Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS Intake stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-06, 04:33 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
I deliver everything i order to my office....that way, if Im not at my desk, someone else in my office will sign for it.

With that said, in my experience, FEDEX or UPS tend to falsify delivery attempts if they can't deliver a package within normal business hours. This happened to me at least 3 times....so they re-delivered the following day.

When I approached the delivery driver about it, they BS'd me about the door to my office was locked during business hours. Well, its never locked during business hours (7 am - 5 pm).

I guess what im saying is that there is a possibility that its stll to be delivered...and NOT stolen.

GL!!

Pete
but if they didn't drop off the package they wouldn't stated delivered????
Old 01-25-06, 06:36 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by shaolin
but if they didn't drop off the package they wouldn't stated delivered????

Yeah I have a good feeling that my package was stolen by some punksters. There is a middle school up the road from me and I've noticed that they get out about the time my package was delivered. I'm not sure how the whole insurance works and stuff with delivery, but I sure would had to have to call LMS up again and spend another 225+shipping on another intake. Sometimes you can't have a package shipped to work as that address won't match up on our credit card address.
Old 01-25-06, 07:15 PM
Ryuken
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I did. I have everything shipped to my dad's work place. What you should do is call up your credit card company, and tell them you want to add a shipping address.
Old 01-25-06, 09:34 PM
aznevoviii
Pole Position

Damn this sucks. Hope this is not happening to my order from LMS.
Yeah, and if no one wants to take red film, I will take them off your hands.
Also the fogs too. I am local, so I can always pick it up, and bring some beers to have my spoiler done

I actually dont have a good drill... I was woundering... if i can use.... heehee.

But, hopely you get the LMS back from delivery, and we could even install both at sameday cuz I just ordered mine from Steve.

Let me know whats up.

-John

PS: You got yours at 225 +shipping?? OMG I paid mine 255 + 15 shipping, so 270 total...
Did I get scamed or wat?
Old 01-26-06, 05:03 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by aznevoviii
Damn this sucks. Hope this is not happening to my order from LMS.
Yeah, and if no one wants to take red film, I will take them off your hands.
Also the fogs too. I am local, so I can always pick it up, and bring some beers to have my spoiler done

I actually dont have a good drill... I was woundering... if i can use.... heehee.

But, hopely you get the LMS back from delivery, and we could even install both at sameday cuz I just ordered mine from Steve.

Let me know whats up.

-John

PS: You got yours at 225 +shipping?? OMG I paid mine 255 + 15 shipping, so 270 total...
Did I get scamed or wat?
Not really sure about the pricing issue, but I know I ordered mine early so maybe the price has gone up since then.

It's been 16 hours since I discovered my package was missing and I still haven't heard back from FEDEX. I called them again this morning and they told me I have to wait and hear back from the driver as to where he put the package. If the package is indeed not where he left it and I'm sure it's not because there aren't many places you can leave a package at my house. (either front door or in the back of the house where the garage is) then I will have to contact the shipper (LMS) and they will need to file a claim. God only knows how long that will take. Maybe LMS will be so nice to send me another intake while they wait for the claim money from FEDEX assuming the package has some kind of insurance on it.

I was actually going to do a before and after dyno today of my car stock and with the intake on, but since I don't have the intake I'm only going to be doing a baseline stock dyno. I'll post results later in the day. My appointment is at 1pm at Ultimate Performance here in Ashburn VA. The dyno is a dynojet in case anyone was curious.
Old 01-26-06, 05:14 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The classic we had was arriving home to find a note from the courier saying " Parcel left in wheelie bin". Checked bin and found it empty - the reason it was at the front door was because that was the day they came round and emptied it. You couldn't make it up.... I now get everything delivered to my office.
Old 01-26-06, 05:30 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Big Andy
The classic we had was arriving home to find a note from the courier saying " Parcel left in wheelie bin". Checked bin and found it empty - the reason it was at the front door was because that was the day they came round and emptied it. You couldn't make it up.... I now get everything delivered to my office.
I'm assuming a wheelie bin is your trash can. Man that is classic!! I'm def going to learn from this incident and try to get everything delivered to my work for now on too. Gosh this stinks.
Old 01-26-06, 07:10 AM
SilverBolt
Driver

Call the 800 number on the back of your card. You can add an alternate approved ship to address. I use my office. No worries about packages left on my door step.

