Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

NOS for is350

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-07, 10:41 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default NOS for is350

did some research but info seems to be kinda hard to come by... found a couple of websites that sell them... from what i know i'm looking for a wet nos kit and i think my car could take 100 shots... can someone confirm and clarify? any help would be appreciated... direct link to a 30 post nos thread if this was discussed already too would be fine i just couldn't find it on our cars specifically
Old 02-11-07, 11:18 AM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There has been talk about this already but from what I have read it is very difficult. This is the thread I found on it. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=263745.
Old 02-11-07, 01:32 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

thank you... thank you..
Old 02-14-07, 08:46 PM
LED guy
Former Sponsor

bad idea. nos will destroy your car bit by bit.not recommended for a 40g+ car...
Old 02-16-07, 12:53 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

So will hard WOT starts without NOS. What is your point?
Old 02-16-07, 01:31 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

let me explain... i hope it makes sense to you guys or at least you can suggest something for me. i'm rarely a spirited driver... i mean i do go high speeds of around 80 on the freeway but most of the time i'm not even realizing i'm going that fast due to how sensitive our pedals are... this car doesn't seem to want to go slow

so anyway, i'm not spending 8500 for a SC that is only going to give me roughly 46 horses. From what i understand SC's are the most RELIABLE way to go... i'm not racing or going to be using the SC everyday and 8500 for something i rarely use doesn't make sense to me. Turbo from what i understand is unreliable BUT the best way to go if you want speed... and based on word of mouth NOS is the most unreliable of all. Though i been reading more about it doing some research and the websites are basically saying that it's unreliable and damages peoples cars because they don't have the right kit for their car... keep in mind though all of these options can hurt your engine no matter how you look at it. i will be using it sparingly roughly about once everytime we get together for the NELOC meets. maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I have someone special that i must stay ahead of... i won't drop names ... but do you guys think this is the best route for someone like me?
Old 02-16-07, 05:18 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

NOS kits can pretty much be installed on any car.All you need is an EFI NOS kit.And jets sized for the liter of your motor.Any good NOS co. can match up the specs for you.They do not make any IS kits because no one has been brave enough to try yet.(cars to new to market)You can make your own kit.A good bet would be a IS300 kit.You will just have to figure out where to tap the fuel.I was going to change out the bango fitting to a A/N bango with a tap for NOS line.I`ll be trying my own kit in the spring when it warms a bit ,too cold for NOS right now!LOL..
Old 02-16-07, 05:22 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

If you try, buy a Wideband O2 and make sure A/F ratios don`t get above 11 flat.Be safe batman.
Old 02-16-07, 10:34 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
So will hard WOT starts without NOS. What is your point?
he has none, just regurgitating crap he heard and passing it off as his own
Old 02-16-07, 04:29 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

It doesn't correspond with my experience at all. NOS works fine as long as it is set up right, and especially set up to avoid backfiring into a plastic manifold that will shatter under the right conditions. Nitrous backfires have killed more than one OEM Supra intercooler. I hate to think what might happen to our big (and likely expensive) intake manifold if there was a nitrous backfire.
Old 02-16-07, 04:34 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Surely Lexus would cover an exploded intake manifold under warranty ...
Old 02-16-07, 06:02 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

I wonder about the physics of nitrous oxide in a stratified lean charge scenario. Its too bad Heywood doesn't cover this stuff more completely :-(... He does have a couple interesting pages on stratified-charge stuff, but nothing in depth, and, what a surprise, he doesn't cover nitrous injection to increase oxygen content and burn rates.
Old 02-22-07, 05:52 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Irishman06
I wonder about the physics of nitrous oxide in a stratified lean charge scenario. Its too bad Heywood doesn't cover this stuff more completely :-(... He does have a couple interesting pages on stratified-charge stuff, but nothing in depth, and, what a surprise, he doesn't cover nitrous injection to increase oxygen content and burn rates.
It seems to work well in diesel engines.This is were the idea for GDI motors started.They have done many studies on propane and nitrous in diesel motors.Nitrous does not combust on its own it only adds to the combustion process.Being said my question would be would the extra nitrogen in the mix actully slow the stratified lean burn?Nitrous added with fuel would burn off all the oxygen and extra fuel but the purpose is the change the bonding of oxygen and nitrogen during a stratified scenario.I quess it would depend on injection timing,which would be only when the valves open-would enter before the compression started.so what does this mean?Would it burn or just ping the cylinder?

Last edited by HKS350; 02-22-07 at 06:05 PM.
Old 02-22-07, 06:03 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy
It seems to work well in diesel engines.This is were the idea for GDI motors started.They have done many studies on propane and nitrous in diesel motors.Nitrous does not combust on its own it only adds to the combustion process.Being said my question would be would the extra nitrogen in the mix actully slow the stratified lean burn?
At the risk of being flamed ... doesn't air have a FAR greater nitrogen content than nitrous oxide?
Old 02-22-07, 06:13 PM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

I think the injection timing would have to change at WOT anyway.So this would totally cancel this prolbem out.No strafied lean burns at WOT.Just fuel and spark.This is why the port injectors are not used at WOT.Another question would be could the D/I with stand the high cylinder psi.Some diesels blow out their injectors.Your right Gernby.No flaming here.But only at atmos. psi.(nitro under psi changes the thinking alittle on this subject)btw props on the 13.0 1/4 mile....fastest known IS350...pimp`n

Last edited by HKS350; 02-22-07 at 06:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
2isBUGZEE (02-11-24)

Quick Reply: NOS for is350