next time you have an issue with your car.
Old 04-03-09, 11:05 AM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who did the headgasket? Those symptoms sound like it could be off timing.

There aren't any coolant lines near the tranny pan and flex pipe. A common place for a leak is behind the head where the coolant meets the head right by top of the firewall on the head. Get the car on a lift or jack it up, have a nice bright flashlight and you should be able to find the trail of coolant from the source. Also, it may help to get the car up to temp before hand so the lines will be pressurized and you have a fresh trail.

If you totally removed the FIC the car should start and idle fine even with the turbo installed. If you still cant free rev cleanly with the FIC removed that eliminated the issue as a tuning one. I haven't tuned an FIC but it seems like a simple device (no timing control etc...) Unless there is something that could be majorly screwed up with tuning than it should be ok. What is your wideband reading at steady throttle?

Last edited by macd7919; 04-03-09 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-03-09, 12:46 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Today I'm going to check out my walbro pump because I dont even hear it anymore when I turn the car off ( it has a loud buzzing sound ) I dont even hear it period at all.
Old 04-03-09, 01:11 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Before you do that make sure you have enough fuel in the tank. Walbros tend to sit higher in the tank so I usually keep my fuel gauge above 1/4 tank. Sounds funny but just humor the idea and put a few gallons in the car if it's not full now.

Fwiw: I can't hear my pump with the back seat in place.

Last edited by macd7919; 04-03-09 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-03-09, 02:54 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

um ok...idk who peed in your cheerios, i was just pointing out the fact that it seems like every car that has a FIC inst working right, and yes..i desperately wanted to make the FIC work....so after 2 months and a couple hundred buck when i finally gave up on it...it should tell you how little faith i have in it...and to those who want to take the warning...great...others..thats fine 2. and idk how i came across as "king of standalones" but w/e
lol see Brian...im not the only internet psycho! lol
Old 04-03-09, 03:35 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

um ok...idk who peed in your cheerios, i was just pointing out the fact that it seems like every car that has a FIC inst working right, and yes..i desperately wanted to make the FIC work....so after 2 months and a couple hundred buck when i finally gave up on it...it should tell you how little faith i have in it...and to those who want to take the warning...great...others..thats fine 2. and idk how i came across as "king of standalones" but w/e
lol see Brian...im not the only internet psycho! lol
I'm not mad at you homie but if you read my original post I only stated that I had a fic and that it was originally wired up wrong , never did I say that my fic was the problem you just assumed that it was the problem . and as far as me being psycho you're a piece of work , I'm suprised you are still here considering all the third degree burns you've received from getting flamed for asking the same stupid question over and over that members have already given you the answers or you get offended because it is not what you want to hear. And now you're talking like you are the new Jeff Tsai or as if you have the most envious turbo setup on the boards running a full Motec system AND YOURE PUSHING 1600 HP AT 7PSI ON PUMP GAS AND 2 BOTTLES OF OCTANE BOOSTER but you have never even posted one pic of your car and you are the king of standalones because no one really pays any attention to you so you are in essence a standalone. So don't play with me HOMIE BECAUSE I WON'T FLAME YOU I WILL CREMATE YOUR BIPOLAR *** now lol on that pimpin

Last edited by smuv gs3; 04-03-09 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-03-09, 03:49 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by smuv gs3
I'm not mad at you homie but if you read my original post I only stated that I had a fic and that it was originally wired up wrong , never did I say that my fic was the problem you just assumed that it was the problem . and as far as me being psycho you're a piece of work , I'm suprised you are still here considering all the third degree burns you've received from getting flamed for asking the same stupid question over and over that members have already given you the answers or you get offended because it is not what you want to hear. And now you're talking like you are the new Jeff Tsai or as if you have the most envious turbo setup on the boards running a full Motec system AND YOURE PUSHING 1600 HP AT 7PSI ON PUMP GAS AND 2 BOTTLES OF OCTANE BOOSTER but you have never even posted one pic of your car and you are the king of standalones because no one really pays any attention to you so you are in essence a standalone. So don't play with me HOMIE BECAUSE I WON'T FLAME YOU I WILL CREMATE YOUR BIPOLAR *** now lol on that pimpin
wow you really are a freak lol not once have i EVER said anything about me being better than anyone else..or my turbo setup being awesome or anything like that. i was just relating my PERSONAL experiences with my (little) experience with the subject. Is that a crime? and fyi the internet psycho thing is more of a inside joke intended for brian...and like i said in my last post..."i was just pointing out the fact that it seems like every car that has a FIC inst working right" and if you seriously think IM the one that thinks they are all that...read your last post "homie"
Old 04-03-09, 03:52 PM
fordsvtmfl
Lexus Test Driver

oh i would like to know what question i have asked "over and over" everyone on here has asked stupid questions, including me but i dont ask the SAME question "OVER AND OVER"
Old 04-03-09, 05:37 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

oh i would like to know what question i have asked "over and over" everyone on here has asked stupid questions, including me but i dont ask the SAME question "OVER AND OVER"
Use the search function on your own threads that you started then you will understand why I made that statement. You have made your point and I have made mine I'm well aware of the fic and its pros and cons but you should think about what you type before you type it and read post carefully before you reply in order to keep chaos down to a minimum
Old 04-03-09, 08:09 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

So did you check out the pump between the posts in this thread? Any word? I'm trying to help you out but I need some feedback about what you found, you didn't respond to my first or second post so......
Old 04-03-09, 08:58 PM
smuv gs3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by macd7919
So did you check out the pump between the posts in this thread? Any word? I'm trying to help you out but I need some feedback about what you found, you didn't respond to my first or second post so......
The pump is working ,I removed the white harness on top of the pump and tried to start the car and it will not turn over once I reconnect the harness the car fires up but it would die out
Old 04-03-09, 08:59 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, this is alot tooo read but my fic runs fine....t60 turbo with 1.3mm hg upgrade and boosting up to 13psi with no problem....it could be alot of things...i installed and tuned the fic at a dyno shopped.. with NO PROBLEM...except form one bad o2 sensor.. but that was an easy fix it..u guys with fic's should try buying the wire harness at boomslang. its plug and play. less hassel...the main thing with turbo is to install it right.. always double or triple chech everything...when i started installing my turbo i had alittle issue with idle.. alot of people said this was not the issue but it was... the 2 primary o2 sensors.. i had 1 sensor welded on cylinder 1 manifold and the 2nd on cylinder 6 manifold and the 3rd on the exhaust down pipe..that took care of alot.. and my car is still running good..still about 15% rough idle but already change the bad o2 sensors already so just need to take it back for final tuning and my car will be 100%......BTW my car is a daily driver....so i'm still happy with the route i went...this is my 2cents... those of u think that the fic is a bad idea...i think u guys are not installing either the turbo or the fic right........
Old 04-03-09, 09:03 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and any local so-cal guys think i'm full of b.s..... u guys are welcome to come see my set-up .......or i'll try to make it to a LOCAL meets... and i mean local

Quick Reply: My car is on strike