Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2jz-gte Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-06, 09:56 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i didn't even know you've had it that long i thought it was part of the mods your doing now...oopssss.
Old 06-02-06, 06:33 PM
DEXLEX
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YES I GOT IT DONE, BUT IF YA TRYING TO LOOK AT SOME PICS HIT ME UP @ DLEXUSGS300@AOL.COM I CAN EMAIL THEM TO YA. I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO POST MY PICS ON HERE FOR SOME REASON THERE NOT SHOWING UP..

DEX LEX
Old 06-02-06, 09:50 PM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's late and I'm tired. We got the engine in and the intercooler mounted. We also hooked up the driveshaft, the stock one fit perfect. Now I have 2. Here's a couple things we encountered:

-Engine came out no problem and the mounts lined up perfect.
-Have to replace battery with smaller one because of my wastegate.
-Stock radiator and fans fit back perfect.
-Intercooler mounted up and stock bumper fit back on. Had to take off bumper support.
-Need a longer throttle cable.

Thats all I can think of now. Piping tomorrow for the intercooler, etc., etc. I'll keep you posted.
My good friend's shop helped me with everything. I owe it all to them. manictechracing.com
Attached Thumbnails 2jz-gte Conversion-engine-pic.jpg  
Old 06-02-06, 10:34 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dayum... Lookin sick!
Old 06-03-06, 12:10 AM
LexT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BurgandyGS
It's late and I'm tired. We got the engine in and the intercooler mounted. We also hooked up the driveshaft, the stock one fit perfect. Now I have 2. Here's a couple things we encountered:

-Engine came out no problem and the mounts lined up perfect.
-Have to replace battery with smaller one because of my wastegate.
-Stock radiator and fans fit back perfect.
-Intercooler mounted up and stock bumper fit back on. Had to take off bumper support.
-Need a longer throttle cable.

Thats all I can think of now. Piping tomorrow for the intercooler, etc., etc. I'll keep you posted.
My good friend's shop helped me with everything. I owe it all to them. manictechracing.com
Stock Ecu or JDM, which tranny did you use?
Old 06-03-06, 12:38 AM
djjt
Lead Lap

you people are SICK with IT lol... i like my v8 sound
Old 06-03-06, 08:02 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexT
Stock Ecu or JDM, which tranny did you use?
Stock ecu to get it started. I'm going to do the fuel after I get it running and then I'm using a MAP-ECU. It plugs in easy and bypasses the stock one. I'm not touching the timing. I used the tranny from the aristo. 4-speed auto with a manual button. I'll take more pics soon.
Old 06-03-06, 09:03 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the update Burg... keep it coming
Old 06-03-06, 11:45 AM
LexT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djjt
you people are SICK with IT lol... i like my v8 sound
Iam pretty sure we're gonna see lots of GS4's up For Sale, once the 2jzgte swap hits everyone with a GS3 like a virus. I sold mines 2 months ago and never looked back.
Old 06-03-06, 01:11 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LexT
Iam pretty sure we're gonna see lots of GS4's up For Sale, once the 2jzgte swap hits everyone with a GS3 like a virus. I sold mines 2 months ago and never looked back.
You hit it right on nose man, when I was looking into doing the gte swap there were maybe 1 or 2 cars who had done it on CL and I knew as the gs3 became less expensive to buy that we would start to see more poeple choose the gs3 and gte swap than a gs4 with sc or custom turbos, just cuz the options for more power for the gs4 are either crazy expensive,had ceilings, or just had issues when they wanted to push the envelope with the gs4 set up. Its a new wave that is coming as more people can get their hands on these motor set ups for a lot less than before and the car is more affodable than before. I'm happy to see the new wave cuz more info will come out as to what and how these motors can do which is almost basically anything a supra can do if we choose to go that far with it. Nothing wrong with a gs4, people love the stock power and tq. Its a great car with very nice add ons available for more power and tq. Its great for those who don't want the headaches that can come with FI but for those who love the FI realm the gte swap in a gs3 will have the most potential and easiest road to that potential.

Much congrats to both of you for your work. Your in FL burgandygs? where abouts?. We have tons of meets and shows including one in mid july at JM Lexus in Maragte. You should come check it out. I would love to see the set up in person as I'm also looking to single turbo my set up sometime in the off show season around Jan. for 07. I'm running the jap spec ecu and nothing else and my car is running really good, all we did was run a boost cut and spd cut among some other small stuff. I'm looking into upgrading the fuel and doing s-afc2 with a boost controller by mid summer as I also just wanted to run the engine for a bit before we started upgrading things. Some poeple just do it all at once but some like to make sure all stock parts are fine before they start to upgrade so its easier to truoble shoot if something is not right. Now I did the non vvt-i gte swap so maybe that why you have to run a map-ecu to bypass your stock ecu cuz of the vvt-i? I'm not too familiar with the vvt-i gte in that case. But again congrats and I am looking forward to checking it out when your done.

Last edited by bluelex; 06-03-06 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-04-06, 05:26 AM
MrJAAY
Rookie

congrats on the swap!

Just curious, you guys all have the 4spd auto tranny? whats the point of doing the GTE swap without the 6spd tranny? Where is the fun in that?

Your going all out 2 make a sedan a sports car, why not do the 6spd and make it shift like what it was suppose 2.... Man i hate auto, if i could have gotten a 6spd in my Gs4, i'd be on that without thinking twice!

Auto is 4 old geezers, lol
Old 06-04-06, 05:45 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

**** i would do anything for that engine!
Old 06-04-06, 09:18 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Thanks Bluelex. I'm only about 25 minutes from JM Lexus. Keep me in mind when the meet gets close. I must say my car doesn't come anywhere close to how bad__s your car is, but give me time ......and money and hopefully I will be there. Once the engine is in and running, I'll work on the outside. Well we piped the cold and hot side yesterday, still needs to be polished. Only had to cut some plastic undersiding. Very minor cutting. The stock bumper needs very minor cutting as well. That will be gone soon. VERTEX KIT. We also did the downpipe and part of the exhaust, all stainless steel. I have to drill the hole and get the Supra O2 sensor. We also took out the fuel pump, we are gonna run a dash 8 or 10 up to the engine and split it for now. That way when I upgrade the fuel rail and everything, I don't have to waste money. Also a return line. Here's a few pics, should be done and off to get wired on Monday.
Attached Thumbnails 2jz-gte Conversion-cold-side-pipe.jpg  
Old 06-04-06, 09:19 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Hot side piping
Attached Thumbnails 2jz-gte Conversion-hot-side-pipe.jpg  
Old 06-04-06, 09:20 AM
BurgandyGS
Pole Position

Fuel pump out