Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

MY 01 GS300 Going Manual Now!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-10, 10:17 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by speeder
Well, Adam left with a big smile on his face today, then called to say that he was kicking a Lingenfelter Corvettes's *** with 3 people in the car when the used OSG clutch started slipping.

The car is a real animal, but very easy to drive under light load/around town -The six speed's gear ratios with the GS430 rear are perfect! Clutch has a soft, progressive pedal, and we have worked out some tuning/drivability issues with the 1000cc injectors.

Adam, Told you I was nervous about that clutch... Gimme a call Monday.
shame on u adam....after all this u cheaped up and bought a used OSG clutch, now you gonna have to tear her open again and replace it.

lol....glad u got mostly everything worked out though u two
Old 02-08-10, 10:27 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey guys, yea the GS300 is back home! Man it's so much fun, I recently picked up a 8,000 original mile Supra 6 speed and thought hard about keeping it and selling the GS300 off but I couldn't bring myself to do it, I just plan to resell the Supra for a profit and keep the Lexus. I don't know what happened when we installed that 6 speed but the car now accelerates much quicker, it never spinned the tires like it does now, those 285's on the rear just don't get traction at all through 3rd gear. I have to replace the rear stock brakes today as they're down to the metal and play with the tune for around town driving. But right now I'm very happy with the feel of the car at 1.2 Bar on pump gas, it's an animal!
Old 02-08-10, 11:08 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sakataj
shame on u adam....after all this u cheaped up and bought a used OSG clutch, now you gonna have to tear her open again and replace it.

lol....glad u got mostly everything worked out though u two
Yea will nothing wrong with buying a used clutch, I should have bought the rebuild kit for $800.00, thats the next thing, I have a lift so it only takes 3-4 hours to change the clutch out. It hasn't slipped on me today, It only slipped on the highway with 3 big guys in the car, I need to run it with just me in it and see how it does.
Old 02-08-10, 12:58 PM
Baliztik
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the Supra! I wish I could get my hands on one. If you're going to sell, keep it for later, when they're even more rare.
Old 02-08-10, 01:33 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

The Supra is such a low mileage clean example I couldn't bring myself to modify it, for a 16 year old car it's like new. With that said I won't be happy with a 400HP car, so the Supra will go and the Lexus will get a cosmetic makeover. Mechanically is 99% done, I still need to do the IAC motor, install my clutch rebuild kit hat I just ordered, and a few other small things. In not too long I plan to pull the motor, paint the car black with the motor out and chrome / polish the engine bay as well as coat the turbo kit / downpipe. I also have a double DIN LCD touchscreen / GPS to install.
Old 02-08-10, 09:16 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Wow i JUST found this thread and i have to say it is amazing. Very nice GS mann. Cant wait for pics and more updates, definitely keeping my eyes on this
Old 02-08-10, 09:36 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus
Forum Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

man, your GS sounds like fun

niiiice build
Old 02-09-10, 05:34 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Unbelievable Adam!!! Hypothetically if someone said for $6K they can do a complete 6MT swap in my GS4 I would definitely choose this OVER FI!!! The car does make plenty of power - just utilize that power better. Many miss this point and just throw more and more money at the engine (power). There are more ways to skin a cat! lol

Keep up the great work!
Old 02-17-10, 05:06 AM
cloead
Driver

amazing. .
Old 02-17-10, 05:56 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Unbelievable Adam!!! Hypothetically if someone said for $6K they can do a complete 6MT swap in my GS4 I would definitely choose this OVER FI!!! The car does make plenty of power - just utilize that power better. Many miss this point and just throw more and more money at the engine (power). There are more ways to skin a cat! lol

Keep up the great work!
For sure, I'm so happy with this car now, it is a pure joy to drive on the street, I took my kids to school and they were like... WOW that feels like a roller coaster!!, when I laid in it in 3rd gear lol... My neighbor has a Lamborghini Murciaglo and he want's no part of my Lexus after taking him for a ride. I was trying to get him to run me over the local brige we have here. My other neighbor has a GT500, maybe I'll work on him.

Last night I went for pizza and the tires broke free doing 80MPH in 3rd gear, I'm not ready to buy new tires just yet.
Old 02-17-10, 06:21 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car makes us all very envious... keep up the great work.

OT
What color combo is the supra with 8k?
Old 02-17-10, 07:52 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Its red on tan. It's a real blast to drive. I need to work out a few bugs, my stock blower motor stopped working, hopefully I'll have time to give it a detail soon and take some pics.
Old 02-17-10, 10:51 AM
3UZFTE
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love a Supra, but sheeeiit, lets face it. You are basically driving a 4 door supra, just as pimp as a Supra, well not as pimp. But like you said, I would baby the hell out of an 8k Supra, but not so much my GS3. Either way bro, YOU can't lose!
Old 02-17-10, 11:28 AM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

Here are a few newer videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEjH_Btit_c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVb_JineN-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I70KDgIiUN8
Old 08-21-10, 04:40 PM
adamgamz
Lead Lap

It's been awhile since I updated this thread, my car was dyno'd at 630 RWHP at 24 psi, I was really happy with that power on stock head / intake, I finally got all of the bugs worked out and it's running really nice now with the cold start / IAC tuned perfect. Today I decided to tear down the engine and replace the water pump as it's making some noise, while I'm in there I'm going to change the valve stem seals and clean up the engine / chrome / poilish just about everything while I have it all removed.

Quick Reply: MY 01 GS300 Going Manual Now!