Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Old 06-09-06, 03:11 AM
Car_kraZy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

much props bro. Love the way its turning out. Once I head back to the statesi am gonna shop around for a GS3 and start modding. After sayin that, any one know a good place in SOuthern CALI that is capable of doing this kinda of swap. I am very interest. i will follow this thread as I want to do this too. A GOOD JOB MY FRIEND!!! NICELY DONE!
Old 06-09-06, 06:47 AM
Dukespeed
Rookie

Default Nice Work

Keep the updates comin. Also when its all said and done give us a rough idea of what you spent. I have a 98 GS3 that would be prime for a new engine as we have 146k (but running like new). I will either buy a TT supra or buy another lex and mod my current GS3. Keep us informed

M
Old 06-09-06, 01:11 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Supraownzu
the twin walbros gave me a fit, though i ran twin -6's on mine to the new fuel system. also, which intercooler is that??? finally, i might have missed it, but what are you using for engine management???

dex- thanks for the info on the twin turbo throttle cable. i figured it would work, i just havent taken the supra off the lift yet to measure it.

The intercooler is from precisionperformance.net great quality and affordable. As for the engine management, when I do the fuel rail and injectors, I'm using a map-ecu. That will eliminate the MAF and I can adjust the fuel from the piggy back system. I'm not touching the timing because its a VVT-i By the way, the car started today . Almost done.
Old 06-16-06, 02:38 AM
Car_kraZy
Driver School Candidate

any updates on the swap. New pics or maybe a video. I am anxious to see the end product. Let us know. I think everyonr wants to see
Old 06-18-06, 01:25 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Sorry its been awhile since I last posted. Here's the latest. Car is running and shifting very good. getting used to the 4 speed. The motor is very responsive when shifting manual. Right now, I have the Map-ECU hooked up and it's reading all the stock info. The more info, the better the map. I will probably take of the stock maf tomorrow. Right now, the fuel cut comes in @ 11psi. It is such a tease. The car starts to boost hard and then I have to let off the throttle. It's pulling hard though. I got the fuel rail and injectors now and will install them soon. The only thing that couldn't be wired on the engine was the VSC. Don't really need it but would be nice to have. The wire guy got everything working, including ABS, and no check engine lights. I'll take some more pics when i get home today. Got a turbo blanket for the back housing from manictechracing.com. Rudy gets parts cheap and knows what's best. They know these engines like the back of there hands. I will definitely keep this thread going, just need some time to work all the little things out. I'll post some pics later. Going on the dyno hopefully tomorrow. Thanks again to manictechracing.com
Old 06-18-06, 08:10 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BurgandyGS
Sorry its been awhile since I last posted. Here's the latest. Car is running and shifting very good. getting used to the 4 speed. The motor is very responsive when shifting manual. Right now, I have the Map-ECU hooked up and it's reading all the stock info. The more info, the better the map. I will probably take of the stock maf tomorrow. Right now, the fuel cut comes in @ 11psi. It is such a tease. The car starts to boost hard and then I have to let off the throttle. It's pulling hard though. I got the fuel rail and injectors now and will install them soon. The only thing that couldn't be wired on the engine was the VSC. Don't really need it but would be nice to have. The wire guy got everything working, including ABS, and no check engine lights. I'll take some more pics when i get home today. Got a turbo blanket for the back housing from manictechracing.com. Rudy gets parts cheap and knows what's best. They know these engines like the back of there hands. I will definitely keep this thread going, just need some time to work all the little things out. I'll post some pics later. Going on the dyno hopefully tomorrow. Thanks again to manictechracing.com

Wait untill you go to use the cruse controle over 65mph I was so pised.

