Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Long story but car wont start, any help appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-08, 06:12 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Long story but car wont start, any help appreciated.

this is a lengthy post but you can read aout half way through. any help is appreciated.

OK well im sure no one here knows about this first part but ill quickly talk about that. basicly i was at the track and at the end of my run my clutch petal would stay on the floor. when i pulled it back up it would work fine but then do it a few runs later. didnt really worry about it becasue it was still working just fine. fast forward a few weeks (probably only drove the car a few times) it got worse. started doing it more often and the clutch would engage damn near anytime i moved on the clutch. I rebuilt the clutch slave on the car and it seemed better (firmness) and still didnt get any better. last night i went to the next step and replaced the clutch master. and clutch line(no need but i figure i might as well do it when i have to blead the clutch anyways) with a stainless steal clutch line. blead the system and it felt great! really firm just like it should with a 4 puck stage 3+ clutch.

___________to shorten the post you can start reading below___________
coasted down the driveway in neutral. put the car in gear and barely even moved my foot and the clutch engaged just like it was doing before i went through all of this. i played with it a few times and it got better, didn't engage when i moved my foot just kinda soft exactly like it was before i replaced all this. so anyway i did drive the car from my house to easton about 5-6 miles away. parked the car went inside staples because i needed to ship something out. got back to my car and went to unlock the car, nothing, the key fob wouldn't open it, i used the key to open the car up, got inside and went to turn the key and the car was completely dead, no lights, no dash lighting no nothing. called my dad to come give me a jump and still had nothing at all, wouldn't even crank. tried to push the car and still didn't want to start. the car acted like it wasn't going to start but it kind did for a few seconds. parked the car and started looking at all the fuses ( wasn't sure if possibly the jumper cables were by chance reversed + on the - and - on the +. also the car was charging on jumpers and the windows wouldn't go up. that happens some times right? well i replaced pretty much all my fuses in the main fuse box. the alternator fuse was blown. i checked all the fuses in my side kicker panel and they all seemed fine. went to start the car, got lights, got dash, got everything turned the key and the engine started to turn but wouldn't fire. its getting gas for sure, the starter is working just seems like maby no spark? anyone have any ideas? sorry its long but you kinda need to know the whole story.

im going to remove my HKS F-Con ECU and try to run it on its stock ECU.

also anyone that happens to know about the clutch issue that would also be a great help. im thinking it could be a air in the line also because after i drove it the clutch fluid went down.
Old 08-20-08, 09:15 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the clutch issue is a leaky line, since your clutch fluid went down. Small leaks are hard to diagnose, and it's easier replacing the entire line.

The car not starting, check the main relays, and check for any frayed wires on the harness. It's definitely a short somewhere in the harness.

Seems to me your alternator fuse popped, alternator stopped working, and the car was running off of the battery, and it died.
Old 08-20-08, 05:26 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

He said he replaced the entire line with a SS line. how would it have a leak at the line? lol
Old 08-20-08, 07:55 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

ok guys heres some update on the situation. had 2 of my buddy's both of which are Lexus techs came over to take a look at the car. we tested every fuse, every relay, check the fuel ECU, fuel pressure, spark plugs, coil packs and they all test out fine. car still wont crank. so i got it down to either the or the ECU. ecu should be fine because its sending out power to the coil packs, Ignitor, and fuel pump like it should.

im going to barrow my buddy's ignitor, if it starts i know thats what went out. if it doesn't start ill be replacing my ECU with a apexi Power FC
Old 08-21-08, 07:23 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biggu,
pls post how you setup your PowerFC setup since I've never seen it on a NA or NA-T sc300 .
Old 08-21-08, 08:05 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uhhhhhhh if you read his sig he has a 1JZ................. not an na-t.........
Old 08-21-08, 09:02 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

biggu any updates? just curious what all the gremlins where.
Old 08-22-08, 06:51 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aka paco
biggu any updates? just curious what all the gremlins where.
still no idea, im getting a ignitor sent to me. if that doesn't fix my issue i guess ill be looking for a new ECU. i may just get a OEM one but i cant seem to find one for a decent price. i keep finding them for $250+. if im going to spend that much i might as well put that money towards a stand alone.

i really haven't touched the car since im waiting on the ignitor. its sad to look at the car as being a really heavy paper weight
Old 08-25-08, 04:25 PM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

well im almost positive its the ecu, im getting ready to man up and order a AEM EMS for a Supra TT and a patch harness.
Old 08-30-08, 07:57 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

well guys, i replaced the ignitor and what do you know the car lives agian!!! now to re tackle that clutch master. guy said it was brand new but is leaking from under the reservoir because the reservoir is loose.