Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

VSC and VSC Off Lights - Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-10, 04:37 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Just turn it off, leave it for a few hours and start it up. Turn it off, then start it again. Lol...that's what made mine turn off. No problems since.
Old 02-25-10, 04:56 PM
redgs300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem. When the engine got read it showed it was the throttle body so i replaced it. Now my vsc, vsc off, and abs light are on. I took them to a lexu dealer and they told me its the brake solenoid and 2 abs sensors but they told me to not even bother fixing it because it is expensive and the only problem I will have is not having abs brakes.. which to me is fine to be honest
Old 02-25-10, 05:23 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
Just turn it off, leave it for a few hours and start it up. Turn it off, then start it again. Lol...that's what made mine turn off. No problems since.

I havent turned it on since this morning, I'm hoping that you are right man, Im praying

I just left it in the snow infront of my building
Old 02-25-10, 07:35 PM
BklynJay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kosi718
I havent turned it on since this morning, I'm hoping that you are right man, Im praying

I just left it in the snow infront of my building
Hey fellow Brooklyn'er! I had mine fixed. Two month and half to save cash than stealership. Look at my previous post in this thread. My mechanic who works for Lexus can help you out if you want. PM me if the problem persist.
Old 02-28-10, 06:35 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

ok here's the update, I had a PRETTY bad night last night,

but first and foremost, I did what I saw many say, and I disconnected the battery for a little while and reconnected it, it reset the ECU. The VSC and VSC off and CEL were off.

SO the other day with all of the shoveling I guess I damaged my tire and I ended up getting a flat, so worst came to worst when the VSC off CEL and VSC lights ALL popped on while I was in a predicament of having a total flat tire.

last night was pretty horrible
Old 02-28-10, 10:04 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

4 years ago My ABS VSC and VSC OFF and CEL lights came on randomly (this was before my Throttle Body Prob). This would happen at random, and they would go away when I turned off car.

Then one day a really horrible screeching sound like an alarm started sounding while the lights would come on.

Lexus could NOT identify a code or source of the problem.

a month later screeching sound on, and Brakes completely Non-Responsive, I used tranny in 2nd and 1st and Ebrake to slow down.

It was the ABS controller on the F!@n master cylinder module.

If you think you have this problem, get it fixed now before your doing 65 or 70 on a winding mountain road.

Originally Posted by redgs300
I had the same problem. When the engine got read it showed it was the throttle body so i replaced it. Now my vsc, vsc off, and abs light are on. I took them to a lexu dealer and they told me its the brake solenoid and 2 abs sensors but they told me to not even bother fixing it because it is expensive and the only problem I will have is not having abs brakes.. which to me is fine to be honest
Old 02-28-10, 10:06 PM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Im confused...

Why arent you fixing it? Its one of 3 parts. ???

Originally Posted by kosi718
ok here's the update, I had a PRETTY bad night last night,

but first and foremost, I did what I saw many say, and I disconnected the battery for a little while and reconnected it, it reset the ECU. The VSC and VSC off and CEL were off.

SO the other day with all of the shoveling I guess I damaged my tire and I ended up getting a flat, so worst came to worst when the VSC off CEL and VSC lights ALL popped on while I was in a predicament of having a total flat tire.

last night was pretty horrible
Old 03-01-10, 12:45 AM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Originally Posted by az-dave
Im confused...

Why arent you fixing it? Its one of 3 parts. ???

??

when did I ever say Im not gonna fix it? this happened last night
no mechanics were open today, Sunday
Old 03-02-10, 06:07 AM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Update,

Yesterday I reset the ECU again so that I can atleast drive the car to the mechanic without having to floor the accelerator
But by time I got to the mechanic, the lights didn't come back on, and when he ran the diagnosis nothing was showing.

the Mechanic said its most likely the throttle body because usually when he does a GS with the same symptoms, its the throttle body that needs replacing.

I left the car with them so that they could figure it out when the lights come back on
Old 03-07-10, 10:29 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

UPDATE: I bought a throttle body with all sensors and motor off ebay parted out from a 98 LS400.... when I got it it looked PRETTY damn clean looks like it just came from the factory.

I dropped off the part to my mechanic and hopefully he gets it up and running
Initially I asked him what parts I should replace, and then thats why he said I should get the whole assembly and not parts here and there hoping it fixes the problem...

So my fingers are crossed for tomorrow morning.
Old 03-08-10, 11:12 AM
krazyl3gz
Driver

Great so while driving over the weekend. I was driving and lost all power...pretty much all the lights came on and I lost power steering. Re-cranked it, car started fine, no lights were still on. Same thing happened about 5 blocks later after a stop.

Lexus so far can't find anything wrong with it. They said it may be related to my aftermarket sound system but I don't even keep that thing cranked up? The voltage can't be dropping that low...

Any suggestions?
Old 03-08-10, 07:02 PM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

the car died? well you may have to search because that doesnt seem like the same thing.

Maybe alternator going bad
Old 03-09-10, 12:32 AM
krazyl3gz
Driver

This is about 3 weeks after I had the TPS replaced so I don't know if it's related or not. They checked the alternator and battery and they are running fine...
Old 03-12-10, 11:25 AM
az-dave
Lead Lap

Kosi718 - Sounds like you did what I did, getting an entire Throttbel Body, however I took the part off that I needed from the replacement.

It takes about 1 hour to swap out the entire TB, and it does leak a tad bit of Coolant - hopefully your not paying too much to the Mechanic.

crazyl3 - The Throttle Body and TPS CAN cause the engine to stall due to the TPS not being adjusted properly..Im betting this happened while you were in Drive, Stopped at a light ?

get the TPS adjusted to have at least 600-650 (700 Max) RPM While Idling in DRIVE - after the engine is nice and very warm.

Im betting your old TPS wasnt really bad....???
Old 03-12-10, 11:53 AM
KingNasGS4
Instructor

Originally Posted by az-dave
Kosi718 - Sounds like you did what I did, getting an entire Throttbel Body, however I took the part off that I needed from the replacement.

It takes about 1 hour to swap out the entire TB, and it does leak a tad bit of Coolant - hopefully your not paying too much to the Mechanic.
well like ive mentioned before my mechanic is a master tech that opened his own shop. he said that hes run into the problem many times. So I trust his judgement on this one.

Ive brought so many customers to him and built a great relationship with him so all he wanted was a 6 pack of beer for tbe labor.
I paid about 300 for the throttle body w/ sensors and motor.
so thats all that really came out my pockets.

Im just keeping my fingers crossed hoping that this totally s
olved the problem. the car is running great right about now and is idling a bit smoother.

Quick Reply: VSC and VSC Off Lights - Limp Mode