Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > Performance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Official Exhaust thread (Members please help)

Old 04-20-11, 12:45 PM   #31
peterhx123
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

What about M2 performance and OBX exhausts?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
peterhx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-11, 10:33 PM   #32
vincerulz
Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Nice work there =)

I want to know which one is louder Greddy or Tanabe ?
vincerulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 05:39 PM   #33
vincerulz
Driver
Trader Score: (2)

Found those Exhaust Video clip

LEXON Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmSymuFR3sM

BLITZ Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahWQSfPZ6Ow

SURUGA Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3e-cy9B_XA

INGS+ Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf9wLGNA6uM

WALD Exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdAYNIVcnss
vincerulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-11, 03:07 PM   #34
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

Send a message via AIM to RocketGuy3

The thread title says "exhaust/intake", so I'm going to ask this question here even though I don't see any info about intakes. I'm trying to decide between the JoeZ intake pipe and the F-Sport intake, or maybe even get the JoeZ pipe with the F-Sport intake box only.

Does anyone have any info on how the JoeZ intake pipe compares to the F-Sport intake pipe performance-wise? Is there any measurable gain of having the F-Sport intake box and high-flow filter? Or is that advantage mostly about the sound?

Finally, Sewell's description mentions that the high-flow filter can be cleaned and re-used. How often do you have to clean it? And what's the procedure to do so?

Thanks in advance for the tips.
"Extras": Sapphire Black AME Tracer FS-01's, 18x8.5" & 18x9.0" | Tein CS coilovers with EDFC | F-Sport Sway Bars | FIGS 90-durometer front LCA bushings | HKS Hi-Power exhaust | Joe-Z intake pipe | GFX front lip | Red-out tail lights | Huper Optik 30% all around | Vaistech SLI iPod integration
Next up: Just some paint and body work, and then she is COMPLETE
RocketGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 04:47 PM   #35
freeflight
Driver

I like this thread, lots of informative videos.
Old 07-27-11, 05:04 PM   #36
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Apok-C
Send a message via AIM to ApokC

@ ROCKETGUY3 - Both are virtually the same, Joe-Z comes in 3 finishes though and I believe the Joe-Z is cheaper

I personally have Joe-Z intake, HKS drop-in filter, Invidia Midpipe, F Sport Exhaust
2006 MRM IS350 - F Sport Exhaust/Invidia Midpipe/Joe-Z Intake/Megans EZ Coilovers/Seibon CF Hood and Trunk/HKS Air Filter/Hacked Navi/8k Garax Lowbeams/ 8k HID Fogs/6k HID DRLs/Red Interior Lights/Red Footwells + Rear Footwells/Red Puddle Lights/Red Vanity/Red Calipers/Smoked Taillights/Black Rims/Black Emblems/Black Grill/Black Window Trim/CF Interior Trim + Steering Wheel/2 12" Subs

Mixes: http://soundcloud.com/sector7dnb
ApokC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-11, 05:05 PM   #37
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Apok-C
Send a message via AIM to ApokC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUj9r...el_video_title
2006 MRM IS350 - F Sport Exhaust/Invidia Midpipe/Joe-Z Intake/Megans EZ Coilovers/Seibon CF Hood and Trunk/HKS Air Filter/Hacked Navi/8k Garax Lowbeams/ 8k HID Fogs/6k HID DRLs/Red Interior Lights/Red Footwells + Rear Footwells/Red Puddle Lights/Red Vanity/Red Calipers/Smoked Taillights/Black Rims/Black Emblems/Black Grill/Black Window Trim/CF Interior Trim + Steering Wheel/2 12" Subs

Mixes: http://soundcloud.com/sector7dnb
ApokC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 03:55 PM   #38
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Send a message via AIM to RocketGuy3

Thanks, ApokC.
"Extras": Sapphire Black AME Tracer FS-01's, 18x8.5" & 18x9.0" | Tein CS coilovers with EDFC | F-Sport Sway Bars | FIGS 90-durometer front LCA bushings | HKS Hi-Power exhaust | Joe-Z intake pipe | GFX front lip | Red-out tail lights | Huper Optik 30% all around | Vaistech SLI iPod integration
Next up: Just some paint and body work, and then she is COMPLETE
RocketGuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-11, 05:28 PM   #39
Rash
-75lbs

Since it's all about exhausts so far, I changed the title name.
Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 11:08 AM   #40
leet
Driver School Candidate

JustaSunGod
Default F-Sport and Gas Mileage

Hey all,

I scanned all posts/paged in this thread for information on the Lexus F-Sport Exhaust and don't see much other than the cost.

I'm not so interested in the noise level as I know it's loud, and in general HP increases 2-12, but what about gas mileage? Is this impacted for the better or the worse?

My 2011 came with 3300 miles and I now have 4500 and seem to be averaging 20-21mpg with a heavy foot here and there with the Power switched On..

Would this be considered normal?

Lee
leet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 03:17 PM   #41
g2IS350
Driver School Candidate

CL,

So here's my question, after installing a new exhaust is there a "Break-in" period such as a wait time or certain number of miles? Or just open it up and hear the roar!
g2IS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-12, 04:57 PM   #42
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

DUOMAX79

Quote:
Originally Posted by g2IS350 View Post
CL,

So here's my question, after installing a new exhaust is there a "Break-in" period such as a wait time or certain number of miles? Or just open it up and hear the roar!
The only break in period if for our ECU's to learn. I noticed about 250 or so miles then my car became a hauler. I really enjoy opening up my car on the highway and do notice a BIG difference in throttle response and how the car just pushes! Love my mids and catback!
SiskoMax77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-12, 04:43 AM   #43
mlooook
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to mlooook

Any updates guys??

waiting to hear from Greddy owners??
mlooook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 08:55 PM   #44
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Okay, I know that there are many threads regarding exhaust, but thought I would chime in on this one. I have done some learning through trial and error. I have an '06 IS350 and bought the Tanabe Medallion axle back. I liked it, but it wasn't loud enough for me. Not able to find a deal on a mid pipe set, I opted for a resonator delete at a local muffler shop ($40). This sounded good under acceleration, but gave me a horrible drone at 2k rpm at highway speeds. After looking for a couple of months, I was able to scoop up an Invidia mid pipe from JB Autosports for $300. Installed it last week and couldn't believe the difference. Really quiet at idle and low RPMs, but gets super aggressive when I get on it. Has a low pitched rasp, under acceleration, which I would place somewhere between a ricer and a Ferrari. Hard to explain, but so much better than the Tanabe axle back alone, or the resonator delete. In my opinion, a perfect combo. Total cost of my setup was $950. No check engine light (been an issue for some after the cat delete) after a week with the mid pipes installed, and have my fingers crossed. Love it so far!
Old 08-05-12, 07:58 PM   #45
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Michael Hoff TheHoffReport

Happy to hear that it sounds similar to a Ferrari. I have a resonator delete with my HKS and I get some serious rasp at WOT. One of the reasons I am searching for a deal on a midpipe.
Old 08-05-12, 07:58 PM

Tags
borla, code, dyno, exhaust, is300, luxurymotorworks, megan, mile, mufflers, pipe, promo, quarter, results, review, sc300