Ben
Old 06-19-06, 11:00 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BurgandyGS, nice swap! quick question:

I was told by some past-GTE-swappers here on ClubLexus that the stock GS300 driveshaft did not fit, and had to be fabricated. I read that yours fit perfect?
Old 06-20-06, 04:08 AM
Car_kraZy
Driver School Candidate

is it possilbe to get a rough estimate of your engine swap. Just so other people can compare what they send and what you spend. That way people can measure how much money they spend = out to how much power they can get. I know it not always the case of the more you spent the more power you get bout at least people who are thinkin bout the swap, such as myself, can get an idea of what we are gettin into before we actaully do the swap.
Old 06-20-06, 04:49 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
BurgandyGS, nice swap! quick question:

I was told by some past-GTE-swappers here on ClubLexus that the stock GS300 driveshaft did not fit, and had to be fabricated. I read that yours fit perfect?
Im betting he didnt have drive shaft issues due to using a vvti motor which is found in the same generation gs vs using a first gen aristo motor swap. Also now a days a custom driveshaft is only a few hundred bucks.

Congrats on the swap...
Old 06-20-06, 08:10 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was thinking the same thing. Is this due to the fact that its 2nd gen?

Hey Burton .. Did you use the JDM driveshaft or the USDM one? I know you had to adjust yours, correct?

Also fellas not to hijack this thread but i got offered a 2000 Ariso ENTIRE FRONT CLIP (dash includes the JDM navi) with the stock JDM fuel pump+JDM driveshaft with 84K miles for $4700 delivered to my door. What do you think?
Old 06-20-06, 08:17 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Burton .. Did you use the JDM driveshaft or the USDM one? I know you had to adjust yours, correct?
Old 06-20-06, 10:51 AM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

Sure glad I'm 1st gen. My front clip delivered to my shop was $2500. It is a 95 with 114k kilometers on it. No navigation but I'll live without it.

As for the driveshaft, the option for first gens was to remove the end of the JDM tail shaft with a 30mm socket and swap it with the US spec. Length was not the issue. Not sure about second gen. My clip actually came with the driveshaft and pumpkin so I have no worries. Gotta love Venus auto.
Old 06-20-06, 03:34 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSoup

Also fellas not to hijack this thread but i got offered a 2000 Ariso ENTIRE FRONT CLIP (dash includes the JDM navi) with the stock JDM fuel pump+JDM driveshaft with 84K miles for $4700 delivered to my door. What do you think?

Yes I used the JDM drive shaft, but only the section from the end of the trany to the fist joint. The 4-speed trany is about 2 inches longer than the 5-speed stock trany. You also have to use the aristo trany mount.

Yes that is a good deal on the clip. If you get it can you send me pics of the fuel pump assembly.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 06-20-06, 04:46 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Burton remember this thread with the fuel tank drawing?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...2&page=1&pp=15
Old 06-20-06, 07:00 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

What's up fellas. As for the driveshaft, the stock one fit perfect. I still haven't put in the differential. Can't wait for the LSD. The tranny was already mounted on the motor so I didn't have to put that on. I have seen a few questions on cost?? I will list all costs, (that I can remember), soon. I will tell you that I payed $$ 5500 for the 2jz-gte VVT-i Aristo motor, ECU, 4 speed tranny with manual shifting options, shifter for inside the car, driveshaft, full rear end axle with LSD diff. Also it was warrantied upon startup and shifting properly, even though I did some modifications. I wanted that motor because it fit right in the mounts with no fabricating and also it was VVT-i, more torque and didn't want any computer issues with timing. I know you can get the non VVT-i motor a little cheaper, but I didn't want that. As for the rest of the costs, it really depends on the products you choose and how much power you really want. I am going for around 700 hp. So it might be a little more than someone going for 500 hp. I could of dropped in the stock twins and a couple of other things and rode. And it would of rode good. But I knew I would want to single it later and might as well do it while the motor is out. Also, all the accessories you choose vary in price, sometimes a lot. But you get what you pay for. One last thing, Who's doing the swap??. I was lucky and one of my best friends owns a performance shop manictechracing.com That helped a lot. They also have a dyno and have been running these engines in supras and 240's for a long time. That's enough for now. Peace.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2jz-gte Conversion