Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RMM or SRT Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 07:43 AM
HotBlue400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RMM or SRT Supercharger

Should i get the RMM or the SRT supercharger?? i know that RMM has a summer sale going on for only $4500 compared to SRT's $6500.. anythoughts.. anyone have RMM's? any problems with it?
Old 05-03-04, 07:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

SRT does not sell a supercharger at this time, and from what I've read the RMM numbers are limited.

Given that - some of the pros/ cons as I understand them.

SRT's design is capable of producing more power than the RMM / UPRD design. It is also a much louder design, with a more noticable SC whine.

RMM design is very quiet - extra parts and tuning may (with luck and $$) get you up to probably 390 rwhp but no more. Out of the box it is not well tuned and will give you (relative to a tuned one) minimal HP gains.
Old 05-03-04, 07:55 AM
HotBlue400
Pole Position

SRT's website say's that they still sell the stage 2 and stage 3 .. so the RMM needs alot of tuning to get it right..i am not too worried about tuning.. anyone ever sell any setups used???
Old 05-03-04, 07:57 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

SRT's website is outdated... call them if you don't believe me . They did my RMM SC install and I spoke to Mo (owner of SRT) about selling his again. He *might* do it at some point, but right now is only offering twin turbo setups for GS4s.

Yes, I bought my RMM SC used here on CL in the classifieds recently. VERY infrequent, but sometimes you can catch one.
Old 05-03-04, 08:01 AM
HotBlue400
Pole Position

hmm good info. i am only gonna upgrade this engine once.. i was concidering just doing srt';s intake and ecu, but i know that it wont be enough power.. srt's TT setup is like 20k isnt it?? too much cash for me.. so are you happy with the RMM charger? any 1/4 mile times ? anyone else have this charger and ran 1/4mile?
Old 05-03-04, 08:29 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I haven't yet (just installed couple of weeks ago).

I know of two staff with RMM SCs that have gone to the track, low 13s.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=116033
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=110972

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-03-04 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-03-04, 08:44 AM
HotBlue400
Pole Position

hmm interesting.. but it sounds like for 7grand or more your only getting a half a second off the time as compared to just addinga T/C intake/ecu LSD .. hmm i would like to see more non FI mods come up.. throttle bodies and upper and lower intake manifolds and aftermarket heads and cams..
Old 05-03-04, 08:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Originally posted by HotBlue400
hmm interesting.. but it sounds like for 7grand or more your only getting a half a second off the time as compared to just addinga T/C intake/ecu LSD .. hmm i would like to see more non FI mods come up.. throttle bodies and upper and lower intake manifolds and aftermarket heads and cams..
Uhh.. that's pretty much a full second off 99% of member's times. Only the truly skilled/lucky have ever broken 14 secs even with TC/intake/LSD (I recall only two people doing it). I'd bet the average is 14.5 with a good run being 14.2

I'm with you, would love to see more stuff come out, but need to be realistic in expectations of what the non-FI mods available for this car are going to allow you to run. Don't add up the manufacturer claims and think you're going to run a 13.7. It's not going to happen without a downhill track in the winter with a hurricane force wind at your back and Big Daddy Don G at the wheel.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-03-04 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-03-04, 09:17 AM
HotBlue400
Pole Position

good call come race at atco nj.. closest to down hill track youll find,, i think i am going to start some R&D my self.. i mean.i am very very knowledgable of tpi set ups for chevy.. like ls1's and lt1's and tpi setups.. there has to be some simular things that i can do..
Old 05-03-04, 11:07 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by HotBlue400
good call come race at atco nj.. closest to down hill track youll find,, i think i am going to start some R&D my self.. i mean.i am very very knowledgable of tpi set ups for chevy.. like ls1's and lt1's and tpi setups.. there has to be some simular things that i can do..
better track is Raceway Park @ Englishtown..... Atco is okay...but E-TOWN's track is much better IMO from personal experiance...
Old 05-03-04, 11:34 AM
HotBlue400
Pole Position

i like E-town alot too, but e-town is always too packed, and to me it feels like the track has a slight up hill grade.. i dont know. .when ever i race at atco i seem to get better times.. its a toss up, i live like 40 mins from both tracks..
Old 05-03-04, 12:17 PM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

The problem with the 1UZFE engine isn't the engine itself, it's the ECM that is what restricts almost any mod you put on the car. If you are looking for pure straight line performance, go to a tranny shop and have the stock 3.23 rearend re-geared to 4.xx... then you'll see some increase the ECM can't mess with. Anything that touches air/fuel will be down tuned unless you can bypass/trick the ECM... unfortunately!
Old 05-03-04, 12:57 PM
kandygs400
Rookie

i personally have the rmm supercharger on my car...drove it to san fransico from san diego and back...no problems what so ever....did the install myself...with alot of help from my best homie...in 3 days...very simple to do nothing major....fuel injectors...suck *** but...its all well worth it...no lag...in power now...spinning my 20x10z like nothing...and burning them yokohama avs sports 285/30/20....they stopped production of the srt....and i talked to one of my lexus tech friends..and he said on the new gs430 block....u can boost up to 15 pounds...with out any internal work....wich is alot of boost....on the gs400 block...imma do it myself...try 12 pounds...and thats it....haha...i also talked to vortech....they make the supercharger for the gs400...and with the bracket that rod millen makes...youre able to change that v2sq out...to a T series supercharger....for more power and boost...everything is a trial basis with me...ill let yall know how everything goes...ronnie
Old 05-03-04, 01:09 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Cool Ronnie, didn't know you had the RMM SC!

How much power are you putting down now? Do you have limited slip? High Stall TC? I have very little wheelspin with mine unless I do a bit of power braking.
Old 05-03-04, 01:31 PM
kandygs400
Rookie

i have my torque converter havent put it in yet...gonna take 8 hours...according to the service manual...but i have the dragon TC...lsd....i dont think ill get that...but i really want a vavlebody upgrade...wheel spin...i dont have any...right mnow...im putting on my 8 pou8nd pulley today or tomorrow...maybe ill have some then...but with the 5 pound its nothing...pick up is great...no lag in power what so ever...i find myself driving in e shift mode alot more then auto...cause...i like down shifting and hearing the charger whistle....freaking GREAT!...hahaha...and i still have to put in my blowoff...and my afr...and all my other electronic goodies....ill let yall know how it goes

Last edited by kandygs400; 05-03-04 at 01:33 PM.

Quick Reply: RMM or SRT Supercharger