Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

safcII v.s. emanage ult.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-09, 05:40 AM
silly80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default safcII v.s. emanage ult.

so i just bought my mazzuri headers and ypipe, i'm about to order my ti-c catback , exhaust cam gear, and prob ingen or pro lex intake system. i MIGHT go with a 80mm throttle body conversion. now my question is i cant decide if i should go with the safcII or the emanage ult. i've looked into both of them and price wise the emanage is more. but i'm worried that the emu might be overkill for my na setup. i'm not worried about either of them re learning because its an na setup and my tuner is quite experienced so i'm pretty sure we can tune to avoid that happening. does anyone have experience with either of them and shed some light on the pro's and cons? any input and advice is welcome and thank you in advance!
Old 01-30-09, 12:44 PM
ks1
Rookie

personaly i dont realy care for the Super afc I had one in my 97gsx eclipse with 500hp. there ok for low power and stuff like that but if you plan on going with more power get a wide band 02 so you can tune your self and it makes dyno time alot less of a problem with renting the o2 and the instal time. on a just header and intake i dont see the problem in the afc but would recomend a biger fule pump and maybe injectors im not realy sure if you want to max out the stock ones all the time. the afc tricks the ecu by telling it its not getting enought gas or to much gas witch ever way you ajust it more or less so theres is alot of wireing and i did have my first one burn out for some odd reasion and had to buy a new one. i would rather go stand alone
Old 02-25-09, 01:19 AM
is300chris
Lead Lap

for the mods your doing the safc will be fine, the emanage is over kill for what you are doing.
Old 07-09-11, 03:51 AM
boostedis3
Driver School Candidate

I agree...the S-AFC is even overkill for what you're doing. Most people don't start looking at ECU mods until "real" mods are done. Bolt ons really aren't going to net you much additional power by tinkering with the fuel.
Old 08-01-11, 10:39 AM
itr206
Rookie

agreed on above. Emanage will give you more control as you can do timing and such with the add on harnesses, but honestly it wont make a ton of difference on an NA application. Even an SAFC will likely be negligable. . .maybe another 5-8HP
Old 08-03-11, 07:37 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whos bumping thse old threads?
Old 08-12-11, 07:00 AM
2JZGEPWRD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by baadhabit
probably just someone trying to get their post count up for the marketplace. That would be my guess at least.
Old 08-12-11, 12:29 PM
itr206
Rookie

Are you one of those guys that tells people to search all the time , then gives **** when an old post gets bumped?

lol
Old 08-16-11, 07:08 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by itr206
Are you one of those guys that tells people to search all the time , then gives **** when an old post gets bumped?

lol
A matter of fact I am!!!
Old 11-16-11, 01:02 PM
trbolexis
Driver School Candidate

Search dammit! Lol
Old 12-01-11, 02:04 PM
LucciLou
Driver

Question ?

Whats the SAFCII and is the emange a piggy back right not a stand alone? whats the diff between a piggy back and stand alone?
Old 12-02-11, 06:48 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LucciLou
Whats the SAFCII and is the emange a piggy back right not a stand alone? whats the diff between a piggy back and stand alone?
in simplest terms a "piggy back" piggy backs off the stock computer tricking it to make changes to fuel etc. a "standalone" stands alone or works separate from the stock computer.

the issue with a piggy back on the IS, is the stock computer learns and makes more changes to the changes from the piggy back. so the tune will not be exact all the time. ie constantly changing.
Old 12-02-11, 11:34 AM
LucciLou
Driver

Cool Right on

ok i got you....yeah i dont like that at all i definitely would not get a piggy back in that case....
Old 01-03-12, 12:43 PM
slalomsauc
Driver School Candidate

the issue with a piggy back on the IS, is the stock computer learns and makes more changes to the changes from the piggy back. so the tune will not be exact all the time. ie constantly changing.
Would resetting the ECU revert it back to where it was the you did your piggy back tune, basically undoing the learning. I would assume this to be the cause unless the ECU is quite sophisticated and actually re-writes what it learns to the base map (which I doubt).

Has anyone actually acquired logs to show how the ECU has altered it's parameters after a piggy back tune has been in place for a while?
Old 03-19-12, 07:04 AM
RelaxBrahh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by slalomsauc
Would resetting the ECU revert it back to where it was the you did your piggy back tune, basically undoing the learning. I would assume this to be the cause unless the ECU is quite sophisticated and actually re-writes what it learns to the base map (which I doubt).

Has anyone actually acquired logs to show how the ECU has altered it's parameters after a piggy back tune has been in place for a while?
+1 I am also curious