Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Blitz Sonic Power Filter System

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-08, 08:54 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nabbun
nope. will not fit.

that's why i was gonna make a hole.

how much are you getting the parts for?

must be hella expensive now with shipping rates gone up everywhere
yea thats what i though, time to go custon

Umm well i didnt exactly order them just yet, im gettnig the Joe Z pipe first, gonna hang on to that and see how the gains work out, if they are not noticable at all then im gonna get the sonic Power, Good thing is i live in Dubai , so im not getting too bad of a deal, i got quoted $500 + 10% and shipping charges. Rape if u ask me, but ive always wanted it causse it looks badass,

Last edited by ndk83; 11-17-08 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-18-08, 04:17 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
yea thats what i though, time to go custon

Umm well i didnt exactly order them just yet, im gettnig the Joe Z pipe first, gonna hang on to that and see how the gains work out, if they are not noticable at all then im gonna get the sonic Power, Good thing is i live in Dubai , so im not getting too bad of a deal, i got quoted $500 + 10% and shipping charges. Rape if u ask me, but ive always wanted it causse it looks badass,
Nothing you can do to the intake of the 2IS will make a difference that is "noticable" for anything other than sound
Old 11-18-08, 06:21 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dude that thing is so loud and ridiculous it's insane.

Imagine the feeling of your chest plate vibrating your inner organs when standing in front of a loud sound system, it's the same feeling standing in front of Nabbun's car while he was revving lol
Old 11-18-08, 09:56 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol that's exactly what you said at our last meet.

Too bad I didn't get a chance to feel that.
Old 11-19-08, 09:37 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

nabbun

I have one last question...

Do you feel there is a big gain in acceleration after installing this filter on your Lexus IS ?
Old 11-19-08, 06:54 PM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

I felt a gain in braking, turning, acceleration when I slapped on my Volk RE30's with Goodyear F1 Symmetrical

That was before I put this bad boy on.

So, to answer your questionm I would have to say, "I'm not sure."

Maybe a little bit.
Old 11-19-08, 07:45 PM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Since this Filter has Aluminum around it, it won't suite the weather here in the Middle East cause in summer temperature reaches 50c...

As a recommendation of the Japanese Tuner he told me don't install anything on the engine made by metal cause in summer it's going to be under presser and you will lose lots of HP in your car especially acceleration.

Then he told me I can go for this Filter: http://www.blitz-performance.com/ind...roducts_id=454

It's the Sus Power Air Cleaner

This is the chart of Air Cleaner

I'm still studying this situation cause I don't want to install anything that won't give a different....
Old 11-20-08, 03:32 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

i try not to look at graphs and numbers companies send me about their own products.

3rd party is the way to go to get more reliable numbers and graphs
Old 11-20-08, 03:55 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nabbun
I felt a gain in braking, turning, acceleration when I slapped on my Volk RE30's with Goodyear F1 Symmetrical

That was before I put this bad boy on.

So, to answer your questionm I would have to say, "I'm not sure."

Maybe a little bit.
Originally Posted by Emarati_K

I'm still studying this situation cause I don't want to install anything that won't give a different....

The "maybe" he is talking about would be the gain cause of the JOE Z pipe, not the intake, trust me, there have been many threads with many dynos and real-life drag times (search Caymandrive and Gernbys post from a year ago or so), and no SRI intakes showed any improvement. ALot showed loss of ~ 1-3 hp. Everyone on here will back me up. dont beleive manufactures graphs and stuff cause they make ideal conditions that cant ever be replicated in real life

Install the blitz for sound, not for perforamnce. If u want performance ur best bet is to get the Joe Z pipe but u wont get much increase in sound. Nabbun has both Joe Z and Blitz
Old 11-20-08, 04:36 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The "maybe" he is talking about would be the gain cause of the JOE Z pipe, not the intake, trust me, there have been many threads with many dynos and real-life drag times (search Caymandrive and Gernbys post from a year ago or so), and no SRI intakes showed any improvement. ALot showed loss of ~ 1-3 hp. Everyone on here will back me up. dont beleive manufactures graphs and stuff cause they make ideal conditions that cant ever be replicated in real life

