Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharged GS300

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-01, 09:37 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, I am quite new to this club, so cut me some slacks, =D I am wondering if there is any where I can upgrade my GS to major performance gain? I have tried so many different places, and they are primary aiming at GS400 instead of 300. Any suggestion or reply is appreciated!! please help.
Old 04-11-01, 10:58 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

gsintensive - Do like what i'm doing and wait for Swift Racing to come out with their supercharger in the summer i think.

And trd ' s supercharger sometime early next year. While i'm waiting on the s/c kits to be made i'm upgrading everything else.

Patience my friend , patience.
Old 04-11-01, 11:42 PM
GSAristo
Driver

Talking

YES! Thanks for the info 1niceride!

I've been waiting to hear that since I got my car. I've always wanted forced induction... just like the V300's in Japan!

So will the TRD one be factory warrantied? I assume it should be, like the S/C for the Solara.

OK, OK, gotta calm down now...
hehehee

Old 04-12-01, 12:39 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by al2jzge

So will the TRD one be factory warrantied? I assume it should be, like the S/C for the Solara.

If you go with TRD S/C then you're going to be charged a grip for the installation, and eventually the cost of fixing some problems will be the same as the dealers charing you for installation at like, 200 bucks per hour for S/C.
Old 04-12-01, 05:44 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

THanks for everyone's replies, i really appreciate it, I guess I will do so as to wait until the summer then. Do you guys have any idea of how mcuh the performance gains? or how much the price runs? .. ahh.. too excite!!
Thanks
=D
Old 04-13-01, 11:37 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by gsintensive
THanks for everyone's replies, i really appreciate it, I guess I will do so as to wait until the summer then. Do you guys have any idea of how mcuh the performance gains? or how much the price runs? .. ahh.. too excite!!
Thanks
=D

The performance gain better be at least 80hp at the crank to impress me, so it's enough to beat a GS4! Otherwise I wouldn't wanna spend couple grand for something that won't help much.

I think it should cost around 4k ~ 5k, then installation probably 1 k. I'm not sure, Steve can probably find out 1st hand.
Old 04-18-01, 03:48 PM
Rollhard.com

Wink turbo kits

The kit we are working on now is claimed to make about 320HP, reiably. I'll keep you all posted on how our project goes. The kit is an Fmax turbo kit. Havent sold any yet to know responses from customers so we're doing the project ourselves on my car.
Old 04-30-01, 12:25 AM
Lord_Vader

Default I am new to the CLub

First question is What year Gs300 are you guys talking about? I have a 94 GS300. with a Fmax Turbo Kit and a 70 Shot NOS kit and Believe me I wanna see any GS400 showing there superiority over the GS300's.

I do have the picture of my car too....its not a good one but if you look hard enough you can see the Intercooler up front. Presently I am only running lik 10 -12 lbs of boost becasue of the Transmission. thats the only weak link GS300's have. but hopefully that will be soon remedied. right now on my list is a 3" exhaust catback and a ECU. then the transmission. other than that....the car feels and moves beautifully.

I am not sure but I have guessed that at about 18 lbs of boost I should be running somewhere between 400-500 hp. Thats without using NOS. And Yes I do have a 70 shot NOS system just for ****s and giggles. Once I get my list of things taken care of. I have a friend who has a dyno which I am planning to use very very soon. Then I could give you more accurate data. Maybe post my sheet. Hope that helps.
Old 04-30-01, 12:32 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Lord Vader - First off let me say welcome to the club! We are referring to the 98 + GS or second generation GS's .

So any time slips ?
Old 04-30-01, 12:40 AM
Lord_Vader

Default nope

Thank you For the warm Welcome.

Nope... no slips yet...all in good time my friend...all in good time. There are a couple of local friends who have the Newer GS300's and 400's. and I pretty much walk em eyes closed. So I am hoping I am doing better than 14.5 cause if I am not mistaken, I think the stock GS400's do quarter miles in 14.7 or so. Do correct me If I am wrong though.
Old 05-02-01, 12:10 AM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

Ok GS300 uses an Inline 6 Cylinder Engine... the V300 Uses an Inline 6 Cylinder Engin Turbo.... guys do you know where those engine came from *hint*

Toyota Supra the Normal EFI is on the GS300 now ,, the Toyota Supra Turbo engine is on the V300 AKA Aristo.

If you want to Modifiy your GS300 I recomend you check the Supra Upgrades as well its the SAME engine, and their should be a lot of Mobification you will find ,,,

I hope that helps
Old 05-02-01, 12:46 AM
Lord_Vader

Default Correction

Hi there BBD.... read your post I am sorry but I have to disagree with you a little bit. First off Supra NA Engines are Yes the same as GS300 Engines. Not the turbo engines. ANd the Upgrades yes you can check for the NA Supra upgrades ...and yes they will help. How ever the Aristo Engines are the same as the Supra turbo engines. I agree with you there. BUt still if you mix and match parts well those are actually a little modified engine parts for example the Aristo engines are a little more tuned and modified then the supra engines becasue they aristo;s are a little heavier then the supras. so the engines are a little more tuned for dragging that extra weight. even the turbo specs are a little didfferent between the supra and aristo.

I hope you don't mind me kind of correcting you . just wanted to let the enthusiasts know.
Old 05-02-01, 05:23 AM
Rollhard.com

this might be a thought. since the gs300 engines are the same as the supra n/a, will it be cheaper to just implant the supra turbo engine in the gs300? has anyone ever done this. it should be a bolt-on right?
just a thought.
Old 05-02-01, 09:08 AM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

Lord_Vader thank you for clearing that point out
As for Rollhnd ,, about placing the Supra Turbo Engine in the GS300,,, a hard one their wether the Lexus Gear box would fit to that engines mount, u might have to make some modification that are going to be $$$$ think you are better off with the engine you already have and add the modifications you require.
Old 05-02-01, 02:11 PM
Lord_Vader

actually I know people who have done a supra twin turbo swaps along with the trannies in the sc300's(almost same as GS300). with the six speed manual trannies. I was planning to do a six speed tranny swap in my gs300...is it possible yes....difficulty......don't even go there... :-). BU there aare always easier ways like the After market turbo kits. I mean right now I walk the stock twin turbo supras. but I have couple of other friends that are still hard to catch. but it should all be good. I still have a list to go down on. :-)

Quick Reply: Supercharged GS300