Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo/Supercharger for IS 300

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-02, 09:19 AM
OCIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

..devil dog..how much hp is that is300 pushing..how many psi?....what clutch are you using?.....did you modify the clutch to let the pedal come up faster?...change the fltwheel?....just curious....how bad did ya have to hack the bumper support for the intercooler?...or is it totaly out of the car?.....the kit looks clean......Jeff [/B][/QUOTE]

I will get the official numbers on Thursday after the dyno. The clutch and flywheel are still stock. I have not found a company that is sells either item. The intercooler is tied to the 5mph bumper.

did you modify the clutch to let the pedal come up faster?...
Are you refering to the helper spring?
Attached Thumbnails Turbo/Supercharger for IS 300-srtsc5.jpg  
Old 02-05-02, 09:28 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

theres a lighter flywheel and clutch assembly i know you can use....
the intercooler is below the 5mph bumper?...must be a very small intercooler....
not the helper spring but the proportioning valve......tell me more about the car......how much was the kit?..how many psi?...fuel upgrades?...ignition upgrades?.....how does it feel?...taking it to the track?...it looks good so far just seems like a pretty small intercooler.... Jeff
Old 02-05-02, 09:54 AM
OCIS
Rookie

Please give me the name of the company with the clutch and flywheel. The intercooler is really small. It was made to fit there without any modifications. Is the proportioning valve over the backside of the drivers frender well? Mo gave me a deal on the set up. I think the price is higher now. I have 440 RC injectors and stock ignition. I think it is running at 61/2 psis right now. As far as how it feels. It is a blast. I keep missing the registration cut offs for the local autoxs. They fill up in a day to two days out here. I going to a time trials at Buttonwillow on the 24th though.
Old 02-05-02, 12:15 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

the clutch is off the n/a supra...flywheel....flywheel bolts....clutch from clutchmasters for a n/a supra......and the fork from the n/a supra...your factory flywheel weighs about 31lb....the factory supra n/a is about 18lb.....i have confirmed totaly this will work but looking at the parts it loooks like it will bolt right up.....

as for the valve...its on the drivers side in front of the resiviour for clutch fluid....theres a filter looking thing in the clutch fluid line.....that has a one way valve inside of it......it restricts the rebound of the clutch.....making it feel kinda mushy...if you open it up and remove the spring and pieces inside of it it will be alot more responsive...let me know if ya do it...Jeff
Old 02-05-02, 12:28 PM
OCIS
Rookie

Thanks for the info. appreciate it.
Old 02-05-02, 03:05 PM
Wally
Driver

Angry

Thanks SC, I think I can read the mags, but pay attention...I think you missed my point. Their website is horrible. I did not say anything about their ability, as I am aware that they make some wicked sh*, stuff. I lived in SFL for 7 years, so very familiar, thanks. A little self promotion (via an electronic medium) would be great!!

Trying to decide to roadtrip to Swift Racing or Toyomoto this summer with my bro's new IS3...both about the same distance from us.
Old 02-06-02, 05:49 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

do you want real power..or just a little power?... as far as the web site....ill see what he can do for ya to make ya happy...Jeff
Old 02-06-02, 06:15 AM
benzy230
Driver

Hey jeff. Why is the toyomoto kit so much more than the PHR kit that they offer. PHR says that they normally get 450 rwhp out of there kit. Thats what the stage 2 of toyomoto's gets...and its 15k. Thanks!
Old 02-06-02, 06:49 AM
soyb0mb
Driver

Ask PHR how many of their cars are on the road, and trouble free... I havent heard a thing.
Old 02-06-02, 10:42 PM
RIIS300
Driver School Candidate

Power house's kits are working fine. I just spoke with them the other day. - Now as far as the supercharger thing goes...... yea superchargers can give you some power, but they are not efficient...... you don't have to take my word on it, look in some of the past Turbo, Sport Compact Car, Import Tuner, ect, when they had articals comparing the 2. Every time they always reccomend the turbo kit. Its efficient, it dosen't add extra drag through using pullys and is easily upgradeable to any hp needs.

Now as far as why Toyomoto charges so much (15K) its becuase they got press.....nothing more nothing less......xs dosn't have thier kit out yet, but talk has it that it will run 8K. **** 8K + a set of rods + Pistons + Labor from XS will still be a **** load less then 15K and you'll most likely hit higher HP.
Old 02-07-02, 07:06 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

i havent seen any running PHR car yet...and 450hp from a basic kit isnt gonna happen...
Toyomoto prices have to do with what you get in the kit...has nothing to do with press...nothing....a stage 2 toyomoto is 15k installed.....a stage 1 is 8.5k installed...with boost controller and everything.......
also a toyomoto is300 is comming out with stock pistons...rods...and a head gasket making over 500rwhp..almost finished......
so prove to me PHR has cars running..or even 1 car running and ill be impressed.....Jeff
Old 02-07-02, 12:02 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

not to be skeptical or doubt jarrets skills(cause PHR is a amazing tuning comp.) but we need to see a PHR IS and see the dyno on it for us to be beleivers..
Old 02-07-02, 09:23 PM
RIIS300
Driver School Candidate

SC300TURBO - it looks like you took that post a little personal!!! Clam down, you sound like a pouting 10 year old ( "has nothing to do with press...nothing") now 415 (may be I typed 450, but it not like it would be that hard to squeez another 35 hp out of a turbo kit) is what I was saying about the XS kit not the Power House kit.....and actually I have seen the dyno sheet, it was on a auto, not even a 5 speed. XS kicks ***! and they are not over piced like TOYOMOTO!
Old 02-08-02, 06:45 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

no i didnt take it personal but if your gonna talk jibberish im gonna straighten it out...simple....im into that thing they call truth...and honesty...and on the is300 it is a big deal to get an extra35-100 rwhp...the multilink is very tricky...
i say it has nothing to do with press because his kits have been the same prices from the beginning...before any press...and after the press there the same price and to kill that point further....xs has had alot more press than toyomoto...so i think my comment was justified...
as for xs..there 413hp wasnt a basic kit and it dosent drive on the street with 13-14psi...it only drives on the street with 8psi......it was a custom kit not offered to the public....and there price isnt that much different <8,000 vs 8500>from the talk i hear and with toyomoto you get a haltech E6K installed and tuned.....whats better priced?...
as for powerhouse......they are great tuners...and i believe they will get the car going..what i want to see is a car completed....even an r&d car....some pics...some dyno sheets?....info...specs....cost?...mods...ect ect...not just ..yeah he told me it was going good...lol...
Jeff