Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
Old 12-16-14, 12:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lexus IS Engine and Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

Spark Plug Change for GS300

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-07, 03:12 AM
JustC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Write up, I'll be changing mine today. I will let you know how it goes!
Old 08-12-07, 12:32 AM
SID
Driver School Candidate

I live in Canada any Ideas where I can get these torque master plugs for my GS300? Or a reputable site where I can purchase online from? also have a hole in my exhaust system - Its in the pipe b4 my catalyic (sp) converter and after the headers into the y-pipe
Old 11-21-07, 10:44 PM
tomtsops
Driver

Originally Posted by SID
I live in Canada any Ideas where I can get these torque master plugs for my GS300? Or a reputable site where I can purchase online from? also have a hole in my exhaust system - Its in the pipe b4 my catalyic (sp) converter and after the headers into the y-pipe
i'm from toronto as well, let me know if you find anything.
Old 08-09-08, 06:11 PM
5fingers
Driver School Candidate

I was only able to locate three plugs..
Old 08-10-08, 01:17 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default Here's all 6

Originally Posted by 5fingers
I was only able to locate three plugs..

Take a look at the picture and make sure you notice the circled letters on there b/c you'll have to plug it back in the right places. Sorry I couldn't get the top letter but once you get the "C" and "G" in place then the top is given. =) Also there'll be some dust, dirt, sand...in the spots where the plugs are at so what I use is a keyboard cleaner duster air spray to spray out as much as I could before I take out the old plugs. You don't want any of that stuff falling in. =| While you have the intake and throttle body off and everything, might as well give it a spray of throttle body cleaner to cleanse it. Good luck and have fun getting elbow grease! If you were in Houston, I would hands on help.

-John
Attached Thumbnails Spark Plug Change for GS300-06282008906.jpg  
Old 09-11-08, 02:13 PM
quickex99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RacingLuxury
Take a look at the picture and make sure you notice the circled letters on there b/c you'll have to plug it back in the right places. Sorry I couldn't get the top letter but once you get the "C" and "G" in place then the top is given. =) Also there'll be some dust, dirt, sand...in the spots where the plugs are at so what I use is a keyboard cleaner duster air spray to spray out as much as I could before I take out the old plugs. You don't want any of that stuff falling in. =| While you have the intake and throttle body off and everything, might as well give it a spray of throttle body cleaner to cleanse it. Good luck and have fun getting elbow grease! If you were in Houston, I would hands on help.

-John
Both "c" and "g" have those clips on them that hold the plug wire in place.. both of mine snapped.. does anyone know where I can get replacements? thanks!
Old 09-11-08, 11:29 PM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default same here

Originally Posted by quickex99
Both "c" and "g" have those clips on them that hold the plug wire in place.. both of mine snapped.. does anyone know where I can get replacements? thanks!
You have to get the entire wire...which costs tooooo much! Mine's broke too but it's ok. Just use some black electrical tape or not really needed. It won't fall off. But DO use the caps even if it's broken!

Last edited by RacingLuxury; 09-11-08 at 11:30 PM. Reason: More info
Old 10-07-08, 06:35 PM
imc
Rookie

How long do those wires last?
Thx
Old 10-07-08, 09:10 PM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default so far so good

I have 188K on my car and still using the original wires...so I guess forever unless you have severe damages to them...
Old 12-29-08, 09:41 PM
butterbeer
Pole Position

haha reviving this thread...anyways questions,
1. what does he mean by 'you need to twist the throttle cable cam back to release the cable.'??
2. what is that gold valve used for?
3. are the actual spark plugs under those wires that he's pointing to in post #10?
4. what is the "c" and "g". do i need to remove those to get the plugs out?
5. for the clips on c and g is there a special way to take it out without snapping them lol
lol i'm just used to workin on my integra...easy as cake compared to this
Old 12-29-08, 09:52 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1) the throttle cable sits in this groove on a circular tensioned rotating apparatus that converts the pulling of the cable to a rotating of the throttle plate. u have to open turn this to open the throttle plate from inside the tbody. when u do that, u should have enough slack on the throttle cable to release its end pin from the apparatus.

2) gold valve? u mean the throttle plate inside the tbody (throttle body)? its to limit/restrict or to allow air flow in.
3) under each numbered point, when u pull up on the spark plug wires, u will see the spark plug. u need a 5/8in spark plug socket to unscrew the spark plugs.
4) those clips become brital from heat and ware. the plastic may crumble. just be careful. i ended up replacing my plug wires with ngk plug wires.
5) answered in number 4.

good luck.

Originally Posted by butterbeer
haha reviving this thread...anyways questions,
1. what does he mean by 'you need to twist the throttle cable cam back to release the cable.'??
2. what is that gold valve used for?
3. are the actual spark plugs under those wires that he's pointing to in post #10?
4. what is the "c" and "g". do i need to remove those to get the plugs out?
5. for the clips on c and g is there a special way to take it out without snapping them lol
lol i'm just used to workin on my integra...easy as cake compared to this
Old 01-06-09, 06:26 PM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

I know I know back from the dead, but I was wanting to hear from the peeps who put in these t.m. plugs and to see if they are still running strong. They sound great but to be honest I am not "looking" for more power, mainly reliability and better gas mileage is my main concern. Or should I just get the Denso Irridium plugs. And not really worry about it. Veterans please reply. thanks as usual
Cyco
Old 04-29-09, 11:25 AM
bobby1234
Driver School Candidate

hello to every1 on here...great site...saved me a great deal of $$ a month ago when i needed to change my O2 sensor...

Great this thread has restrated becuase i now need some help with changing my spark plugs -- 2003 GS 300. Am i to assume the instructions listed in this thread is will be the same for the 2003? thanks in advance for your replies...i am going to tackle this over the weekend.
Old 04-29-09, 11:44 AM
RacingLuxury
Pole Position

Default yep yep

Originally Posted by bobby1234
hello to every1 on here...great site...saved me a great deal of $$ a month ago when i needed to change my O2 sensor...

Great this thread has restrated becuase i now need some help with changing my spark plugs -- 2003 GS 300. Am i to assume the instructions listed in this thread is will be the same for the 2003? thanks in advance for your replies...i am going to tackle this over the weekend.

Yep yep! It's all the same for the 2nd generation GS 300. For an extra step, before you take out the spark plugs, use an air duster can to spray out the dirt, sand, debris, etc. out of the area. There's plenty in there. Good luck and have fun.
Old 04-29-09, 01:35 PM
bobby1234
Driver School Candidate

thanks so much for that speedy reply...and i will surely take heed and spray out the debris before changing...

Quick Reply: Spark Plug Change for GS300