Regarding your before and after dyno testing. Good plan with one thing to consider. If you drive in and do your before pulls the disconnect the battery to install the intake your next pulls will be squewed. Resetting the ECU will reset the fuel parameters that the car had learned up to that point. No matter what affect the intake has your numbers will have changed. I have seen this proven on everything from bikes to cars that have computer controlled fuel injection. Try this little test is the dyno shop will let you. Drive in and do your before pulls. Clear the ECU with no other changes and do another pull. The cleared ECU run will show more power. It's a very old trick used by many aftermarket parts suppliers to show gains from their parts. To get an accurate reading from the intake install the car needs to be driven for a few days to re-learn it's parameters. Go do your before pulls now. Once you have your intake install it and drive it for a few days then get your "after" pulls done. Dyno's have software to compinsate for temp changes. On a N/A motor unless there is a drastic temp difference it's not that big of factor.
Old 01-26-06, 07:18 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilverBolt
Call the 800 number on the back of your card. You can add an alternate approved ship to address. I use my office. No worries about packages left on my door step.

Regarding your before and after dyno testing. Good plan with one thing to consider. If you drive in and do your before pulls the disconnect the battery to install the intake your next pulls will be squewed. Resetting the ECU will reset the fuel parameters that the car had learned up to that point. No matter what affect the intake has your numbers will have changed. I have seen this proven on everything from bikes to cars that have computer controlled fuel injection. Try this little test is the dyno shop will let you. Drive in and do your before pulls. Clear the ECU with no other changes and do another pull. The cleared ECU run will show more power. It's a very old trick used by many aftermarket parts suppliers to show gains from their parts. To get an accurate reading from the intake install the car needs to be driven for a few days to re-learn it's parameters. Go do your before pulls now. Once you have your intake install it and drive it for a few days then get your "after" pulls done. Dyno's have software to compinsate for temp changes. On a N/A motor unless there is a drastic temp difference it's not that big of factor.

Sounds like a good plan. I'll dyno today and get a good base line and once I get my intake installed I will drive it around for a few days and go back to the shop for another dyno. Thanks for the great information. It makes complete sense.
Old 01-26-06, 10:53 AM
aznevoviii
Pole Position

Ultimate performance is way to go!! I dynoed my s13 and evo there, when I was tight with machv, and Dan became an ***... so. watever! lol

-john
Old 01-26-06, 11:02 AM
aznevoviii
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
Not really sure about the pricing issue, but I know I ordered mine early so maybe the price has gone up since then.

It's been 16 hours since I discovered my package was missing and I still haven't heard back from FEDEX. I called them again this morning and they told me I have to wait and hear back from the driver as to where he put the package. If the package is indeed not where he left it and I'm sure it's not because there aren't many places you can leave a package at my house. (either front door or in the back of the house where the garage is) then I will have to contact the shipper (LMS) and they will need to file a claim. God only knows how long that will take. Maybe LMS will be so nice to send me another intake while they wait for the claim money from FEDEX assuming the package has some kind of insurance on it.

I was actually going to do a before and after dyno today of my car stock and with the intake on, but since I don't have the intake I'm only going to be doing a baseline stock dyno. I'll post results later in the day. My appointment is at 1pm at Ultimate Performance here in Ashburn VA. The dyno is a dynojet in case anyone was curious.
I also wanted to know if i can take those Nokya foglights and red film off your hands?

-john
Old 01-26-06, 11:11 AM
Jimmer350
Driver

I too don't expect this from FEDEX. On the other hand UPS is the worst courier I've ever dealt with and can't believe they are still in business.
I want to order the illuminated scuff plates from Carson but they ship UPS and I don't want to deal with them. No joke, I simply would be worried about even getting them. I have too many bad stories about UPS to even get into it.
Old 01-26-06, 04:07 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Good news and bad news to report.

Heard back from FEDEX and the driver said he rememered making the delivery. So either it was an inside job or some kids walked by and took the package. I talked to Steve at LMS and asked him if he could call FEDEX and make the claim and he said he would gladly do that and ship me a new intake to my WORK address as soon as possible. If his products are anywhere nearly as good as his customer service then he is going to have alot of loyal customers.
Old 01-26-06, 04:58 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

I lost a computer the same way. LMS should ship their packages as "Signature Required" so FEDEX/UPS can't just leave it. Inconvenient if you aren't at home and can't have it shipped to work though.
Old 01-26-06, 07:06 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by caymandive
Good news and bad news to report.

Heard back from FEDEX and the driver said he rememered making the delivery. So either it was an inside job or some kids walked by and took the package. I talked to Steve at LMS and asked him if he could call FEDEX and make the claim and he said he would gladly do that and ship me a new intake to my WORK address as soon as possible. If his products are anywhere nearly as good as his customer service then he is going to have alot of loyal customers.
I'm glad that worked out for you.

Quick Reply: LMS Intake stolen!