Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

woohoo i'm supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-05, 02:55 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before jumping to a bigger (XB1-A) SC for more boost .. .check out www.928motorsports.com

They do pretty trick shieet to the BD11-A series Powerdyne blowers... MUCH bettter bearings,cooler running..Custom case venting, higher speeds & longer rebuild/ belt replacement duration. most importantly MORE BOOST... i am running 7-8 PSI off my BD1A now & expect to see upwards of 9-11psi from it once the new bearings go in & i am able to safely spin it faster...

main thing i ma lookin for is the improved kevlar belts & the better Bearings to see at least 8-9PSI.. .also they offer "impeller shimming" to eliminate as much gap and there fore blow by from the ends of the impeller blades to the scroll housing to increase the efficiency of the unit considerably and also get more BOOST from the same speeds thisis part of the " Venting & Shimming " package for about$ 120 or so that just helps the unit run cooler and produce more boost.

i tell ya if i can see 9-11 psi from this quiet *** unit i will be STOKED.. . each Pound of boost/ PSI is roughly good for 20 HP.. .so if i am hitting 310 at 7 psi.... i should see a SOLID 350 rwhp at 10+ PSI easily!!!!

hell i could just about QUIT the game at 350+ RWHP hahaha that is PLENTY to deal wit hjust about ANY nice OEM fast car on the street!!!

i will be getting mine done soon
Old 12-07-05, 09:47 AM
ctmpwrdcam
Driver School Candidate

How fast are your 0-60 and quater mile times with this blower. 310 seems like a fair amount of power at the wheels.
Old 12-07-05, 01:16 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Honestly....um i really dont know ... i don't drag race at all.

I much prefer to road race. Grip or Drift a bit & the odd autocross. I hit the track for open track days at Willow Spgs., Buttonwillow, & Laguna seca as often as possible...

I really couldnt care less what the Qtr times are as i will never need to worry about it.. it's jus' not my thang.

As long as i get a strong midrange hit in 2nd, 3rd & 4th gears i have all the fun i want...& can scare my self ****less in the process hahaha.

0-60 would be interesting to know & one day i willl bother to time it just for ****s & giggles...

EVENTUALLY time & schedule permitting & when the right opportunity presents itself... i will hit the drag strip, at least once, just to see what happens.......... but i dont expect much on a couple passes, as i never have done it & have ZERO experience driving on a drag strip at all much less launching any car off the line in anger hehehe

& I know driving & the launch is KEY to good fast times at the strip...

I am just a MUCH more experienced, & better canyon carver & road racer than a drag racer for sure...

When/if i go to the strip,...I will post the results...
Old 12-07-05, 01:56 PM
ctmpwrdcam
Driver School Candidate

Im with you, im more of a stop light guy myself, and i do enjoy scaring myself every now and again.
Old 12-07-05, 01:58 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

heheh yeah that is about hte only time i " drag" race any one or any thing.... as long as it is quiet lonely & "safe" hehehe

more of my "challenges" happen o nthe freeway these days tho....

THAT is fun... most cars that challenge me think they will kill me or that the car is al lshow hahahah

SURPRIZE!!!

it GO's too!

Old 12-07-05, 02:00 PM
ctmpwrdcam
Driver School Candidate

And thats why im trying to figure out. I cant decide if i want a GS400/430 or is300...
Old 12-07-05, 02:07 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

GS is much more mellow & refined........ mature almost but a softer sporty large sedan for sure............

GS is less aggressive & MUCH less responsve than the IS.. .if you like to DRIVE the car & specifically take turns agressively the IS is fabulous.... even stock.... if you are more of a cruiser, not very aggressive behind the wheel,..& value the luxury & other accoutrements of a luxury sporting sedan, then the GS might be better for you.

good luck!!!

& PS .. .LMW makes the Supercharger kits for the IS & GS as well..
Old 12-07-05, 06:49 PM
ctmpwrdcam
Driver School Candidate

I do both. Unfortunatly there isnt much to get into around here and enjoy. What there is to enjoy has become over crowed. I guess im just going to have to drive more cars and see what works. I would like to get an IS to be as fast or faster than the GS, thats just fun.
Old 12-14-05, 03:15 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by edgy

GS is less aggressive & MUCH less responsve than the IS.. ...
With a 3.76 and TC - I would say it is more responsive than the IS. Both awesome cars though - you can't go wrong either way

Jonny
Old 12-22-05, 11:21 PM
Eric BMW
Driver School Candidate

Looks good!

How heavy is this car?
Old 01-11-06, 07:47 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks great.... Try to take some full pics of the car... I wanna see the rest... Congrats on the supercharger..

T
Old 02-26-06, 10:28 PM
toyotasupr
Rookie

where do u guys get the sc kits from??
Old 02-27-06, 12:02 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

www.luxurymotorworks.com

call them & ask for Steve..

tell him Edgy sent ya....

Old 02-27-06, 12:12 PM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hehe..."How many ASE mechanics does it take to install a supercharger?...."
Old 03-06-06, 05:52 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have a kit comming out in 1-2 months (they have thier test one there already) for the new IS350. Im thinking about it. How do you rate their kit? How well built is it? Its going to be like 5-7000. For that price do they always leave bolts and stuff missing or why was your kit missing so many parts?

Quick Reply: woohoo i'm supercharged