Install the blitz for sound, not for perforamnce. If u want performance ur best bet is to get the Joe Z pipe but u wont get much increase in sound. Nabbun has both Joe Z and Blitz

The -stock- intake already provides more air than the engine can use. The only gains to be had at all from an intake are from a smoother path for the air, not a bigger path. The Joe-Z/F-sport type intakes provide that, and show the expected, extremely small (3-5 hp tops on a good day) gains without any of the heatsoak issues of the short rams.

Beyond that better-path 3-5 hp gain the only thing any intake will add to the car is sound.
Old 11-20-08, 05:51 AM
Emarati_K
Lead Lap

Isn't JoeZ manufacturer? They would do the same as HKS, Blitz, F-Sport and others just to sell their products...

Just like when you buy a computer part. ATi and Nvidia each one will prove that they are the best in making graphics card, but both of them will try to prove he is the best while both show same graphics on each PC.

Example:
Lets say both graphics card manufacturer companies made graphics cards that has a memory of 1GB RAM... They both will do the same job in using the memory on the graphics card...

JoeZ and Fujita made Air Intake which sucks smooth and lots of air to your engine and both after they have been tested are giving 5HP gain...

It's just the same and each one of them are trying to say hey get my product it's better cause it's quality, give more HP, sexy looking...etc

and in the end both of them are quality made....
Old 11-20-08, 06:11 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Isn't JoeZ manufacturer? They would do the same as HKS, Blitz, F-Sport and others just to sell their products...

Just like when you buy a computer part. ATi and Nvidia each one will prove that they are the best in making graphics card, but both of them will try to prove he is the best while both show same graphics on each PC.

Example:
Lets say both graphics card manufacturer companies made graphics cards that has a memory of 1GB RAM... They both will do the same job in using the memory on the graphics card...

JoeZ and Fujita made Air Intake which sucks smooth and lots of air to your engine and both after they have been tested are giving 5HP gain...

It's just the same and each one of them are trying to say hey get my product it's better cause it's quality, give more HP, sexy looking...etc

No, Joez is just the intake pipe, using the stock cold air intake box from Lexus OEM, where as other such as Fujita uses a new intake pipe along with a new intake element.

Joez is just an optimize version of the OEM intake pipe except it is made from alloys other than plastic.

Since Joez is complementary with the stock cold air intake box, it is considered a cold air intake when use with the OEM intake box.

When combined with the filter like nabbun, it is considered a short ram.
Old 11-20-08, 06:17 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Example:

No no u cant compare them that way

Joe Z doesnt make an Intake, He makes an Intake Tube. It uses the stock intake airbox .

No other Manufacturer make only a tube (Excpet F sport one), they all make Intakes and CAI at that which suck engine air up. Joes uses the stock airbox and snorkel so its sucking air from the outside. His design is not revolutionary but rather an improvement on lexus' design. You cannot compare HKS , Fujita and blitz to Joes, cause thats like comparing apples to an orange.

Joe Z doesnt advertise that his product is better, rather the Members on this forum have done multiple dynos and drags using different setups. Joe Z's intake tube with the stock airbox performs best. If u do search of PM caymendrive, he can send u his results.

Im not trying to be rude, or bust ur *****, i know ur excited about the intake, but i just dont want u to get disappointed with ur purchase, if u buy, buy it for the right reasons.
Unfortunatly its the same thing with an axel back exhaust.

I too bought the IS with the understanding that i could supe the $h!t out of it. sucks to be us
Old 11-20-08, 06:21 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

^^^ HAHA

I can so see how Emarati K prob thinks we all work for Joe Z,
Old 11-20-08, 07:28 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

If anything, I guess I could dyno/track and do before and after runs to see if it'll make a difference.

I never wanted to dyno the car but, I always wanted to go to the quarter mile track for fun.

Quick Reply: Blitz Sonic Power Filter System