Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: SRT Intake/ECU Owners - would you recommend?
I have the SRT intake/ECU on my GS400 / GS430 and WOULD recommend it.
46.81%
I have the SRT intake/ECU on my GS300 and WOULD recommend it.
2.13%
I have the SRT intake/ECU on my GS400 / GS430 and would NOT recommend it.
4.26%
I have the SRT intake/ECU on my GS300 and would NOT recommend it.
0%
I have another brand intake on my GS
4.26%
I don't have any intake on my GS
42.55%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - GS400 owners with SRT w/ECU Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 08:27 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poll - GS400 owners with SRT w/ECU Intake

My new years resolution is to spend some $$ on the GS. I'm thinking of taking the plung and do an intake mod. I figured on getting the SWT w/ECU. I just want to know how many GS400 owners have it and are satisfied. I figured a poll would make sense here to help tally the numbers.

I've also seen some custom boxes for the filter housing and heat shield.
Old 01-09-06, 08:36 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Updated your poll a bit to make it more explicit / comprehensive to get your answer
Old 01-09-06, 08:41 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Thanks Dave. Looks good.
Old 01-09-06, 11:58 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bmgs400
My new years resolution is to spend some $$ on the GS. I'm thinking of taking the plung and do an intake mod. I figured on getting the SWT w/ECU. I just want to know how many GS400 owners have it and are satisfied. I figured a poll would make sense here to help tally the numbers.

I've also seen some custom boxes for the filter housing and heat shield.
I also assume you mean SRT instead of SWT? I've seen you type this in 2 threads so I am not sure if it is just a typo.

I went a head and changed the thread title but I'll leave the initial post to you. I see that the poll options say SRT but I am not sure if Dave did that when he edited it.
Old 01-09-06, 12:43 PM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Neo
I also assume you mean SRT instead of SWT? I've seen you type this in 2 threads so I am not sure if it is just a typo.

I went a head and changed the thread title but I'll leave the initial post to you. I see that the poll options say SRT but I am not sure if Dave did that when he edited it.
Yes. SRT is correct. Sometimes I get ahead of myself typing too fast. I missed it during proofread. Thanks!
Old 01-09-06, 01:56 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my thoughts

I have a clip of my 430 with the SRT installed doing a 0-60 run. I will have to repost it unless someone else has it saved and can send it to you. I think most folks that have an issue with it, have a problem with the noise. Too loud for some is just right for others (myself included). I love the tone. I have recently added the L-Tuned exhaust, also a source of differing opinions WRT noise level. I can understand how some people may be turned off by the L-Tuned exhaust note as it is apparent all through the RPM range. The SRT is there when you want it to be, but subtle enough under 3000 RPM to be unnoticed. I recommend it.
Old 01-09-06, 04:22 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STONER
I have a clip of my 430 with the SRT installed doing a 0-60 run. I will have to repost it unless someone else has it saved and can send it to you. I think most folks that have an issue with it, have a problem with the noise. Too loud for some is just right for others (myself included). I love the tone. I have recently added the L-Tuned exhaust, also a source of differing opinions WRT noise level. I can understand how some people may be turned off by the L-Tuned exhaust note as it is apparent all through the RPM range. The SRT is there when you want it to be, but subtle enough under 3000 RPM to be unnoticed. I recommend it.
When you had the srt installed, did you notice any loss of power off the line
Old 01-09-06, 05:04 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rheiy
When you had the srt installed, did you notice any loss of power off the line
Nope, not that I noticed.
Old 01-09-06, 05:57 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh yeah i remember that video
Old 01-09-06, 10:07 PM
LexT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any one ever ran this thing at the track? Has anyone raced an E46 M3, how'd they do?
Old 01-10-06, 04:31 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexT
Any one ever ran this thing at the track? Has anyone raced an E46 M3, how'd they do?
I'm guessing even with the intake and ECU you'd probably not fare too well against the M3.
Old 01-10-06, 07:27 AM
tmasta
Intermediate

yeah dont try to touch the m3.. but id say get a TC to compliment it... from what i read the SRT will take a little low end away. but i had both installed at the same time so its hard for me to know. the TC is definitely the best investment for the fun o meter though!
Old 01-10-06, 09:15 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

I remember that...the sound was great.
Old 01-16-06, 10:44 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Well i have the vid but can't copy and paste it... Sorry..

Tony
Old 01-16-06, 05:21 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

no Brainer!! Get it!!

Quick Reply: Poll - GS400 owners with SRT w/ECU Intake