Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MY 01 GS300 Going Manual Now!

Old 06-25-11, 07:47 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by adamgamz
I just dropped in a JSPEC motor..
so is the jspec motor still just the stock jdm motor or did you do some work to it? sucks to lose two motors man....thats for sure
Old 06-25-11, 07:50 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

100% stock, just the Billet 76 and fuel system
Old 06-25-11, 07:59 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

i c...any plans to build this one?
Old 06-25-11, 08:02 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Who knows what the future holds, I guess if the motor lets go I will but with me pushing 19 psi it shouldn't fail. I'm not thrilled about runing methanol injection, race gas, and there are no E85 stations close by so 93 octane it it for me. I'm happy with 550 - 600 RWHP daily.
Old 06-27-11, 06:17 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool Adam. Glad it stable as your DD.
Give us a video with you pulling through the gears if you have a second..
Old 07-15-11, 02:51 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Just to let everyone know I'm parting out lots of items, sold the 6 speed, up for sale is the Haltech, OS Giken twin disk, HKS DLI, Fuel system, Chrome GTE engine parts, Precision 76 Billet turbo, Tital wastegate, etc... I have a for sale thread in the classifieds.
Old 07-15-11, 08:13 PM
TRBOSQRL
Rookie

Adam pm on the haltech I am very interested in some parts I have 01 gs300 vvti 5 speed I live in fwb ,fl,
Old 04-16-13, 11:19 AM
kamshaft
Rookie

Its been awhile since I've updated, Rick has just installed a OS Giken twin disk with a 6 speed tranny, we had to modify the transmission mount, purchase and modify the 6 speed driveshaft as well as the shifter tripod and linkage. The shifter is a B+M type short shifter, right now Rick is extending it out as it's too short to clear the GS300 tunnel / center console.

that turned out absolutely beautiful! i want to eventually do the gte swap but for now i want to swap the v160 what pedal assembly did you use/modify?
Old 04-16-13, 11:21 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

damn im so jelly
Old 04-16-13, 11:44 AM
kamshaft
Rookie

My GS300 is getting the next round of mods, I installed the GTE bottom end in my garage along with the intercooler, meth, PTE74mm turbo, Supra headgasket, valve body and some 440cc injectors with a Walbro and a fuel pressure regulator. The 440's were pretty much all the stock GS300 ECU can handle with the MAP ECU, although it was fun it was certainly not enough. I picked up a Haltech from Kean and was referred to Rick @ Speedtech for the install by ZGAD. Initally I was just planning on doing the Haltech but that turned into removing the cams and machining / installing GTE Cams, reworking the head, and going with the R154 to handle the extra power. I thought about going built auto but those stock built auto's break all the time plus for about the same money I could go R154, down the road I can easily upgrade to V160 too. I'm pleased to post up these photos, it was a real bear of a job getting the pedal in / clutch master installed / pedal box installed but Rick pulled it off, Ricks a full time NASA engineer and after seeing some of his custom work at his part time shop I knew this was the guy to pull of one of the only manual GS300's in the country. We have a bit more to go, make a custom intake manifold, make the IC pipes, install the 1000cc injectors and twin Walbro's, tuning, along with customize / extend the shifter position to fit the GS but this should be wrapped up this month!

none of the pics showed up for me of course they were posted like 5 years ago lol id love to see a couple of under the dash and master . this was my projegt up until i was passed down this gs300 http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...ld-281735.html im also 19 so its not to intense yet
Old 04-17-13, 08:19 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

My car is no longer a 6 speed, I sold off the V160 and installed a stage 3 SP400 with trans brake and I added a Gear Vendors overdrive unit so now it's a 6 speed manually shifted automatic with a B+M reverse ratchet shifter. I didn't like the 6 speed for a few reasons. #1 the shifter had to be made extra long to clear our tall center console, I had to take 2 stock 6 speed shifters and weld them into one unit. #2 the shift boot looked like crap, #3 I didn't like the pedal placement, the clutch pedal is spaced further away than the brake and gas pedal, #4 I didn't want to deal with $5,000 Tilton Clutches to support my power levels, plus I didn't want to deal with having those light pedal grippy clutches that chatter and have to be slipped like hell from a stop light, it's no fun driving one of those on the street daily, and #5 I wanted to go fast in the 1/4 mile. The TH400 is by far the best transmission set up I've had, and I've had all of them.

The other day I was boosting 30 psi and floated a valve, the keepers popped loose and the valve dropped down into the cylinder. I just pulled the head and I'm now upgrading to high performance springs, keepers, valves, and retainers. Also doing the ARP Head studs, and stainless steel valves.

The TH400 looks like stock.

Bent Valve

Old 04-17-13, 01:05 PM
kamshaft
Rookie

when you had a 6 speed what pedal assembly did you use? do you still have it? maybe get rid of lol i dont have the money for a gte swap but i so bad just want a manual i can do all of the fab work needed but just curious i havnt seen alot of 2nd gen manual write ups any for that matter they were all so old that no pics showed up. here is my previous/current build

http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...ld-281735.html
Old 04-17-13, 01:07 PM
kamshaft
Rookie

also did your etc and vsc still work first thing i do is turnoff the vsc anyway lolso doesnt really matter haha just curious
Old 04-17-13, 01:10 PM
kamshaft
Rookie

also mine is a 2000 gs3 platinum ed and has no spoiler it liiks kindof plain what wing is the one u have?

Old 04-17-13, 05:46 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

I don't think that will work, I just used all IS300 parts. No I don't have them anymore. Go on myis forums and it has a list on the 6 speed conversion parts list.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MY 01 GS300 Going Manual Now!