Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Reviews on F-sport/Lexus HKS exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-09, 12:26 AM
lowepat
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reviews on F-sport/Lexus HKS exhaust?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. been looking at f-sport exhaust and Lexus HKS exhaust. can't decide at the moment on which one to go with. Both exhaust owners can you share some honest opinions about the exhaust.

any negative side on the exhaust too? thanks in advance..
Old 03-27-09, 12:38 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

This has been covered many times in the past. Search is your friend.

Anyways, here is a very good thread on this subject.
Old 03-27-09, 12:50 AM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

+1 on the search..

I don't own any of the two, but I have heard them in person, they both sound great. It has nice deep tone and not too loud.

If you want loud, go catback like LMS..
Old 03-28-09, 06:47 AM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go w/ the HKS Lexus one..good luck finding one though, they're like gold nowadays
Old 03-28-09, 08:18 AM
gemini1
FNM President

I would agree go with the hks one. But like above thread. Good luck finding one ?????
Old 03-30-09, 01:44 PM
g0tpersian
Rookie

I have the Lexus HKS, and I like it. I added the Megan mid pipe because it wasn't loud enough for me.

I believe the f-sport is louder because of the straight shot in the right pipe or some crap like that. I've heard the f-sport in person and would have to agree that it is actually louder.

If you want loud, get the f-sport. OOORRRRR You can get the Megan exhaust kit, Borla kit, or HKS Hi-Power.
Old 03-30-09, 02:07 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Lexus HKS exhaust... its great. Sometimes i feel its a tad on the quiet side though... thinking about a megan midpipe.

g0tpersian,

Where did you get your mid-pipe, and how much?
Old 03-31-09, 05:49 PM
g0tpersian
Rookie

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
I have the Lexus HKS exhaust... its great. Sometimes i feel its a tad on the quiet side though... thinking about a megan midpipe.

g0tpersian,

Where did you get your mid-pipe, and how much?
Agreed. If I could've done it over, I would've gotten the HKS Hi-Power. Anyway, I got my mid pipe through m1 auto body. I got it for just under $420, which apparently isn't bad for stainless steel.

The mid pipe is nice, but I don't know if just taking off the resonators would've done the deal for me. If I did that, I would still have both sets of cats and not have to worry about a future smog check.

It's up to you what you wanna do. I like the mid pipe. I should've tried no resonators first though to see what it would sound like. If you're looking for more sound, maybe you should try taking off resonators and see if that does it for you. Otherwise, just get the mid pipe.
Old 03-31-09, 06:59 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both exhausts right now and willl be selling the hks lexus exhaust soon. I originally went with the hks lexus exhaust because I wanted something lighter in sound, especially driving around clients or family members but now that I have a second car for that, I wanted a louder exhaust but only by a tad, that's why I got the f-sport now. If you're interested in the hks lexus exhaust, lemme know.
Old 04-03-09, 01:17 PM
g0tpersian
Rookie

Originally Posted by kloh7
I have both exhausts right now and willl be selling the hks lexus exhaust soon. I originally went with the hks lexus exhaust because I wanted something lighter in sound, especially driving around clients or family members but now that I have a second car for that, I wanted a louder exhaust but only by a tad, that's why I got the f-sport now. If you're interested in the hks lexus exhaust, lemme know.
Bro, you would've saved at least $600 if you just got the mid pipe for the Lexus HKS. haha

Isn't the f-sport like $1400?
Old 04-04-09, 12:57 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by g0tpersian
Agreed. If I could've done it over, I would've gotten the HKS Hi-Power. Anyway, I got my mid pipe through m1 auto body. I got it for just under $420, which apparently isn't bad for stainless steel.

The mid pipe is nice, but I don't know if just taking off the resonators would've done the deal for me. If I did that, I would still have both sets of cats and not have to worry about a future smog check.

It's up to you what you wanna do. I like the mid pipe. I should've tried no resonators first though to see what it would sound like. If you're looking for more sound, maybe you should try taking off resonators and see if that does it for you. Otherwise, just get the mid pipe.
ah ok. What do you mean by taking off the resonators?