Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

OEM Motor getting Supra TT GTE Head?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-08, 02:35 AM
OEM Turbo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Motor getting Supra TT GTE Head?

Do people regularly go with the Supra 2JZ-GTE head, harness, and stock twin turbos?

I dont want to hear about my NA-T options, I know this is a possibility.

Thank you.
Old 10-25-08, 02:38 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

No, people usually either NA-T. Or swap the bottom end to GTE to hold more power(still NA-T). Or the third option is to swap the entire GTE engine. No point to bolt a GTE head onto the GE block with weaker rods and pistons. It will look cool, but overall a waste of money unless you upgrade the bottom end as well.
Old 11-13-08, 11:22 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
No, people usually either NA-T. Or swap the bottom end to GTE to hold more power(still NA-T). Or the third option is to swap the entire GTE engine. No point to bolt a GTE head onto the GE block with weaker rods and pistons. It will look cool, but overall a waste of money unless you upgrade the bottom end as well.
you should stop while youre ahead. the 2jzge and 2jzgte bottom ends are identical with respect to internals. the difference is the piston design, oil squirters, and provisions for oil feed and drain for the turbos. please dont misinform people.

you can do a gte head on an NA bottom end with a thicker head gasket. with all that you can run all the gte goodies.

i dont think that would be too cost efficient since it is usually easier to find a whole motor rather then piece stuff together. a good condition gte head, turbos, harness, and other accessories will almost make you want to buy a complete gte motor.