Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

VSC and VSC Off Lights - Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-12, 06:13 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just do your ecu i went thru rebuilding his throttle body for nothing threw my ecu in and the car ran great so we ordered the ecu nice to have two of the same cars to help trouble shot.
Old 10-18-12, 06:16 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have a buddy with a 98-03 gs then pop his ecu out throw it in yours just take the chip out of his key and put it into your key so it starts. bet this is your problem
Old 10-18-12, 10:21 PM
ffrecovery
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can someone please tell me how to start a new thread
Old 10-18-12, 10:26 PM
ffrecovery
Driver School Candidate

Default vsc and ecb lights

I need some help please this sounds so stupid i put new brake pads on the front of a 2006 gs 430 and after done i crunk the car pumped the pedal and left the driveway when i noticed that the pedal was real hard and the vsc and ecb sayn check these in the message center the traction controll light is on the brake light is on and the abs light on and several others symbols flashing i have drove car all day nothing has changed and just noticed my power windows arent working only driverside

any ideas about this problem
Old 10-19-12, 12:29 AM
islexusred
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tom steele
just do your ecu i went thru rebuilding his throttle body for nothing threw my ecu in and the car ran great so we ordered the ecu nice to have two of the same cars to help trouble shot.
whats funny is when engine vsc and vsc off light pop up, everything goes back to normal after resetting the ECU till when the RPM reaches 4k and same story all over again. so u think its the actual edu not the throttle motor? if so how/when do i reflash it?
Old 10-19-12, 09:41 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well..not trying to be a ****, but this thread has now been thoroughly jacked...Can I kindly suggest that the comments regarding brakes and non-limp mode issues be removed and perhaps new threads started. Anyone clicking on this thread now wont see posts about the Limp Mode problem, and theres been a lot of help on this thread over the years for people with that specific problem.
Old 10-19-12, 09:59 AM
islexusred
Pole Position

Originally Posted by az-dave
Well..not trying to be a ****, but this thread has now been thoroughly jacked...Can I kindly suggest that the comments regarding brakes and non-limp mode issues be removed and perhaps new threads started. Anyone clicking on this thread now wont see posts about the Limp Mode problem, and theres been a lot of help on this thread over the years for people with that specific problem.
agree! use the search bar
Old 10-20-12, 02:46 PM
SlvrSrfr04
Driver School Candidate

ok. Ive already spent 350 on the throttle control motor and unfortunately it didnt resolve my issue. Does anyone know how to test the resistance on the sensors to find out which on may be bad instead of spending money on parts i don't need?
Old 10-20-12, 05:11 PM
islexusred
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SlvrSrfr04
ok. Ive already spent 350 on the throttle control motor and unfortunately it didnt resolve my issue. Does anyone know how to test the resistance on the sensors to find out which on may be bad instead of spending money on parts i don't need?
$350? where did u buy the part? geek part sells it for $190 check it out
http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/199...rol_valve.html
Old 10-22-12, 12:42 PM
SlvrSrfr04
Driver School Candidate

unfortunately im working on a fast time frame...so i did the worst thing imaginable...I went straight to Lexus and got raped.

Either way, I replaced the TCM and no luck. I tested the TPS and APPS, both tested fine with my meter set at 20K ohm. Now im stuck, i cleaned the TB out and don't really feel like spending more money than i have to. I know at this point, it gets interesting but right now Im open to any suggestions. I using the "two heads are better than one" method right now so feel free to chime in.

Last edited by SlvrSrfr04; 10-22-12 at 05:43 PM. Reason: addition to post
Old 10-22-12, 06:25 PM
SlvrSrfr04
Driver School Candidate

^^^^^ also, is there a way to clean the TPS and is there a certain adjustment the TPS has to be screwed back on cause like a dumbass i didnt mark where the orginal placement was when i took it off to get to the TCM.
Old 10-23-12, 09:17 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

The TPS has to be adjusted when the car is fully warm, and you basically adjust it to where the idle is around 650rpm +/1 50rpm.

If you try to adjust it not all the way warm then you will have non-stop problems. You may throw a code between now and driving car to fully warm, but once warm adjust it, then go to auto store and use the code reader to clear all codes.

^^^^^ also, is there a way to clean the TPS and is there a certain adjustment the TPS has to be screwed back on cause like a dumbass i didnt mark where the orginal placement was when i took it off to get to the TCM.
Old 10-23-12, 09:19 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

hey islexusred - Did you ever get your revving RPM sorted out? was it the control motor?

Originally Posted by islexusred
$350? where did u buy the part? geek part sells it for $190 check it out
http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/199...rol_valve.html
Old 10-23-12, 09:24 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Slvr: - What are your exact symptoms? Also Make/Model/Yr ?

As for testing the Accel Pedal sensor, I believe its a Hall-Effect type of sensor, and I believe in order to test it properly it requires to be hooked up while everything is powered up. That being said, its very possible its the Acel Pedal Sensor.

Did you go to Auto Store and have exact codes pulled? My suggestion: reset the ECU using handheld code reader. Then Drive until the issue happens, then go to Auto store and read codes, and write them all down.

It seems tedious but ive now learned without the codes, its just impossible to work on these cars, but with the codes, your usually able to fix pretty fast.

Also...3-4 yrs ago Lexus refused to sell the TCM alone, so even though you got raped on that part, at least you didnt buy the entire TB from them for $1.4K :-)

hop to hear back from you.

unfortunately im working on a fast time frame...so i did the worst thing imaginable...I went straight to Lexus and got raped.

Either way, I replaced the TCM and no luck. I tested the TPS and APPS, both tested fine with my meter set at 20K ohm. Now im stuck, i cleaned the TB out and don't really feel like spending more money than i have to. I know at this point, it gets interesting but right now Im open to any suggestions. I using the "two heads are better than one" method right now so feel free to chime in.
Old 10-23-12, 10:20 AM
islexusred
Pole Position

Originally Posted by az-dave
hey islexusred - Did you ever get your revving RPM sorted out? was it the control motor?
not yet! money is kinda tight if u know what i mean. but someone told me its most likely the ECU than need to be reflashed . any suggestion ?

Quick Reply: VSC and VSC Off Lights - Limp Mode