Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

JOEZ intake Dyno results and videos (Independently Tested)

Old 05-13-06, 10:43 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts
Default JOEZ intake Dyno results and videos (Independently Tested)

Just did my JOEZ dyno runs today on my car. In summary, the JOEZ intake WORKS! Gained Peak numbers of 5.23hp and 5.26 peak ft/lbs of torque. Also gained power throughout the entire rpm band!

Here are a few videos and below are the baseline dyno results overlaid with the new JOEZ results.

Baseline Dyno

LMS Intake Dyno

JOEZ Intake Dyno

JOEZ Intake DYNO (2) As you can see the dyno begins shortly after the first orange ring lights up around the tachometer which is 75mph. Any speed lower than this the car will downshift on full throttle and throw off the dyno readings.

Old 05-13-06, 11:00 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome! Thanks for the dyno and videos!
Old 05-13-06, 11:52 AM
isdsms
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-13-06, 02:31 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

high rpm gains just as i thought
Old 05-13-06, 03:34 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Gotta get me one!
Old 05-13-06, 04:10 PM
jasoncd
Pole Position

Thanks James. Looks nice! I appreciate you posting the dynos. Still debating on whether or not to wait and see what else becomes available, but I think I'll pull the trigger.
Old 05-13-06, 04:21 PM
jinetix
Pole Position

Where do you order this intake?
Old 05-13-06, 06:04 PM
skorpio
Driver

I like your plate, TRAFFIC SUCKS !!! heheh great one!
Old 05-14-06, 11:54 AM
frylai
Driver

LOL Joe should pay you for this Can't wait to install mine should be the first one on a RHD!!!

Matt =)
Old 05-14-06, 12:42 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by frylai
LOL Joe should pay you for this Can't wait to install mine should be the first one on a RHD!!!

Matt =)
LOL yeah he should. Actually I only did the test because I wanted to make sure the intake gives the IS350 gains. More of a personal self assurance thing. I had the LMS intake for a few weeks and when I dyno tested it, it was awful. Consistently made less power then the baseline run I did until I added a second fan that blew air almost directly on the intake at which point the car picked up like 3 ft/lbs of torque, but the hp remained the same as baseline. I am sure the primary reason for this is that it's drawing in warm engine bay air. So from my independent tests I've concluded this pipe replacement works the best and I'm going to do a drop in filter when they become available. I'm hoping blitz releases their drop in filter soon as it is a non-oiled type. I'm avoiding any type of oiled filter as I have a feeling the MAF will get messed up.
Old 05-14-06, 01:27 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice vid... I like how the dash lit up when you got to a certain Speed.. Seemed like those rings lit up..
Old 05-14-06, 04:32 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
LOL yeah he should. Actually I only did the test because I wanted to make sure the intake gives the IS350 gains. More of a personal self assurance thing. I had the LMS intake for a few weeks and when I dyno tested it, it was awful. Consistently made less power then the baseline run I did until I added a second fan that blew air almost directly on the intake at which point the car picked up like 3 ft/lbs of torque, but the hp remained the same as baseline. I am sure the primary reason for this is that it's drawing in warm engine bay air. So from my independent tests I've concluded this pipe replacement works the best and I'm going to do a drop in filter when they become available. I'm hoping blitz releases their drop in filter soon as it is a non-oiled type. I'm avoiding any type of oiled filter as I have a feeling the MAF will get messed up.
Thanks for posting the results. They don't look to be too far off from what I expected.
Old 05-14-06, 05:31 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
Thanks for posting the results. They don't look to be too far off from what I expected.
They are better then I expected and it cost me a quite a bit of time and money to do the testing of the intakes, but it's worth it to me as long as I know the parts work.
Old 01-28-08, 09:43 PM
4WS@TLA
Driver School Candidate

umm... Am I the only person who sees the correction factor on the stock is .96 and the Joe Z pipe is on 1.00.

This means that the stock is making .04% less than on the rating scale as the Joe Z pimp.

Also meaning the the Joe Z numbers are exaggerated and the stock intake actually makes about 4whp more than the Joe Z.

Sorry....
Old 01-28-08, 09:44 PM
4WS@TLA
Driver School Candidate

I will add that the powerband on the Joe Z pipe is much nicer, so its still a good buy...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JOEZ intake Dyno results and videos (Independently Tested)